Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

NYC, Dallas, and Atlanta are not in CA.

;)

AJ

Those are cities where Samsung is not the vendor, so I'm assuming only Samsung has started deploying/testing carrier aggregation?  Just thinking out loud.

Looks like the Hesse ads are coming back only in español and with Marcelo. I wonder if they'll be in black and white? 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-speaks-131000702.html

Which is great, directly targeting an audience that has otherwise been left alone by the other carriers. 

• Like 2

Those are cities where Samsung is not the vendor, so I'm assuming only Samsung has started deploying/testing carrier aggregation?  Just thinking out loud.

I think you're missing the joke. CA is referring to California, not Carrier Aggregation.

Looks like the Hesse ads are coming back only in español and with Marcelo. I wonder if they'll be in black and white?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-speaks-131000702.html

Sprint’s new campaign will debut tonight during the Latin Grammy Awards on local Univision affiliates and will then hit the airways on all major Hispanic TV networks as of Friday, November 21.

Perfect timing. The Latin Grammy's are HUGE.

We can't get anything past you, AJ ;)!

Just for you MA guys, I am wihked smaht.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Well then there is this....

@BGR: Consumer Reports: Sprint is still America's worst carrier and it's not even close http://t.co/WcRgQc6mf3 by @bwreedbgr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullshit. 63k people who subscribe to consumer reports got this survey. And the remaining hundreds of millions of people are???? Where is there input?

What a wasteful survey done by consumer reports. And leave it to Brad Reed to throw it up on BGR like its the most important announcement in the universe.

Eh.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 2

Bullshit. 63k people who subscribe to consumer reports got this survey. And the remaining hundreds of millions of people are???? Where is there input?

What a wasteful survey done by consumer reports. And leave it to Brad Reed to throw it up on BGR like its the most important announcement in the universe.

Eh.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Sprint is awful without a triband phone.

Well then there is this....

@BGR: Consumer Reports: Sprint is still America's worst carrier and it's not even close http://t.co/WcRgQc6mf3 by @bwreedbgr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they think that providing survey results will somehow make sprint disappear. They act like they would gain something from this. Also how long did it take to get 63k surveys out, how many were just troll survey result, we all know not everyone who takes a survey is truthful. Also surveys have the weakness of being able to be skewed. What if those 63k were only from one carrier, or from a single geographic area.
  • Like 1

Stats 101....63k is a hell of a sample size.

Leave it to jamesinclair to be a Debbie Downer.  Imagine that.

Accentuate the negative.  Eliminate the positive.

Sometimes, I think this guy wishes that Sprint and S4GRU would just go away.

AJ

• Like 1

I think we are at a point where everyone well mostly everyone is more worried about the next carrier way too much. People have moved away from enjoying their respective carrier and the services it provides. It's like no one is really satisfied and when they see reports they read them for validation. Just like the obsession of carrier ranks. If your carrier is supplying your needs what difference does it make if they are #1 or #4. But it's all about unsure people and looking for things that will validate their choice.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stats 101....63k is a hell of a sample size.

and I could survey 10000 people wearing cowboys jerseys who their favorige NFL team was...the number means nothing, until you know how the 63k were represented. Ti be even a fair survey theyd have to take into markets, subdivide into sex, mae an equal percentage ratio of each market racial make up, income make uo, and a whole list of others. Surveys are not very general in this fact, no matter if its 63k surveyed.

and I could survey 10000 people wearing cowboys jerseys who their favorige NFL team was...the number means nothing, until you know how the 63k were represented. Ti be even a fair survey theyd have to take into markets, subdivide into sex, mae an equal percentage ratio of each market racial make up, income make uo, and a whole list of others. Surveys are not very general in this fact, no matter if its 63k surveyed.

And how many of that 63k are current or former Sprint customers and how many are relying on what they heard at the water cooler four years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And how many of that 63k are current or former Sprint customers and how many are relying on what they heard at the water cooler four years ago.

Exactly. Now a double blind study would be one of the only true ways to test it. But its pointless. What works for one may not work for another. Same for areas, what works in one doesnt work in another.

The sample size -- representative or not -- is statistically significant.  But do we want to hear negative impressions from the madding crowd?  No, we do not.  And therein lies the rub.  Certain factions seem to like highlighting Sprint's difficulties.  And those negators bring into question why S4GRU does what it does for no profit.

AJ

The sample size -- representative or not -- is statistically significant. But do we want to hear negative impressions from the madding crowd? No, we do not. And therein lies the rub. Certain factions seem to like highlighting Sprint's difficulties. And those negators bring into question why S4GRU does what it does for no profit.

AJ

The sample size is certainly significant. And the conclusion that Sprint has a huge customer satisfaction problem is accurate. But to me, what's significant is Sprint upper management is well aware of this and is addressing it. It will not be corrected in a month with a new CEO. It will take years. Changing public perception takes time. Fortunately for current customers, the fruits of Sprint's corrective actions will be felt much sooner.

• Like 1

Sprint has issues for sure, but there are positives that show that they're putting in the work to try and make things better.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/rootmetrics-sprint-makes-dramatic-jump-lte-coverage-q3-t-mobile-not-far-beh?confirmation=123

RootMetrics' data showed significant improvement in Sprint's LTE network coverage from the first half to the third quarter across all regions. Most dramatically, in the Rocky Mountain region Sprint's LTE network showed up in just 45.65 percent of tests in the first half, but that figure nearly doubled to 90.68 percent in the third quarter.

<break>

On average, across ell eight regions, in the third quarter Sprint's LTE network made up 81.57 percent of tests and its 3G network made up 17.82 percent of all tests, according to RootMetrics. That's comapres to averages of 58.65 percent of Sprint tests on LTE in the first half and 38.57 percent on 3G in the firsthalf.

• Like 13

Sprint has issues for sure, but there are positives that show that they're putting in the work to try and make things better.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/rootmetrics-sprint-makes-dramatic-jump-lte-coverage-q3-t-mobile-not-far-beh?confirmation=123

And this is the big teller. Root Metrics deals with present data. The Consumer Reports survey deals with perceived negatives over the lifetime of the survey taker. The survey taker is not limited to an opinion of what the network is like today. If the survey taker had five straight quarters of bad Sprint service, but last month was good and this week was great, they would likely rate Sprint as poor.

Nothing new released in this survey. It will take a long time for Sprint to right this ship. But more momentum has been gained the last two months than the last two years. So Consumer Reports is quite famous from drawing bad conclusions based on bad sample taking. You have to ask the right questions and perform the right tests to get the right definitive result. After their Isuzu Trooper debacle years ago, I don't hold much respect for CR.

• Like 13