Can someone recommend a good series to watch on Netflix?

leozno1

Just recently decided to get a Netflix account and watch a few series' to see what all the fuss is about with all these popular shows everyone is talking about and watch some good stuff.

I just binge watched the first season of Narcos this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it is. Next one I was planning on watching was either The Blacklist, Dexter or House of Cards.

What other recommended shows are out there or if anyone has seen the shows I listed that would suggest I not waste my time, please let me know.

Also Mods, if this Topic already exists I apologize in advance for making another. I didn't see an existing one.

• Like 2

House of cards is a great show. I also liked Narcos, can't wait until season 2 but I'm interested to see where it goes.

This isn't a Netflix only show, but I started watching American Horror Stories which is on FX I tthink? This show really is different than your average horror show, especially from season to season.

BoJack Horseman is probably my absolute favourite Netflix-created series.

House of Cards, Arrested Development, Master of None are also great.

I get the impression most people don't like sense8, but I really enjoyed that one too. It's slow to start, but starts to click after the third episode.

• Like 1

Are you specifically asking about Netflix-created series, or any series that Netflix carries? 

Any series that's available on Netflix please. 

Thanks for the great suggestions guys, quite a few shows that I have heard good things about, as well as shows I've never heard of before. I'll add them to the list. 

I'm glad House of Cards is getting a lot of mentions, several places say that the 2nd and 3rd seasons kinda slow down a bit so I was getting a bit discouraged to watch them but now I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Also surprised yet somehow glad nobody mentioned the "ultra popular shows that everyone talks about like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or Breaking Bad.

As a lot of others said, I would recommend House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Master of None...

Another series (that just got the axe by Sci-Fi), that my wife and I both enjoyed was Helix.  Season one was better than season two though, which is probably why it got cancelled. 

I would also recommend binge watching House, It's Always Sunny, Zoo, United States of Tara, and The Tudors.  (yeah a weird assortment of shows.  My wife picks stuff at random at times and we end up getting into them, ha)

We ended up ditching cable about a year ago so it has been only Netflix and Hulu for us. 

Oh and the wife loved Blacklist.  I had a hard time getting into it (she kept getting way ahead of me :td:  :lol: )

• Like 1

As a lot of others said, I would recommend House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Master of None...

Another series (that just got the axe by Sci-Fi), that my wife and I both enjoyed was Helix.  Season one was better than season two though, which is probably why it got cancelled. 

I would also recommend binge watching House, It's Always Sunny, Zoo, United States of Tara, and The Tudors.  (yeah a weird assortment of shows.  My wife picks stuff at random at times and we end up getting into them, ha)

We ended up ditching cable about a year ago so it has been only Netflix and Hulu for us. 

Oh and the wife loved Blacklist.  I had a hard time getting into it (she kept getting way ahead of me :td:  :lol: )

I like Blacklist but I thought it was on Fox.

They may not be on Netflix.  But instead I can recommend these series...

"Read a Book"

"Go Outside"

"Browse S4GRU"

"Talk to Someone"

"Play a Game"

"Prepare Some Food"

AJ

• Like 1