Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-agrees-disclose-more-info-about-actual-speeds-when-customers-are-t/2014-11-24

For sprint to be not relevant and a piece of crap pretty much. The name surely stays on people's mouths even in a article that has nothing to do with Sprint. I guess since this ship is being turned around and sprint poses a real threat unlike T-Mobile I guess people gotta remind others why sprint sucks. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-agrees-disclose-more-info-about-actual-speeds-when-customers-are-t/2014-11-24

For sprint to be not relevant and a piece of crap pretty much. The name surely stays on people's mouths even in a article that has nothing to do with Sprint. I guess since this ship is being turned around and sprint poses a real threat unlike T-Mobile I guess people gotta remind others why sprint sucks. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Whatever justifies their Edge Throttled speeds, I guess.

• Like 2

You mean this: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-02/sprint-targets-at-t-verizon-with-half-price-promotion.html?cmpid=yhoo

It's called "Cut your bill in half."

Sprint Corp. (S) is taking the price skirmish directly to Verizon Communications Inc. and AT&T Inc. (T) with a promise to cut customer bills in half for those that switch from its larger rivals.

Verizon and AT&T customers who provide a copy of their bill at Sprint stores starting Dec. 5 will be offered a gift card for as much as $350 to cover phone costs and early termination penalties if they leave their carrier. They will then be matched with a similar service plan from Sprint for half the price.

The “cut your bill in half” event is the latest move by new Sprint Chief Executive Officer Marcelo Claure to end more than seven years of customer losses at the struggling No. 3 U.S. carrier. Since he was hired in September, the CEO has announced a management shuffle and the elimination of 2,000 more jobs as he targets the lowest cost of service among the top four wireless operators.

• Like 8

More press about Sprint ranking last in customer satisfaction: http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Consumer-Reports-Ranks-Sprint-Worst-in-Customer-Satisfaction-131614

While Sprint has made significant gains in data services in the Baltimore area...I was shocked to find that I had better LTE service in Lancaster, PA than I do in Baltimore, MD. So based on my experience, I would have rated them poorly if I was surveyed. Things are definitely on the upward path though!

How long will they have their bill halved?  2 years? 1 year?

Here's sprint's official press release: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-offer-cut-wireless-bill-150400419.html

It looks like you get to keep your half-price rate for as long as you keep that same plan. 

The half-off rate from Sprint will be based on the monthly voice, text and data rate plan charge for all lines on the customer’s Verizon or AT&T bill. For example, Verizon customers paying $140/month for four lines of service to share can get four lines of service from Sprint for $70/month. Customers are entitled to the half-off rate as long as they remain on the plan.

• Like 1

Here's sprint's official press release: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-offer-cut-wireless-bill-150400419.html

It looks like you get to keep your half-price rate for as long as you keep that same plan. 

Yeah, it is a great deal. You have to turn in your current phone for no credit, which really shouldn't be a problem for most people. Just throw an old Blackberry Pearl on the line or some other $10 smart phone :-D

Too bad you don't have the option to keep your current phone (nexus 5) if it works on the sprint network.

I think they do not want to open it up to existing devices because they want to make sure everyone jumping in is getting a brand new Triband device.  To ensure the best possible network experience.

I suppose they could try to make it open to existing Triband phones, but then that gets wonky.  Since the purpose of this it to get brand new customers from the Duopoly and not likely to have new Triband devices, this is probably the best route to take.  Trying to tell customers can bring devices, but only if they're Triband, will get confusing and messy.

• Like 2

I think they do not want to open it up to existing devices because they want to make sure everyone jumping in is getting a brand new Triband device.  To ensure the best possible network experience.

I suppose they could try to make it open to existing Triband phones, but then that gets wonky.  Since the purpose of this it to get brand new customers from the Duopoly and not likely to have new Triband devices, this is probably the best route to take.  Trying to tell customers can bring devices, but only if their Triband, will get confusing and messy.

This is how I viewed the $5 lease for life promo that just went on. It worked for my family.  3 new S5's and a new iphone 6 on our plans.....all tri-band replacing mono-banders.

• Like 1

I just don't know how to put this half price plan stuff on a spreadsheet for people shopping plans tbh. I guess I can put a notice on the page to check the half price website linked above? 

Yeah, this will be wonky.  Since there are nearly infinite number of plan options out there.  Especially considering legacy.  It would not be clear cut and dry.  It would be variable to each individual customer.

I suppose they could try to make it open to existing Triband phones, but then that gets wonky.  Since the purpose of this it to get brand new customers from the Duopoly and not likely to have new Triband devices, this is probably the best route to take.  Trying to tell customers can bring devices, but only if they're Triband, will get confusing and messy.

Plus forcing you to buy a new phone helps offset the ARPU loss due to the reduction in service plan price. 

• Like 1

I would switch ASAP from Verizon if they had the US Cell LTE roaming agreement in place...

This would help in many markets.

• Like 1