SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

21 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Hmm, that's strange.. it works fine on my LG G2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4. If anyone experiencing this not working could set a padding value, back out of the Preferences, and send me a diagnostic report with a note about the padding when you have a chance. Maybe there's an error being quietly thrown I can look at. Not sure if there will be anything there, but I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks!

Want some more interesting news?

So I activated my Google Fi eSIM to check out Sprint and USCC service upgrades in my area.  On my Pixel 4 XL, when connected to Sprint the padding works.  As soon as it switches to USCC or T-Mobile the padding is gone.

My main SIM is AT&T and it also does not have the padding.

Correction:  It works when on USCC too.  Not AT&T or T-Mobile though.

On my Pixel 4 XL, when connected to Sprint the padding works.  As soon as it switches to USCC or T-Mobile the padding is gone. My main SIM is AT&T and it also does not have the padding.

Correction:  It works when on USCC too.  Not AT&T or T-Mobile though.

What the!? Haha.. that's interesting and should help me narrow down what's going on. I did see your reports, but there were no errors.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, mikejeep said:

What the!? Haha.. that's interesting and should help me narrow down what's going on. I did see your reports, but there were no errors.

Works on Verizon too. Looks like your padding code doesn't like GSM carriers. Ha. 😆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uecker87 said:

Works on Verizon too. Looks like your padding code doesn't like GSM carriers. Ha. 😆

Same for me. On my AT&T S9+ it does nothing, but on my Sprint S9+ it works fine.

1 hour ago, nowerlater said:

I think it looks finebf873459c69f0cfc9839dab56c681060.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

What was padding your set as?

I believe I found the issue with the padding not working for some users -- it is related to GSM-based connections, that's why it worked for some users but not others. Thanks for the reports, would not have figured it out without help! The fix is in testing and should be rolled out in the next update.

-Mike

• Like 7

Hey Mike, I noticed recently that SCP is showing positive SNR even if Service Mode and engineering screen is showing negative SNR. I sent a couple of diagnostic reports yesterday. I've also noticed when I'm near my MB at my office and SNR is reported as 30 dBm in service mode SCP does not show SNR. Once it drops to 29.9 and lower it will show it. Not sure if that is by design or not. 

erzxMNRl.png

03LY3sVl.png

d05HE8ql.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:46 AM, mdob07 said:

Hey Mike, I noticed recently that SCP is showing positive SNR even if Service Mode and engineering screen is showing negative SNR. I sent a couple of diagnostic reports yesterday. I've also noticed when I'm near my MB at my office and SNR is reported as 30 dBm in service mode SCP does not show SNR. Once it drops to 29.9 and lower it will show it. Not sure if that is by design or not.

Thanks! The missing negative sign was a bug that nobody had ever mentioned (probably never noticed); that was an easy fix and will be part of the next update. SNR "30" is hidden by design because that is what many devices report when SNR is invalid/missing; it's the maximum value possible. (For safety sake, I have "-20" hidden as well.) My P3 and P4 always report 30 whenever connected to Sprint, regardless of the signal quality.

-Mike

A new SignalCheck Pro beta update is rolling out right now, should be available shortly! This will hopefully be the final update before a public release; the only changes users should notice since the last beta are the fixes for screen padding and negative LTE SNR values. Those of you who experienced these issues, please let me know if they are resolved after you update.

Once I get this release rolled out publicly, I will (eventually) be pushing out major changes to add Multi-SIM support.

Thanks,
-Mike

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, mdob07 said:

I found some B2,B4/B66 small cells around Baltimore, the B2 is identified but the B4/B66 is not. f5e9b4df2a6ea3b6e6131e89761ac5e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looking at CellMapper GCI ending 31 is the 3rd B4/B66 small cell sector. Looking around New York their small cells also have a 2nd B2 carrier thats B2, B3, and B4.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, mdob07 said:

I found some B2,B4/B66 small cells around Baltimore, the B2 is identified but the B4/B66 is not. f5e9b4df2a6ea3b6e6131e89761ac5e5.jpg

I already have "73" as a Band 4 small cell; I do need to do something so those carry over to B66 I guess. Are you certain that "4D" is a small cell? I have no entries in the database for that suffix right now.

21 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Looking at CellMapper GCI ending 31 is the 3rd B4/B66 small cell sector. Looking around New York their small cells also have a 2nd B2 carrier thats B2, B3, and B4.

So you can confirm that "31" should also be a B4/B66 SC? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

I already have "B3" thru "B6" assigned as a Band 2 second carrier on macro sites -- are you sure they were small cells?

New SignalCheck beta is rolling out now.. bugfix city! Slowly making progress with Dual-SIM support, but nothing to share yet. The new update should appear on Google Play within the hour. Thank you for all your support!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

I already have "73" as a Band 4 small cell; I do need to do something so those carry over to B66 I guess. Are you certain that "4D" is a small cell? I have no entries in the database for that suffix right now.

So you can confirm that "31" should also be a B4/B66 SC? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

I already have "B3" thru "B6" assigned as a Band 2 second carrier on macro sites -- are you sure they were small cells?

Yeah, 31 corresponds with 23 sector, 4D corresponds with the 3F sector, and 73 corresponds with the 63 sector. 

mFA0DF4.png

For the B2 second carrier part, I've only seen that while looking through New York. Around here and everywhere I've seen it is a Macro ID. I've noticed with AT&T that 2nd carriers and any of the newer spectrum seems to use different GCI patterns in each market. 

• Thanks 1

I also found some new iDAS sectors at Rupp Arena. DAS typically has 3 sectors, but I only hit one each for the B30 and secordary B4/B66.

lDNukoW.png

Looking at various stadiums and arenas around CellMapper I've found B30 DAS using A3-A8. If I go back to Rupp Arena any time soon I'll lock my phone to B30 and see what I find.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, my AT&T S9+ finally upgraded to Android 10. I'm seeing the CA values populate now, but I've not yet ever seen "BW: x MHz" Both are turned on in my display settings. If it knows the channel size for the CA list should the BW be populating also? I can send a diagnostic report if you want. 

The first screenshot is an example of what I'm not seeing (from user kg4icg on the Signal Check thread):

mf2eIdum.png

This is what I'm seeing:

rQorgiem.jpg?1

Also, I like how Android 10 shows more info on the swipe down than 9 did. Other than the known Android CA accuracy issue everything seems to be working fine. 

bbN82S1l.png

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, mikejeep said:

Thank you @mdob07, I will get those additions in the next update!

Found another one, sector ending 6B on AT&T is B12 small cell. I also hit sector ending 2A on the small cells in Nashville but that is already identified. There should be a third B12 sector but I haven't found it yet.

pvD3dAO.png

• Thanks 1

Mike, my AT&T S9+ finally upgraded to Android 10. I'm seeing the CA values populate now, but I've not yet ever seen "BW: x MHz" Both are turned on in my display settings. If it knows the channel size for the CA list should the BW be populating also? I can send a diagnostic report if you want. 
The first screenshot is an example of what I'm not seeing (from user kg4icg on the Signal Check thread):
mf2eIdum.png
This is what I'm seeing:
rQorgiem.jpg?1
Also, I like how Android 10 shows more info on the swipe down than 9 did. Other than the known Android CA accuracy issue everything seems to be working fine. 
bbN82S1l.png
I'm still on Android 9 and I have the same issue since last update I believe. Miss the info

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, mdob07 said:

mf2eIdum.png

This is what I'm seeing:

rQorgiem.jpg?1

bbN82S1l.png

I just realized SNR is missing also. I've looked through multiple screenshots I've taken and haven't seen it at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I just realized SNR is missing also. I've looked through multiple screenshots I've taken and haven't seen it at all.

Yep, I have basic UNLOCKED s9 on Sprint.  Upgraded to Android 10.  No SNR and no BW. Aggregation is showing but not always correct.

• Like 2