Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yeah to be honest, I agree with the Fierce article. I do want to see Sprint able to do without the 50% off promo. The adds they had this past quarter were really not all that impressive given how much they were discounting. I am very interested in the next quarter to see if they truly have righted the ship. Time will tell. I have been with this company through thick and thin, so I am hopefully things will continue to get better.

• Like 1

Sprint does need to add hundreds (if not thousands) of sites nationwide in New suburban areas. I see that Sprint is lackluster or non existent in many metro areas in neighborhoods that did not exist 10 years ago.

I see it a lot in the Puget Sound. Great coverage in city and new suburban areas. But challenged in New neighborhoods built since 2007/2008.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I used to not think my area had this issue but recently I figured out it did and where. Now I've realized Sprint is missing cell sites in whole areas south of me where the other three have them, and those areas are neighborhoods built since around 06-08 just like you pointed out.

• Like 2

One thing about Sprint is they're not doing a good job giving me a reason to change plans. I'm on Everything Data 1500 with 4 lines all on contract, one now with a lease. And we all upgrade erratically, so right now we all will be on contract until August 2018. Why would I switch to a new plan? My rates are reasonable and I get to do contract pricing still, which my parents find easier to work with. I can't switch to a newer plan without $45 access charges, sweeten the deal for me! Waive the additional $25 per access charge and I'd consider switching to a new plan. Otherwise, with how my family upgrades, I'll be on this plan until either we die or Sprint closes up shop.

• Like 7

Marcelo talked about new plans coming in sept at the townhall this week. Also mentioned us having 2000 different activae rate plans from promos and people on outdated plans and that he planned on converting everyone to less than 10 active rate plans.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They're going to have to pry Framily out of my cold, dead hands.  ;)

-Anthony

• Like 10

They're going to have to pry Framily out of my cold, dead hands.  ;)

Sprint can pry Framily out of your cold, dead hands?  Okay.  Your proposal is acceptable.

AJ

• Like 3

Marcelo talked about new plans coming in sept at the townhall this week. Also mentioned us having 2000 different activae rate plans from promos and people on outdated plans and that he planned on converting everyone to less than 10 active rate plans.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Idk how I feel about this. I'm completely happy with my unlimited my way plan that I am out of contract on. If I am forced off it I may look at other carriers but for the moment I won't worry about it until/if it applies to me. But if this is the new agenda, This is understandable to clean things up but it will make some users mad that they are booted off their plans and will look elsewhere and the other carrier will throw all kinds of promos to grab those users up.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Idk how I feel about this. I'm completely happy with my unlimited my way plan that I am out of contract on. If I am forced off it I may look at other carriers but for the moment I won't worry about it until/if it applies to me. But if this is the new agenda, This is understandable to clean things up but it will make some users mad that they are booted off their plans and will look elsewhere and the other carrier will throw all kinds of promos to grab those users up.

This is exactly why I am waiting before judging Sprint on one good quarter. They have to be really careful because one major screw up and they are toast. I can tell you I would not be willing to pay more based on my recent experience with the network compared to my iPad on T-Mobile and AT&T.

This is exactly why I am waiting before judging Sprint on one good quarter. They have to be really careful because one major screw up and they are toast. I can tell you I would not be willing to pay more based on my recent experience with the network compared to my iPad on T-Mobile and AT&T.

Marcelo had said at the quarter call that there's going to be a price hike around September How much of a hike? Who knows. But if this holds true I can imagine the plans that are capable of signing 2 year contracts will be no more or they just may remove the option all together but you can keep the plan.

Marcelo had said at the quarter call that there's going to be a price hike around September How much of a hike? Who knows. But if this holds true I can imagine the plans that are capable of signing 2 year contracts will be no more or they just may remove the option all together but you can keep the plan.

See that is the problem. Instead of trying to find ways to screw the current loyal customers they need to find ways after the 50% off promo ends to attract new customers and/or convince current customers why its a better idea to switch to the newer plans.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint does need to add hundreds (if not thousands) of sites nationwide in New suburban areas. I see that Sprint is lackluster or non existent in many metro areas in neighborhoods that did not exist 10 years ago.

I see it a lot in the Puget Sound. Great coverage in city and new suburban areas. But challenged in New neighborhoods built since 2007/2008.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Case in point: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6714-charlotte-premier-map/?p=484699

• Like 1

So what will happen if someone is on contract and Sprint wants to jack up the rates?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't think Sprint can touch their rate because they are under contract but will just wait until they are out to raise it. But I think to if sprint tries to raise their rates while under contract the customer can break their contract and walk away without a ETF.

• Like 1

I don't think Sprint can touch their rate because they are under contract but will just wait until they are out to raise it. But I think to if sprint tries to raise their rates while under contract the customer can break their contract and walk away without a ETF.

Well it's important that the contract is only on the equipment and not the plan. I'm on contract but of course I can change plans, so Sprint should be able to add charges to my plan. Of course if they do that I'm gonna fight with them and probably leave because they're not giving me reason to move to a modern plan.

• Like 1

Well it's important that the contract is only on the equipment and not the plan. I'm on contract but of course I can change plans, so Sprint should be able to add charges to my plan. Of course if they do that I'm gonna fight with them and probably leave because they're not giving me reason to move to a modern plan.

Yea I do understand. I think for now we shouldn't worry about it until more details are released on the newer plans and what plans stay and which ones get the boot. I know for me I stay with Sprint because of my unlimited my way plan. If that gets the boot and the newer plans aren't to my linking I may end up leaving. But we all shall see when September gets closer. Sprint will have to play this move very smart to avoid a large enough exodus of users due to being forced off their legacy plan for a newer one that will probably cost more.

• Like 2

But we all shall see when September gets closer. Sprint will have to play this move very smart to avoid a large enough exodus of users due to being forced off their legacy plan for a newer one that will probably cost more.

I'm about to extend the contract on one of my lines tomorrow so I'd like to see Sprint try

• Like 1

See that is the problem. Instead of trying to find ways to screw the current loyal customers they need to find ways after the 50% off promo ends to attract new customers and/or convince current customers why its a better idea to switch to the newer plans.

Yea we stuck through the whole network fiasco when it was utter complete trash. Phones working overtime and getting hot on a regular basis due to signal, calls dropping and barely able to use data.

• Like 2

Interesting article: http://fortune.com/2016/07/29/analyst-sprint-doomed/ but again very pessimistic. I will say though that CAPEX is at an unsustainably low level. Always look at the word choices as well in quotes. I'd like some news on a potential network expansion, etc. I am loving the iPad Pro for how quickly and easily it can change networks without removing a SIM card. I currently have Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile all active with very cheap plans. It is pretty cool to see how the networks compare.

• Like 2

Sprint distant last place in J.D. Power customer care study. http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/07/30/att-has-best-wireless-customer-care-in-the-u-s-study/

It was interesting that Sprint didn't seem to really care that I was porting my entire family out.  Their retention offers were non-existent.  But, for most of my calls, their customer service seemed decent.  Maybe I got lucky.

• Like 1

It was interesting that Sprint didn't seem to really care that I was porting my entire family out. Their retention offers were non-existent. But, for most of my calls, their customer service seemed decent. Maybe I got lucky.

CS to me isn't too bad I just wish they condense the options you can select because it's too many.

• Like 2

It was interesting that Sprint didn't seem to really care that I was porting my entire family out. Their retention offers were non-existent. But, for most of my calls, their customer service seemed decent. Maybe I got lucky.

I think if Sprint sees your unhappy due to network issues they will let you go because there is no telling when the issue will get resolved. Instead of giving out credits every month.
  • Like 4

My experience with Sprint CS has been exemplary. Especially the last situation with them going over and above to satisfy my situation with a bunch of replaced G5 devices going bad. At the end they replaced it with a device of my choice even though it was an unorthodox situation with it being a free device on a BOGO deal.

Very happy with their support.

• Like 3