Jump to content
mikejeep

SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

Recommended Posts

While the padding on the left definitely works, the right side appears to remain the same, based on connected to LTE and the IP address.


What device? It's tested to be working great on several devices so far. Can you send me a diagnostic and share a screenshot?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back to the old issues when the Q beta was brand new of SCP not reporting data, unless I'm in the app.

Everything is dashes until the app has time to refresh

 

Pixel 4 XL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

I'm back to the old issues when the Q beta was brand new of SCP not reporting data, unless I'm in the app.

Everything is dashes until the app has time to refresh

 

Pixel 4 XL

Try going into the system app settings for SCP and under location permissions change it to allow all of the time. That seems to have resolved a similar issue for me on 3 XL.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

Try going into the system app settings for SCP and under location permissions change it to allow of the time. That seems to have resolved a similar issue for me on 3 XL.

Good catch, that fixed it.  That was set previously, update just have whacked it

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New SCP beta just pushed out, should be available within the hour! Some major bugfixes.. please pass along any negative feedback as soon as possible, I would like to push it out publicly very soon. Here's the changelog:

  • Added limited recognition of 802.11ax Wi-Fi connections.
  • Added prompt to warn users if background location permissions have been denied.
  • Optional correction factor on LTE Timing Advance (TA) value now also applies to TD-LTE connections.
  • Resolved issue with duplicate notification channel entries. (*this may take a couple of app restarts to totally clear out, and your notification settings may be reset. This will not happen again in future releases.)
  • Resolved issue with missing WCDMA data on certain devices.

Thanks.. and Happy Thanksgiving!
-Mike

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone from the Beta Crew seeing obvious problems with the latest SCP update? Likely on Android 10? Many (including myself) are seeing no cell data, or data that suddenly stops updating or appearing. I've been flooded with reports but I didn't notice any from this group. I'm likely going to be pushing out an update shortly that makes one adjustment that I think is causing the major problem -- setting the compiler target to API 29 (Android 10). I'm going to try rolling it back to API 28 and see if things return to normal.

From a developer standpoint, the Android 10 network routines appear to be a disaster. Several long-established parts of the API are simply not working as designed. My best guess is they went too far trying to limit background processes to save power, but that's pure speculation on my part at the moment. Reporting bugs to the Android development team is a long, slow process but once I can narrow things down a bit I will do my best. This may be a bumpy road.

-Mike

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Anyone from the Beta Crew seeing obvious problems with the latest SCP update? Likely on Android 10? Many (including myself) are seeing no cell data, or data that suddenly stops updating or appearing. I've been flooded with reports but I didn't notice any from this group. I'm likely going to be pushing out an update shortly that makes one adjustment that I think is causing the major problem -- setting the compiler target to API 29 (Android 10). I'm going to try rolling it back to API 28 and see if things return to normal.

From a developer standpoint, the Android 10 network routines appear to be a disaster. Several long-established parts of the API are simply not working as designed. My best guess is they went too far trying to limit background processes to save power, but that's pure speculation on my part at the moment. Reporting bugs to the Android development team is a long, slow process but once I can narrow things down a bit I will do my best. This may be a bumpy road.

-Mike

i sent a diagnostics report from my app last night, oneplus 6 on android 10 where its not updating data very frequently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bmoses said:
i sent a diagnostics report from my app last night, oneplus 6 on android 10 where its not updating data very frequently.

A new beta update went live about an hour ago.. please give it a try and let me know if it fixed anything. Thanks!

-Mike

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

 


A new beta update went live about an hour ago.. please give it a try and let me know if it fixed anything. Thanks!

-Mike

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
 

 

updated to the latest version. walked around my basement for a bit and so far it appears to be updating every few seconds. i'll keep an eye on it and let you know if i see any issues, but so far its looking good!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, bmoses said:

updated to the latest version. walked around my basement for a bit and so far it appears to be updating every few seconds. i'll keep an eye on it and let you know if i see any issues, but so far its looking good!

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it! I just took a 50-mile drive just to test the app out and I'm also seeing a huge improvement. Going to push it out to the public right now.. it's definitely an improvement if not a complete fix fixed.

-Mike

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolled out another SCP update few hours ago, should be available to everyone on the Beta Crew by now.. finally finished several things I've been working on for quite some time:

  • Added system shortcut for app system settings (easier access to permissions)
  • Internal code enhancements to Location Service (aka it was completely overhauled to adopt newer best practices)
  • Removed persistent prompts/warnings that appeared when a user denied background location permission but had the background service disabled, or requested not to be prompted again (it's a fine line between educating and annoying)
  • Resolved internal exception when installing/updating the app (hopefully??)
  • Resolved issue with incorrect signal strength notification icon when connected to LTE & Wi-Fi Calling

The biggest things to watch for are issues with Location Service failing/crashing/etc or if anyone still sees the wrong signal strength in the notification bar when you are on Wi-Fi Calling.

This is more related to the last update, but does anyone have feedback on how LTE TA distances are looking? Mostly curious how accurate B41 appears to be, with and without the correction factor applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Rolled out another SCP update few hours ago, should be available to everyone on the Beta Crew by now.. finally finished several things I've been working on for quite some time:

  • Added system shortcut for app system settings (easier access to permissions)
  • Internal code enhancements to Location Service (aka it was completely overhauled to adopt newer best practices)
  • Removed persistent prompts/warnings that appeared when a user denied background location permission but had the background service disabled, or requested not to be prompted again (it's a fine line between educating and annoying)
  • Resolved internal exception when installing/updating the app (hopefully??)
  • Resolved issue with incorrect signal strength notification icon when connected to LTE & Wi-Fi Calling

The biggest things to watch for are issues with Location Service failing/crashing/etc or if anyone still sees the wrong signal strength in the notification bar when you are on Wi-Fi Calling.

This is more related to the last update, but does anyone have feedback on how LTE TA distances are looking? Mostly curious how accurate B41 appears to be, with and without the correction factor applied.

Downloaded update, TA on my home tower say 9(.44 miles) but it's really .75 miles away. Not sure what else might need to help the cause?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rickie546 said:

Downloaded update, TA on my home tower say 9(.44 miles) but it's really .75 miles away. Not sure what else might need to help the cause?

Do you have the TA correction option enabled under Preferences?

What I really need to do is get a decent sample size of B41 TA reports without the correction factor enabled, and record what the app shows and what the correct distance is. That would allow me to calculate what the proper correction value would be. TA is a funny beast on TD-LTE, I have always had a correction factor applied to the raw value.. so with the option enabled it's applying a correction to the correction.. 🤯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Do you have the TA correction option enabled under Preferences?

What I really need to do is get a decent sample size of B41 TA reports without the correction factor enabled, and record what the app shows and what the correct distance is. That would allow me to calculate what the proper correction value would be. TA is a funny beast on TD-LTE, I have always had a correction factor applied to the raw value.. so with the option enabled it's applying a correction to the correction.. 🤯

If your talking the Adjust LT timing Advance, no it's not on. I will give you some samples over the next few days.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another SCP beta release is rolling out on Google Play.. lots and lots (LOTS) of behind-the-scenes changes and bugfixes -- there shouldn't be any obvious impacts, but please keep an eye out for crashes/problems. Groundwork for dual-SIM support is getting there but not ready to be unveiled quite yet.. soon..

-Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, mikejeep said:

Another SCP beta release is rolling out on Google Play.. lots and lots (LOTS) of behind-the-scenes changes and bugfixes -- there shouldn't be any obvious impacts, but please keep an eye out for crashes/problems. Groundwork for dual-SIM support is getting there but not ready to be unveiled quite yet.. soon..

-Mike

Mike, You going to be able to show 5G on the app and log anytime soon so we can go back and look at logs when we get 5G connection?

 

Rickie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rickie546 said:

Mike, You going to be able to show 5G on the app and log anytime soon so we can go back and look at logs when we get 5G connection?

Yes, I will be adding full 5G support.. but at the moment that is third in line behind finishing Dual-SIM support (I have to re-write all of the cell routines, rather do that first) and major bugfixes (GSM notes/logging broken, Sprint B41 +1450 offset fixes, etc). Also, if Android follows its history, API support will be mediocre to start and only limited devices (none of which I physically have for simple testing) and areas (not mine yet) will utilize it. I do intend to get at least basic/crude 5G functionality implemented in the near future.

-Mike

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an update to the 5G discussion -- I have received several diagnostic reports from users who noted they were connected to 5G at the time (thanks!), however I have not seen an example where the API is reporting any 5G data. Everything has appeared as regular LTE for now.

Please keep sending me reports, I am sure eventually we will have a device that reports it properly! At a minimum it will need to be on Android 10, because the 5G reporting routines did not exist in earlier versions.

-Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikejeep said:

As an update to the 5G discussion -- I have received several diagnostic reports from users who noted they were connected to 5G at the time (thanks!), however I have not seen an example where the API is reporting any 5G data. Everything has appeared as regular LTE for now.

Please keep sending me reports, I am sure eventually we will have a device that reports it properly! At a minimum it will need to be on Android 10, because the 5G reporting routines did not exist in earlier versions.

-Mike

i have a feeling that the report i sent in i was really connected to LTE, like signal check was showing, but my phone is showing 5G..... once i get around to an actual tower that has been upgraded with B71 i can do some more testing and send more reports in. I have a feeling though that tmobile is showing 5G when when connected to LTE on the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G phone. Speed tests and signal check info remain consistent if i'm on "5G" and drop it down to LTE manually.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I crazy or does the padding not work?  No matter what I put in there as a value (0-100) it looks the exact same and the text starts at the absolute left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uecker87 said:

Am I crazy or does the padding not work?  No matter what I put in there as a value (0-100) it looks the exact same and the text starts at the absolute left.

You are correct at least on my unlocked Moto G7 power with Android 9.  On my LG V20 with Android 8 it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dkyeager said:

You are correct at least on my unlocked Moto G7 power with Android 9.  On my LG V20 with Android 8 it works fine.

Weird.  Yeah it isn't working on my Pixel 4 XL.  Android 10 obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, uecker87 said:

Am I crazy or does the padding not work?  No matter what I put in there as a value (0-100) it looks the exact same and the text starts at the absolute left.

 

23 hours ago, dkyeager said:

You are correct at least on my unlocked Moto G7 power with Android 9.  On my LG V20 with Android 8 it works fine.

 

2 hours ago, uecker87 said:

Weird.  Yeah it isn't working on my Pixel 4 XL.  Android 10 obviously.

Hmm, that's strange.. it works fine on my LG G2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4. If anyone experiencing this not working could set a padding value, back out of the Preferences, and send me a diagnostic report with a note about the padding when you have a chance. Maybe there's an error being quietly thrown I can look at. Not sure if there will be anything there, but I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

 

 

Hmm, that's strange.. it works fine on my LG G2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4. If anyone experiencing this not working could set a padding value, back out of the Preferences, and send me a diagnostic report with a note about the padding when you have a chance. Maybe there's an error being quietly thrown I can look at. Not sure if there will be anything there, but I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks!

You should have one from me. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

 

 

Hmm, that's strange.. it works fine on my LG G2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4. If anyone experiencing this not working could set a padding value, back out of the Preferences, and send me a diagnostic report with a note about the padding when you have a chance. Maybe there's an error being quietly thrown I can look at. Not sure if there will be anything there, but I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks!

Sent diagnostics just a few minutes ago from my Moto G7 Power Unlocked with Android 9 on Red Pocket ( T-Mobile).  Main Screen Layout Padding set to 50, but not change. Same at 100.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

  • Posts

    • It seems really big to me, but I have to admit I'm considering it.  The dual screen thing seems moderately interesting.  I'd be interested in trying it out.  EDIT:  But Best Buy has the G8X on sale right now at a very sensible price.  It's comparable in size to my G6, versus the V60 which, having looked at the dimensions, seems enormous by comparison.  My G6 is already at the very top end of what would fit in my hand.  If I got the V60, it'd be solely for the ability to use 5G, which I don't really need other than for tracking purposes--and right now, I think it's pretty safe to assume that a site with 600 MHz LTE on T-Mobile or a Massive MIMO antenna on Sprint is running 5G without having to prove it that way. - Trip
    • Official LG intro video:  
    • Any thoughts on the included dual-screen? Doesn't seem like something I'd use, would be nice to have an option where it's not included, maybe for a slightly lower price.  Battery size is nice! LG lagged a little behind on the battery for the G series for a while. https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-lg-v60-thinq-5g-with-8k-video-and-dual-screen/
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...