SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, floorguy said:

question.. and I apologize if its posted somewhere else..

Now I gotta go through and make new notes in SCP right??  The sprint tower IDs will be removed?? once all the switch over is done?

(damn I feel like a kid again when the LTE deployment was going, and tracking tower upgrades)

The Sprint signals will be going away entirely at some point, so yes you'll need new notes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

The Sprint signals will be going away entirely at some point, so yes you'll need new notes.

Do we or are we possibly going to have an idea of tower locations, similar to what we did with sprint??

Because I have a handful of tmo I know about...buuuuuutttt  as of now, their antennas are a little more difficult to pick out

26 minutes ago, floorguy said:

Do we or are we possibly going to have an idea of tower locations, similar to what we did with sprint??

Because I have a handful of tmo I know about...buuuuuutttt  as of now, their antennas are a little more difficult to pick out

We do not currently have the breadth of information that we got from Sprint. If you know of any potential sources though... let us know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

We do not currently have the breadth of information that we got from Sprint. If you know of any potential sources though... let us know.

Dont I wish.. 99% of the sales people I have come across, know exactly jack, diddly, and squat..   Vs the information I know

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:26 PM, Trip said:

Not sure when it started, but I noticed yesterday that my home screen widget for SCP stopped working.  It was frozen on old values, but would still bring up SCP if I tapped it.  I then removed it from my home screen and added it again, and now it says that SCP is not running and tapping it does not open SCP.

The widget is downright flaky on Android 7 and up. Android intentionally restricted the update frequency and I have yet to find a way around it. If you get in the scenario where it won't open SCP, it was probably shut down and killed from memory.. you'll have to re-launch from the menu, then you should be good for awhile. Happens to me as well. I really found the widget useful so I spend a lot of time trying to fix it.. zero success so far.

1 hour ago, floorguy said:

I can't speak for S4GRU data sources, but on a similar note a I do know that T-Mobile LTE GCI patterns are nowhere near as consistent as Sprint's. Different markets have different rules, and many conflict with each other. Thankfully most phones report frequency info, but that's why you might not see secondary carrier info as much, or if you pay attention to patterns it might confuse you.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I can't speak for S4GRU data sources, but on a similar note a I do know that T-Mobile LTE GCI patterns are nowhere near as consistent as Sprint's. Different markets have different rules, and many conflict with each other. Thankfully most phones report frequency info, but that's why you might not see secondary carrier info as much, or if you pay attention to patterns it might confuse you.

This is correct.  In my travels, I've seen:

01/02/03 AWS or PCS, 04/05/06 700, 07/08/09 PCS or AWS.

01/02/03/04 AWS or PCS, 05/06/07/08 700, 09/0A/0B/0C PCS or AWS.

01/02/03 AWS or PCS, 04/05/06 700, 07/08/09 PCS or AWS with 0A, 0B, and 0C being the fourth sector for each band and not necessarily in any particular order.

01/02/03(/04) AWS, 0B/0C/0D(/0E) PCS, 15/16/17(/18) 700.

So "nowhere near as consistent" is very accurate.  It seems that 3D/3E/3F(/40) is always 600 though.

- Trip

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh.  In attempting to put the database back on my phone this evening after doing an update, it obliterated the database again.  It had been working as normal for several weeks.

I think I'm going to [finally] apply the Android 10 update and see what happens.  Maybe it'll help...

EDIT: When I rebooted, it came back up with data included.  No idea what to make of it.  Reimported from the file just in case, and it remained present, so we'll see, I guess.

Separately, how hard would it be to make it possible to filter the Neighbor Notes?  I noticed earlier today that I'm seeing neighbors on Bands 12 and 2 pretty often.  Naturally, it tries to look for notes for those PCIs with PLMN 310120, even though they're clearly T-Mobile neighbors.  Would it be possible to add a "Sprint transition mode" or something where it matches Band 25/26/41 neighbor notes to 310120 and other neighbor notes to 310260?

- Trip

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mike,

I have been noticing that certain individual site notes have been missing lately, and I wasn't really sure what to make of it.  I finally determined this morning that the issue seems to be that rows are getting dropped from the database file.  I kept a copy of my database from 4/1, right when the merger ended, and I did a sqldiff between that and today's file and found something like 100 rows that had previously been present in my database file then are now missing. 

The missing rows seem to be in random spots, but are sequential.  So I'm missing IDs 3898-3922, then 15546-15583, then 17433-17462, then 25625-25647.  The last row in the 4/1 file is 28638.

What I have yet to determine is whether it's something to do with the nowal and/or vacuum procedure I've been doing to get my database in and out of SCP, or if it's something related to Android 9/10 on the G8X.  I'll be investigating as time permits.

- Trip

I have been noticing that certain individual site notes have been missing lately, and I wasn't really sure what to make of it. 

What I have yet to determine is whether it's something to do with the nowal and/or vacuum procedure I've been doing to get my database in and out of SCP, or if it's something related to Android 9/10 on the G8X.  I'll be investigating as time permits.

There is not anything within the app that deletes database rows, except for the function that clears duplicate GCIs.. but the user has to manually run that from the menu. Keep me updated please!

-Mike

3 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

There is not anything within the app that deletes database rows, except for the function that clears duplicate GCIs.. but the user has to manually run that from the menu. Keep me updated please!

-Mike

I shall.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting there's anything you're necessarily doing wrong; I'm wondering if some of the underlying functions you're using for Sqlite3 are dropping rows at import time.

- Trip

Hey Mike, any progress on getting the NR band info to show on Samsung phones? Not sure if it was working on others or not. Now that T-Mobile is making progress on deploying N41 it'd be helped to know which of the two I'm on. I'll continue to send diagnostic reports in as my phones get updates in case anything useful shows up. Hopefully I'll be able to get you some SA NR data soon. 

HJ1jgKGl.jpg

• Like 2

[mention=1235]mikejeep[/mention] just sent you some reports from my S20+ on SA N71. Let me know if you need more.
Attached some screen shots. 8f1c28dc97c2c21b926d103c334281a9.jpgbb15a03d4b07ba7508823d7f19e0976d.jpgfaf075dcad67a12c41cb1f40838ca38b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, mdob07 said:

@mikejeep just sent you some reports from my S20+ on SA N71. Let me know if you need more.

Your phone is reporting some GREAT details.. signal info, ARFCN, PCI, NCI.. I've been working on it! Will take me some time, but I have what I need. First time I have seen such complete information, thank you!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mikejeep said:

Your phone is reporting some GREAT details.. signal info, ARFCN, PCI, NCI.. I've been working on it! Will take me some time, but I have what I need. First time I have seen such complete information, thank you!

Glad I can help.

• Like 2

New beta rolling out now, should be available within the next few hours. Major work on the 5G routines.. fingers crossed for some great improvements. 5G-NR information will now be displayed in its own block on the main screen like other connections, and standalone 5G connections have their own status bar icons.

There is still a lot of work to do, but hopefully this is a big step forward.. let me know!

EDIT: Google Play is taking longer than usual to process this update. I will add a post when I get notified that it has gone live.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mikejeep said:

EDIT: Google Play is taking longer than usual to process this update. I will add a post when I get notified that it has gone live.

Out of curiosity how long does it usually take for an update to process? I know some of the YouTube channels I watch have mentioned similar issues with videos processing once they're uploaded. I wonder if its related to that.

16 hours ago, mdob07 said:
Out of curiosity how long does it usually take for an update to process? I know some of the YouTube channels I watch have mentioned similar issues with videos processing once they're uploaded. I wonder if its related to that.

Pre-pandemic it was usually an hour or less, but there's no explanation or ETA given. Since March, Google has posted warnings of extended processing times but nothing specific. This is the longest delay I've experienced.. it's still pending, 18ish hours after I submitted it.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 7:20 AM, mikejeep said:

-Mike

Mike,

Closing the loop, the issue was apparently on my end somehow.  I spent all day working on it after I realized that I had a bunch of duplicate rows (with the same _id value!).  I cleaned all of those up, plus reinserted the rows that had been lost and removed the duplicates that had been created to replace the lost rows, and then realized that even when I sorted by _id, some of the rows were still out of order.  An integrity check confirmed corruption in the database file.  I dumped out all the data to a .sql file and then recreated the database file.  Now it passes an integrity check, and I've pulled the new file into SCP.

(If I do a sqldiff between the old file and the new one, it wants to "correct" the new one by deleting a bunch of rows which appear to be the rows that went missing previously.)

I'm expecting that to resolve my issue.  No news will be good news.

- Trip

11 hours ago, Trip said:
Closing the loop, the issue was apparently on my end somehow.

Thanks for the update, glad you got it figured out! I tried messing with some of my database routines this week trying to replicate your issue, but couldn't generate similar problems. Never hurts to go back and check my work once in awhile!

The latest beta update finally went live at 5:09AM (Eastern) today.. let me know!
Definitely making progress! Sent a couple reports as well. 3d5dd5798e00ca4b3343ae802507326c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Definitely making progress! Sent a couple reports as well. 3d5dd5798e00ca4b3343ae802507326c.jpg

NSA N5 on my other phone. Looks like the 5G block got moved below the neighbor notes. 020b0dcccd005ed0310f738217b52463.jpg5631f73b1e01dd7556bda1ca2c9fcdba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mdob07 said:

NSA N5 on my other phone. Looks like the 5G block got moved below the neighbor notes.

Thank you for the fast response! I do not have 5G access yet, so user feedback is the only way I can make progress.. I sincerely appreciate it.

I will move the 5G block above the LTE info since I expect that to be a higher priority for most users. Will also resolve that extra display block appearing.. that's a side effect of some of the data being reported multiple ways. Will also continue adding support for logging/alerts/neighbors/etc as I go along.

Please keep an eye on the band/frequency data to make sure the calculations are correct. I was getting errors that your n71 ARFCN was invalid, but your enginerring screen was reporting the same data..

(Also, I am still working on Dual SIM support, bug fixes, and everything else.. 5G support has become a priority at the moment since it's an active rollout and OS support for it is finally improving.)

• Like 4

Have you received any reports from the OnePlus 8 besides mine? I'm not sure how good the data is based on what I've read on here about how TMO is showing 5G as long as you're connected to an anchor LTE band even if there is no NR connected. Just hoping I'm sending actually helpful reports [emoji23]