Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint Open World Includes Unlimited Talk and Text in Brazil for the Rio Games and, For a Limited Time, Free Unlimited High-Speed Data

Anyone here heading off to Rio?

T-Mobile announced it was doing this back on July 21st, so it's nice to see Sprint respond competitively on this.

• Like 3

That's very good indeed. However, they should have been first instead of being reactive. Open World already included unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of high speed data in Brazil. Would it have been that difficult to make it unlimited for August and announce it back in May or June? That might have netted them some switchers. Making an announcement on August 1st is late; people who are going are probably already on their way and switching cell phone companies right before an international trip is likely the last thing on their mind.

• Like 6

That's very good indeed. However, they should have been first instead of being reactive. Open World already included unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of high speed data in Brazil. Would it have been that difficult to make it unlimited for one month and announce it back in May or June? That might have netted them some switchers. Making an announcement on August 1st is late; people who are going are probably already on their way and switching cell phone companies right before an international trip is likely the last thing on their mind.

I feel like not many people are going to switch carriers for 16 days of service in another country. My guess is there majority of these folks will just pick up a prepaid SIM while there.

Would I have preferred for them to be first? Yes. But ultimately the amount of lost or gained customers seems like it'd be negligible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I feel like not many people are going to switch carriers for 16 days of service in another country. My guess is there majority of these folks will just pick up a prepaid SIM while there.

Would I have preferred for them to be first? Yes. But ultimately the amount of lost or gained customers seems like it'd be negligible.

According to the Fine Print: "Unlimited data is in Brazil for a limited time: Aug. 1-31."

I know. I only used 16 days because that's how long the Olympic games are supposed to go one for.

True... but it matches T-Mobile's promotion which is scheduled for the same period: 8/1 to 8/31

True... but it matches T-Mobile's promotion which is scheduled for the same period: 8/1 to 8/31

I understand that but my comment wasn't in reference to the length of the promotion, just that most people spending 16 days in Brazil for the Olympic games would likely pick up a SIM from anyone of their 4 national carriers and could pay anywhere from $10-20USD for native service instead of throttled service with high pings.

I'm not really a big fan of Sprint's 50% off deal. I've read alot of complaints from people online about being quoted and billed the wrong rates, etc.

What I think Sprint ought to do is to satisfy people with loyalty plans at a $30 monthly per line deal, taking after a new plan for other customers at $45 monthly per line where each line gets 15gb high-speed data and capped unlimited data speeds at 1.5mbps, or for $15 additional monthly per line for capped unlimited data speeds at 3mbps, giving it a cheaper alternative to Cricket, which Sprint can't really afford to be more expensive than at this point with network issues still in many places.

So, with this plan at the highest rate of $60 per line for 15gb of high-speed data and unlimited capped speed at 3mbps, is a good alternative to traditional unlimited, which Sprint would be giving a great deal by this plan simplified for everyone. Again, loyalty customers would get a $15 monthly discount per line.

That is my idea for Sprint to get a simplified plan for all customers. Sprint really needs to do something thiugh, as I'd imagine the accounting hassle with all the different rate plans may be having a negative effect on the C.S. scores.

Yea I do understand. I think for now we shouldn't worry about it until more details are released on the newer plans and what plans stay and which ones get the boot. I know for me I stay with Sprint because of my unlimited my way plan. If that gets the boot and the newer plans aren't to my linking I may end up leaving. But we all shall see when September gets closer. Sprint will have to play this move very smart to avoid a large enough exodus of users due to being forced off their legacy plan for a newer one that will probably cost more.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

I completely agree!

Personally I am happy with the Signal and service where I live and work, however, if I get pushed off of my ED1500 plan to a Tiered Plan, then I would strongly consider switching carriers.

While I am not really a heavy user of data, I have no interest in having to consistently monitor my Data Usage...especially since I am required, by my job, to get corporate work emails to my phone.

• Like 3

I completely agree!

Personally I am happy with the Signal and service where I live and work, however, if I get pushed off of my ED1500 plan to a Tiered Plan, then I would strongly consider switching carriers.

While I am not really a heavy user of data, I have no interest in having to consistently monitor my Data Usage...especially since I am required, by my job, to get corporate work emails to my phone.

I don't either worse case I would either go to T-Mobile or even Verizon since they have this safety feature that slows your data speeds after you hit your cap. But I hope our plans atleast stay and not for x amount of time either.

• Like 1

I'm not really a big fan of Sprint's 50% off deal. I've read alot of complaints from people online about being quoted and billed the wrong rates, etc.

What I think Sprint ought to do is to satisfy people with loyalty plans at a $30 monthly per line deal, taking after a new plan for other customers at $45 monthly per line where each line gets 15gb high-speed data and capped unlimited data speeds at 1.5mbps, or for $15 additional monthly per line for capped unlimited data speeds at 3mbps, giving it a cheaper alternative to Cricket, which Sprint can't really afford to be more expensive than at this point with network issues still in many places.

So, with this plan at the highest rate of $60 per line for 15gb of high-speed data and unlimited capped speed at 3mbps, is a good alternative to traditional unlimited, which Sprint would be giving a great deal by this plan simplified for everyone. Again, loyalty customers would get a $15 monthly discount per line.

That is my idea for Sprint to get a simplified plan for all customers. Sprint really needs to do something thiugh, as I'd imagine the accounting hassle with all the different rate plans may be having a negative effect on the C.S. scores.

You understand that customers will be confused by 3Mbps thinking its 3MB/s right? This is simplified for people like us, but complex for everyone else. Furthermore, Sprint can't turn a decent profit at $45 for 15GB of data. T-Mobile doesn't even give 3GB for a price that low.

• Like 1

I don't either worse case I would either go to T-Mobile or even Verizon since they have this safety feature that slows your data speeds after you hit your cap. But I hope our plans atleast stay and not for x amount of time either.

You are aware that Sprint's tiered plans all have unlimited 2G after you use your high speed allotment. 

• Like 3

Today is a day where T-trolls suffered a defeat.

Fiercewireless redesigned their site, and it's not longer accepting comments.

http://www.fiercewireless.com

AWESOME! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

FINALLY!!!

Great! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
  • Like 2

I dont get it, you guys are happy they removed comments? people need a place to vent and sprint bashing is not allowed on here, now they are just going to be even worse on the sprint reddit page.

Reddit has moderators. The big problem with fierce was people could say basically anything without fear of reprimand. Which unfortunately included a lot of personal attacks and trolling.
  • Like 11

I dont get it, you guys are happy they removed comments? people need a place to vent and sprint bashing is not allowed on here, now they are just going to be even worse on the sprint reddit page.

Even if you agree with that, fierce wireless, essentially a professional trade publication was hardly the appropriate outlet for their "venting."

• Like 12

The comments were beyond useless. Just a bunch of guest accounts with throwaway emails spamming insults back and forth.

I'm glad they're gone.

• Like 4

I usually try to steer clear of this Sprint vs T-Mobile fanboys war, but...

You folks are too obsessed with what people think about Sprint. Y'all need to realize (and T-Mobile fans as well) that we are customers and not cheerleaders. Who cares what people think or say about a service or product you use. In fact, the more people criticize Sprint, the better it is for Sprint users. Sprint needs skepticism in order to keep pushing them to fix their image and network (and so does T-Mobile now that their LTE network is slower than their 3G in many places).

If y'all are seriously celebrating the closure of the comments section just because the people there said mean things about Sprint, then you've had it too easy in life. Whether those comment sections contained truthful or inaccurate information, it is not your obligation to defend Sprint. That's Sprint's PR team's job. This constant referencing to T-Mobile fans and writers who write unfavorable articles about Sprint is annoying and you're playing right into their trap by bringing the fight over here.

/RantOver.

• Like 4