SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:
Have you received any reports from the OnePlus 8 besides mine? I'm not sure how good the data is based on what I've read on here about how TMO is showing 5G as long as you're connected to an anchor LTE band even if there is no NR connected. Just hoping I'm sending actually helpful reports [emoji23]

Yes, there are at least two OnePlus 8 TMOs on the beta.. and all reports are helpful, especially when there's context as to what the user thought they were seeing at the time (ie "My phone was showing 5G but SCP wasn't"). I receive a lot of reports, but more data is better so please feel free to send whenever you like.. especially after firmware or app updates. Some users run different OS/firmware versions and that helps me learn what issues might be my fault vs. what issues are resolved by system updates that I can't control.

When you see 5G info in SCP, do those readings fluctuate? Or do they seem to remain stagnant? If they are changing, that's a strong indicator that it's valid data.

Yes, there are at least two OnePlus 8 TMOs on the beta.. and all reports are helpful, especially when there's context as to what the user thought they were seeing at the time (ie "My phone was showing 5G but SCP wasn't"). I receive a lot of reports, but more data is better so please feel free to send whenever you like.. especially after firmware or app updates. Some users run different OS/firmware versions and that helps me learn what issues might be my fault vs. what issues are resolved by system updates that I can't control.

When you see 5G info in SCP, do those readings fluctuate? Or do they seem to remain stagnant? If they are changing, that's a strong indicator that it's valid data.

I didn't notice if the values were fluctuating because I was driving, but I will go out in a bit and stop and watch them when I see the 5G section populate. I sent the report when I stopped at a red light, and by the time I pasted in my message I had written earlier and hit send, the light was already green. [emoji16]

I do feel like I've seen them change before when I was watching them, but it's been a while since I really payed attention, as I didn't think it was really 5G at the time.

Another new SCP beta rolling out now.. it should be available sometime in the next 1-48 hours. This update includes more 5G improvements and a couple of other minor bugfixes. Getting close to the finished product for 5G, at least visually.. once I am satisfied the data is accurate and reliable, I'll start adding logging and site note features.

Has anyone noticed/confirmed any NCI patterns? Are the last two characters the sector, similar to GCI?

Thank you for all of your 5G diagnostic reports and screenshots, it is greatly appreciated!

• Like 5

Another new SCP beta rolling out now.. it should be available sometime in the next 1-48 hours. This update includes more 5G improvements and a couple of other minor bugfixes. Getting close to the finished product for 5G, at least visually.. once I am satisfied the data is accurate and reliable, I'll start adding logging and site note features.
Has anyone noticed/confirmed any NCI patterns? Are the last two characters the sector, similar to GCI?
Thank you for all of your 5G diagnostic reports and screenshots, it is greatly appreciated!
Just sent a report from each phone. Can't get SA NR to work on T-Mobile right now, I'm back to getting the Roaming Not Allowed message. Not sure whats going on with that. baf79c2396415e60834aa2cbca5d4b00.jpg352e59e7dad8cf00b1e45a77f66e7f65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Just sent a report from each phone. Can't get SA NR to work on T-Mobile right now, I'm back to getting the Roaming Not Allowed message. Not sure whats going on with that.

Thanks! Does that unnecessary "GSM" block always appear? Or only when connected to 5G? Or something else? If it's only when connected to 5G, that was a hiccup I was trying to resolve with this update.

2 hours ago, tommym65 said:

I lost the 5G info on my A51 5G. Sent diagnostic.

Thanks for sending that report! At the time of your report, your phone wasn't reporting any 5G info -- keep an eye on it and see if it starts populating later?

I am seeing the GSM and NR info blocks even when not connected to those. Tried exiting and restarting SCP but they are still there. 425ade71b2e3e018ed786b074f627f6c.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mdob07 said:
I am seeing the GSM and NR info blocks even when not connected to those. Tried exiting and restarting SCP but they are still there.

Thanks.. can you send me a report when you're not connected to 5G but seeing that block?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:
I'm only getting the empty GSM block.

Yeah it's happening to several users -- my guess is it's on devices native to non-CDMA networks. My "fix" was clearly a "break" haha.. please send me a report, I hope to get it resolved by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Yeah it's happening to several users -- my guess is it's on devices native to non-CDMA networks. My "fix" was clearly a "break" haha.. please send me a report, I hope to get it resolved by tomorrow morning.
LOL been there done that [emoji23]
  • Thanks 1

Another beta rolling out now! It should fix the issue with unnecessary GSM and 5G-NR display blocks appearing. If it's still not fixed, please send me diagnostics as usual. Thank you as always!
Fixed for me, thanks.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:
19 hours ago, mikejeep said:
Another beta rolling out now! It should fix the issue with unnecessary GSM and 5G-NR display blocks appearing. If it's still not fixed, please send me diagnostics as usual. Thank you as always!

Fixed for me, thanks.

Me, too. 

• Like 2

The GSM block is gone but I am still seeing the 5G block even when I have no 5G connection. Sent a report. 28129a93b9383040f3e585c5a089d790.jpg

• Thanks 1

The GSM block is gone but I am still seeing the 5G block even when I have no 5G connection. Sent a report.

Finally caught SA N71 working again. I don't see TAC reported anymore but the value it was reporting before was so long im not sure if it was correct or not. efa1e74eefaa019f43c9c22a90cd38ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Looks that way. 964c5d49a2199985b0d47e3b0d6ca46b.jpge09c4abf0b8c21c866b1ef1ad09f5719.jpg14601fbabeaf75333793a8a52379cf35.jpg

7 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Looks that way.

Looking at what's been posted here, I'm wondering whether it's the last two or last three digits that make up the sector.  I don't think I've seen a value other than 0 in that third-to-last spot in anything that's been posted here.

- Trip

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, mdob07 said:

The GSM block is gone but I am still seeing the 5G block even when I have no 5G connection. Sent a report.

Ugh. Getting there! I will keep working on it.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, mdob07 said:

Finally caught SA N71 working again. I don't see TAC reported anymore but the value it was reporting before was so long im not sure if it was correct or not.

It was invalid on your device before.. you should only see it if it is within the valid range now.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 6:36 AM, Trip said:

Separately, I'm loving the "accent" option.  Very useful.  Two comments though.  1)  Can you set the yellow accent for Shentel?  It doesn't seem to show any accent at all when set to Shentel.  2)  Can you have it follow the PLMN rather than the provider name?  I am still having that issue where, for example, connecting to US Cellular B5 sometimes calls it Sprint B5 or Shentel B5.  So I might get the yellow accent when the PLMN clearly shows I'm on US Cellular.

Also, two additional questions:  1) Are you using the same blue shade for AT&T and US Cellular?  They certainly look similar to me, and Sprint can currently roam on both.  Despite the corporate color of US Cellular being a shade of blue, I always use green for US Cellular since it's largely in more rural areas and green makes it a lot easier to distinguish from AT&T.  2)  Can you add cyan and magenta as text color options?  Because I now carry a phone for each carrier, and four of them are Moto E5 Play phones, having the colors for the text might be a way to help tell them apart at a glance easier.  But there's no magenta for T-Mobile, and the current blue option which I would use for AT&T is way too dark.  I think the red feels too dark as well, but I'm not sure what to do about that.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, mdob07 said:

Another new beta is rolling out now, hopefully will be available this afternoon.. includes fixes for all of the issues mentioned above! Text colors have been added and others adjusted to maximize visibility. Also, the accent line(s) will now appear by default, and will be displayed on any mobile connection blocks when connected to one of the major US providers (it can still be disabled under Preferences).

Feedback appreciated as always.. hopefully this version proves to be stable enough to be ready for public release.

• Like 4

This morning I upgraded my G8X on Android 10 to the previous beta build and found that it was acting like the log was empty, and also was not logging.  Attempting to import the log database would crash the app.  Going to the "Clear Database" option would give an error about tables already existing.  I ultimately resolved the issue by clearing all app data.

If it happens again on this latest update, I'll try to send diagnostics.  Not sure if you'll get anything useful from them.  But something that would be really helpful in this context is something I found recently in an app called Tower Collector, which I installed to replace Mozilla Stumbler.  It has the ability to export and import the app's preferences to/from XML.  Great for ensuring different phones are set the same way or allowing for preferences to quickly be restored if all the app data is cleared.

Just a thought for a future release.

- Trip

• Like 2

Just got the upgrade and it broke my logs again.  Sent diagnostics.  I haven't cleared the data yet in case there's anything you'd like me to do.

I don't even know what to suggest.. I didn't touch any logging code. I changed some colors and a few display adjustments. This is maddening!

Your report shows an error trying to create one of the database tables, which I believe is similar to what you were seeing before. I'll dive into it later on and see if there's anything new showing. Really wish I could figure out what the issue is here.. and why it's so inconsistent..
  • Like 1