Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That Framily plans are no longer for new customers (on existing framily's)?

This totally sucks. Sprint finally gets LTE, I'm finally able to convince my mother-in-law to switch and they pull this. I might as well tell her to go to T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

This totally sucks. Sprint finally gets LTE, I'm finally able to convince my mother-in-law to switch and they pull this. I might as well tell her to go to T-Mobile.

The way around this is add her onto your account with an old phone. Then transfer of liability her to her own account. This will take your framily code to her account. Once shes on her own account she then can buy a phone. This all will add maybe 10 minutes to the transaction and i know id do it for a new activation.
  • Like 7

In other news it appears a new account can not join to a Framily anymore, a friend of mine has been trying to port out of T-Mobile all day and failed (until a rep tricked us into adding her ONTO my account, which we have decided will be okay in the end).... This really sucks for existing framily's as their bills will slowly get higher as people fall of the framily.  What a marketing disaster that was.

I'm REALLY bummed by this... Was going to add my grandparents for new lines and possibly an additional iPhone to my account as a new line and I would be able to get it to at least $35... Like Rocket said, we might just need to be creative about it. 

But for now, I guess I'll be stuck at $50.  :td:

They really want people off Framily, don't they?

I'm REALLY bummed by this... Was going to add my grandparents for new lines and possibly an additional iPhone to my account as a new line and I would be able to get it to at least $35... Like Rocket said, we might just need to be creative about it. 

But for now, I guess I'll be stuck at $50.  :td:

They really want people off Framily, don't they?

you can still add Framily lines to an existing Framily account... you just can't create a new account and be added to a framily...

you can still add Framily lines to an existing Framily account... you just can't create a new account and be added to a framily...

A new account as a new customer with a new line? My grandparents would be two new lines as well as new customers.

There is no problem adding a new line onto a framily on the same account. The problem is when you create a new account you cant search/ join a framily. On the same account it will auto populate the framily ID in the soc codes for the new line.

Just do like i said add the line with an old phone, transfer, then easy pay/lease a phone.

• Like 4

There is no problem adding a new line onto a framily on the same account. The problem is when you create a new account you cant search/ join a framily. On the same account it will auto populate the framily ID in the soc codes for the new line.

Just do like i said add the line with an old phone, transfer, then easy pay/lease a phone.

Looks like you just made my day. Now to find some cheap phones.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If she doesn't use more than 100 minutes it is hard to beat the $35 online only plan. 5GB data, unlimited text.. And you can use TM prepaid phones.

What my mother is on!

If she doesn't use more than 100 minutes it is hard to beat the $35 online only plan. 5GB data, unlimited text.. And you can use TM prepaid phones.

What my mother is on!

...yeah, but if she doesn't use more than 1GB of data, it is hard to beat the $25 framily plan -- and that comes with unlimited talk/text -- and you can use Sprint phones which sell for 10 to 30% less than VZW or GSM phones...

...and if she does need more data, $35/mo for 3gb plus unlimited talk/text is still the same price... if she uses more than THAT then the $45 for unlimited is probably better anyways...I really liked the Framily pricing scale -- it is a shame they abandoned it completely (rather than remarket it)...

• Like 3

Does anyone know what he means when he says he is going to concentrate on wifi? Is he talking about wifi calls?

id assume calls.

But I feel with their very week reception while inside buildings - sprint should negotiate with major malls and retailers to have wifi. Much like what AT&T has done for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprint should negotiate with major malls and retailers to have wifi. Much like what AT&T has done for years.

They could just lease the DAS setups already there that are already installed and in use. They're pretty cheap (comparatively) and require no negotiations -- http://www.americantower.com/corporateus/solutions/das/in-building-das/index.htm

• Like 2

FYI: Just confirmed today (Experience) Not sure if anyone knows. But they are waiving Tablet/Hotspot access fees now as well through 2015. I just added a Tab S 10.5 and re-activated my old Tab 3 for my wife after moving to the 20GB Shared plan. Only paying $15 Access fee for my phone. Applies to plans of 20GB or higher.

EDIT: They said this was a NEW Promotion, people I talked to didn't know about it, when looking it up, it's legit. So maybe a new announcement coming? 

FYI: Just confirmed today (Experience) Not sure if anyone knows. But they are waiving Tablet/Hotspot access fees now as well through 2015. I just added a Tab S 10.5 and re-activated my old Tab 3 for my wife after moving to the 20GB Shared plan. Only paying $15 Access fee for my phone. Applies to plans of 20GB or higher.

EDIT: They said this was a NEW Promotion, people I talked to didn't know about it, when looking it up, it's legit. So maybe a new announcement coming?

This has been happening since the day family share launched.
  • Like 2

I actually couldn't decide where to put this next post but figure since it involves the Family Share Plan this is the best place.

So, I decided to upgrade my Mega to the Note Edge. do an EIN swap of the LG2 to the Note 4 and add the Nexus 6.

Online it seems fine upgrading the Mega to the Note 4, but when I try to add the Nexus 6 as a new line, I get a message stating that there is one or more services on the current plan that is outdated and thus the device cannot be added. That I have to get the new device on its own plan. Really? I just upgraded to the Family Share Pack plan last month. That I know of, I'm allowed up to 4 more devices on my plan and I can't see any service that can possibly be on my account that could be considered outdated.

So I can only call the order in. (as much as i hate talking on the phone) aarrgghh

TS

It's truly sad that people like that are so crazy about tmo when 2 whatever years ago they were the same people dogging out the carrier now it's the best thing since sliced bread and their obsession with being #3. Let's see how much they stand behind tmo when their prices start to go up. They aren't buying all that 700 for giggles and keeping the same prices. That's just not going to happen. People will get mad and say how they tricked them and blah blah. Well duh that was the plan.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph
  • Like 5

Haha Well I am having some fun with him :) and claims I am the troll,  classic projection of self onto others.

• Like 5

Haha Well I am having some fun with him :) and claims I am the troll,  classic projection of self onto others.

Yep, the liar always thinks he's being lied to and the thief always thinks he is being stolen from.

• Like 8

Yep, the liar always thinks he's being lied to and the thief always thinks he is being stolen from.

Hmm he has gone crazy, thinking I have two accounts. Hmm this tactic maybe working bwhaha. Even though I do not have two accounts it does seem that way to the inexperienced. 

Okay so we've been called shills, fanboys, militants, cultists, astroturfers, sprint employees, sprint reps, unicorn lovers, nazi censors, liars, kool aid drinkers, circlejerkers, drug abusers who need to share what they're (smoking / snorting / etc), and... what else did i miss?

--Back on topic

Good to know Marcelo is continuing to shake up things up high. Hopefully one of these days one of the newbies can come up with a big hit with the public and slowly turn Sprints reputation around like how Legere did it for t-mobile.

• Like 10

Okay so we've been called shills, fanboys, militants, cultists, astroturfers, sprint employees, sprint reps, unicorn lovers, nazi censors, liars, kool aid drinkers, circlejerkers, drug abusers who need to share what they're (smoking / snorting / etc), and... what else did i miss?

Name-calling is the norm on the Internet. Once I was called both a libtard and a right-wing nut-job, in the same conversation, by the same person. I just replied, "Thanks Mom."

• Like 6