SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

14 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Import/export is working on both of my phones now. emoji106.png
I didn't see any NR info coming through on SCP this morning. I did notice that Cellmapper is showing RSRP and some other stats on my S20 Ultra, but I have no idea how its getting that info. I didn't think to send a diagnostic report this morning but I did send one back on Wednesday when connected to N5.
(If the screenshots are huge I'll resize them when I get home to my desktop)

Glad to hear it is fixed, thank you! On the beta, you can now more clearly see any raw 5G info on various sections of the diagnostic mode screen, although in the current implementation you should see it on the main screen if there was anything there. I intentionally don't have a lot of filtering in place yet.. it's very basic until I can see how it behaves in the real world.

• Like 1

Got the update on my V50. I got da 5Gs! [emoji23] I think by the time I sent the diag report I might have dropped to LTE. I didn't see any 5G in the diag data. Then again, I didn't see that section at all until you pointed it out to me. [emoji16]96fc68e1bfd06e2f87b75ca548c2ed5d.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Got the update on my V50. I got da 5Gs! emoji23.png I think by the time I sent the diag report I might have dropped to LTE. I didn't see any 5G in the diag data. Then again, I didn't see that section at all until you pointed it out to me. emoji16.png

Your report was on time, but there's no 5G data showing other than that status flag I made up. Keep an eye on it if you can.. let me know if that seems to appear and disappear with the 5G status bar icon or not..

• Like 1

Your report was on time, but there's no 5G data showing other than that status flag I made up. Keep an eye on it if you can.. let me know if that seems to appear and disappear with the 5G status bar icon or not..
Will do.. curious what you are using to detect 5G since nothing seems to be showing in diagnostic mode.

Will do.. curious what you are using to detect 5G since nothing seems to be showing in diagnostic mode.

There's no signal or cell ID info being reported, but I found a different approach to try.. unfortunately it doesn't give anything useful other than a status flag. Not convinced it's entirely accurate yet, but that's where you guys come in!
  • Like 3

Hey Mike, I know others have already reported this but I did send in a report as I was driving from Denver to Omaha. I was having to fully exit SCP and then reopen it to get updated information. It sat stale for an hour at one point before I closed it and reopened to get refreshed information. Seems like Android 10 keeps making things difficult!

There's no signal or cell ID info being reported, but I found a different approach to try.. unfortunately it doesn't give anything useful other than a status flag. Not convinced it's entirely accurate yet, but that's where you guys come in!
I watched it for a while today as I drove in and out of 5G coverage, and the indicator in the app was always in sync with the system 5G icon.
  • Thanks 1

Hey Mike, I know others have already reported this but I did send in a report as I was driving from Denver to Omaha. I was having to fully exit SCP and then reopen it to get updated information. It sat stale for an hour at one point before I closed it and reopened to get refreshed information. Seems like Android 10 keeps making things difficult!

Thanks for the info.. unfortunately it does seem to be a change in Android 10. I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about it. What device do you have? I don't experience it with my Pixel 3 or Pixel 4.

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

Thanks for the info.. unfortunately it does seem to be a change in Android 10. I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about it. What device do you have? I don't experience it with my Pixel 3 or Pixel 4.

If it helps I experience it with a Pixel 3. Some items update without others (the carrier aggregation will update but everything else won't sometimes). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

I'm on the LG G8.

• Thanks 1

Getting more info from a few other people, it sounds like it's definitely limited to some Android 10 devices, and everything continues to update normally *except* signal metrics and cell ID details for the active LTE cell. LTE neighbors, CDMA info, and Wi-Fi are apparently working normally. If anyone is seeing something different, please let me know! I'm still working on finding a solution.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

feature request:

cloud saves between devices. 

I know that would be convenient for those of us with more than one device, but I will be honest and tell you that the level of complexity for something like this exceeds the time I have available to devote to the app right now. I hope to eventually add the ability to have database imports add to the existing data instead of wiping it out, and then users could essentially copy databases back and forth manually however frequently they wanted to.

• Like 3

Beta version 4.582b has been pushed out, but I am not sure how long it will take before it appears on devices. Google is warning that app processing may take up to 7 days (presumably due to the COVID-19 pandemic).

This update only attempts to resolve the stale LTE data problem that some users are seeing on Android 10 devices. Some code changes have been made that MAY resolve the issue -- please test it out and see if it works.

If you are still seeing the same behavior with this update, I added a more drastic code change as an option under Preferences > General > Use Stale Data Workaround. Enable that option and see what changes. Please do not enable this option until you try monitoring the app for a reasonable period of time with it disabled. I don't love the "fix" I created that gets enabled with that option, but it may be necessary. Of course, neither approach might fix it.

Please share your results in this thread, or privately however you normally contact me. Sending feedback within a diagnostic report is always acceptable, as that comes with background data that might be useful to me. Thank you!

EDIT: It's already live as of 8:15pm EDT

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Beta version 4.59b has been pushed out and should be available on Google Play within the hour. It slightly tweaks the behavior of the stale LTE data problem. The workaround will be force-enabled on all Android 10 devices, and selectable on pre-Android 10 devices. I was just going to remove the option and change the code based on the Android version, but perhaps there are users out there on an earlier Android version who could benefit from it.

As long as no last-minute problems come up, this version will be released to the public tonight or tomorrow. Please let me know if you run into any issues. Thanks for the help!

• Like 5

Beta version 4.591b is rolling out on Google Play now and should be available within a few hours. This includes a different fix to the stale LTE data issue impacting some Android 10 devices. I discovered that cell data is cached on Android 10, and "not guaranteed" to be the most current information (how this would be useful, I do not know), so I am now trying to force a refresh of this cache. Hopefully this update resolves the problem.. please let me know.. thanks!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Beta version 4.591b is rolling out on Google Play now and should be available within a few hours. This includes a different fix to the stale LTE data issue impacting some Android 10 devices. I discovered that cell data is cached on Android 10, and "not guaranteed" to be the most current information (how this would be useful, I do not know), so I am now trying to force a refresh of this cache. Hopefully this update resolves the problem.. please let me know.. thanks!

Just installed update, so far so good but see when i venture out of the house tomorrow.

Rickie

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 4:16 AM, mikejeep said:

Yesterday was out and about, even on roaming, all worked well on the latest beta update for data flowing thru. Some slowness at times but 99% better.

Rickie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SignalCheck beta version 4.592b is rolling out on Google Play now and should be available sometime tonight. There are several minor fixes, but the one I need feedback on is the option to enable/disable the Stale LTE data workaround. I have re-enabled the ability to toggle it for Android 10 users.

This "first" workaround seemed to work for some users, but I am not sure if it actually was the reason that users saw better results. The "second" workaround, a code change in Tuesday's release (4.591b), seems to have worked much better.

I would like users who experienced the stale data problem to test the app with this option enabled for awhile, then test it with the option disabled for awhile. I basically want to know if the option actually changes anything, or if it's unnecessary with the code change I made. Please provide feedback when you can, I am trying to get this issue resolved for everyone. Thanks!

EDIT: Update went live at 8:32pm Eastern

• Like 2

I had issues earlier with SCP after updating my S20+ to the April security update. App kept freezing and closing. Haven't had any issues until the update. Seems to be a little better now after a few reboots. 

5 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I had issues earlier with SCP after updating my S20+ to the April security update. App kept freezing and closing. Haven't had any issues until the update. Seems to be a little better now after a few reboots. 

Not positive, but that could be tied to the permissions library I use.. it has been throwing a lot of erratic crashes lately. That developer resolved some issues with it today, so those fixes are included in tonight's update (which just went live on Google Play too).

I was out driving two days ago with the latest beta.  Worked really well, no stale info as far as I could see.  I was experiencing stale data up until the time you forced the option on for Android 10.  Prior to that it didn't seem like it had much of an effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tongboy said:

I was out driving two days ago with the latest beta.  Worked really well, no stale info as far as I could see.  I was experiencing stale data up until the time you forced the option on for Android 10.  Prior to that it didn't seem like it had much of an effect.

Excellent! Can you try yesterday's update, disable the workaround under Preferences > General, and see if it still works well? Trying to determine if my original attempted fix is still needed or not.

Mike how have you been?  Its been awhile!  Anyway one of the last updates has borked SCP, I do not get any LTE info and it takes a few trys of reopening the app to get it to work.  Background services and location are all enabled as I haven't messed with any settings, is this a known issue?

Screenshot_20200413-231523_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

• Confused 1

Mike how have you been?  Its been awhile!  Anyway one of the last updates has borked SCP, I do not get any LTE info and it takes a few trys of reopening the app to get it to work.  Background services and location are all enabled as I haven't messed with any settings, is this a known issue?
980283798_Screenshot_20200413-231523_SignalCheckPro.thumb.jpg.a456ec1284ba1890e40c25ca7ff8f88b.jpg
I have this issue as well (just shows 1x in my case), but it populates once I turn off wifi. I see you're on wifi in your screenshot. Does it work when you turn it off?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk