Sign in to follow this  
Calvin200

Evo LTE no 3G reception.

My Evo LTE does not get 3G without having the upper back cover of the phone off.   How does that work?

My Evo LTE does not get 3G without having the upper back cover of the phone off.   How does that work?

The Evo LTE is known to have reception issues, but your situation sounds worse. You may want to have that checked out in a Service & Repair location.

My Evo LTE does not get 3G without having the upper back cover of the phone off. How does that work?

That's odd. The back plate on that phone has antenna connections and without it I have noticed signal drops. Have you tried a different back?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

EVO LTE has let me down. I'm done with HTC! Have you gotten it wet? This problem sounds like corrosion

Have you tried a different back?

Yes, he is using the aftermarket solid lead back.

AJ

• Like 2

EVO LTE has let me down. I'm done with HTC! Have you gotten it wet? This problem sounds like corrosion

I have an HTC one and it is outstanding holding on to LTE and 3G. Even in fringe areas.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By mikejeep
      Beta crew.. assemble!

A new update is finally published.. if you're special

-Mike
    • By jeremyvbk
      So I have been meaning to ask this, but who's equipment does this belong too? I believe ATT has one level. But I have never seen those top 2 middle Panels before. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9rubvfev1rp7i4/IMG_20140115_142041.jpg

• By Terrell352
      One of my two contracts are about to end November 6 and the other in May. I have three options and am having a really hard time deciding on the best decision so I decided to ask my S4GRU brethren for advice. Option 1 is to just keep my EVO 4G LTE until next year when all  of the new April-June phones arrive but I don't like this option because the terrible LTE reception and the fact that Sprints LTE roll out is going a little slow for my tastes. Option 2 would be "if" the Nexus 5 has Tri-band LTE I could sell my Evo for 150 if I'm lucky and pony up the rest of the money while not having to renew my contracts so if I get tired of waiting for Sprints network to come to life I can jump ship to T-mobiles pre paid $70 plan and test there network to see if its better than Sprint's network all while not taking a financial hit or I can keep the Nexus 5 as my tri band Sprint device until next years phones come out and keep both phones. Option 3 is if I get the G2 on best buy pre order for $100 with the $50 gift card which I will use to buy the quick case. I will also get the benefit of getting to keep my Evo LTE so another 2 phone benefit option is nice. Any suggestions 
    • By matt2k12
      Hello all,

Well I waited and waited for LTE to hit my area whence I could cut the cable cord. Well the rollout came and .... not so much. So I am looking at a signal booster / repeater. I came across some good info, mostly here on s4gru but I was wondering since those threads are outdated by the rollout and the date posted I thought I would post up and see if anyone had some recent experience with Wilson electronics and LTE service? I am mostly only interested in the 1900 mhz band as the 800 band will come later.

(http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/881-signal-amplification-i-want-to-install-a-booster-at-my-house/?hl=%2Bsignal+%2Bbooster)

At one point it was only the Wilson 801247 amplifier that for sure confirmed amplified the G band. I also came across this (http://blog.3gstore.com/2012/07/sprint-4g-lte-amplifiers-wilson.html) :

I find this interesting because Wilson doesnt market a Sprint LTE amp like they do for Verizon. I assume it works in the 1900 band like they say it does. Although on the product descriptions they say explicitly that the products do not work on LTE including Sprint. Is this clever marketing on their part to drive sales to the Quad band amplifier? Obviously they would rather sell the $1000 amp than the $200 amp that is only 5mhz or less away from Sprint's band?

Does anyone have any more hands on experience? The Wilson 801247 kit is a Desktop (DT) model and not made for a larger home or area which I am trying to cover. So I want to confirm if a different amp they offer will amplify the 1900 mhz G band of Sprint LTE.

If you have a working signal repeater setup that receives the 1900 mhz Sprint LTE please let me know the model of antenna, amp, etc...

Thanks in advance.

• By MacinJosh
      Today PRL 51095 was pushed to iPhone 5 on Sprint. Anyone with a LTE world phone also get the same PRL file?

Not sure what is different yet. If I knew how to extract the PRL from my phone I would gladly send the file to digiblur for analysis.