Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

15 down isn't that bad...?

Sorry that was a typo it was 0.79 down 15 up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yowza, that is upside down T-Mobile.

AJ

• Like 6

Yowza, that is upside down T-Mobile.

AJ

I know and they kept saying nothing was wrong. Gym is life and When I can't stream music...we have a major issue.

• Like 1

Yikes. That's like all of downtown Chicago. It's a horror at rush hour.

People are gonna start catching on if they don't do something soon.

• Like 1

Yikes. That's like all of downtown Chicago. It's a horror at rush hour.

People are gonna start catching on if they don't do something soon.

Exactly I got those speeds outside and once I got into the gym I got this had to tweet about it but it started a mini storm of tmo fans trying to see as to why I was getting what I was. b43696d4fcab1eb5180926793309a655.jpg

I was getting stuff like I was using too much data, wasn't in a b12 area and crap.

Exactly I got those speeds outside and once I got into the gym I got this had to tweet about it but it started a mini storm of tmo fans trying to see as to why I was getting what I was. b43696d4fcab1eb5180926793309a655.jpg

I was getting stuff like I was using too much data, wasn't in a b12 area and crap.

Funny it was all crickets when I tweeted this last month with the exception of T-Force responding. Must be no T-Mo fanboys in the Chicago area.

This was taken out on the street.

9EB2E5D6-623F-4F11-9AE6-0DCA153BABF6_zps

• Like 3

Just Saw this and hadn't seen it posted here...

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/26/sprint-owns-up-to-past-problems-hopes-to-win-back-customers/

This, according to McMahon, includes complementing the carrier’s big towers with about 1,000 “small cells” mounted on light poles and other structures in denser portions of the Twin Cities. Other carriers, like Verizon, have taken similar steps to boost data performance.

Sprint already has installed about 30 small cells in Minneapolis in a test capacity, McMahon said, and the rest of the small cells will be in place by summer

So they might be quiet about where they're installing the small cells but at least we can find a tidbit here and there :)

• Like 9

Just Saw this and hadn't seen it posted here...

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/26/sprint-owns-up-to-past-problems-hopes-to-win-back-customers/

So they might be quiet about where they're installing the small cells but at least we can find a tidbit here and there :)

I like the confidence in the short time table..
  • Like 3

I like the confidence in the short time table..

That timetable is pretty hard to believe. They said they have about 30 up in a test capacity right now but plan on having the rest of the nearly 1,000 small cells up by summer. Is that a misquote or can Sprint really move that fast. If that's the case, we may see these small cells deployed sooner than we thought! I guess it helped that they've been applying for spaces for small cells since last year (at least according to what we know of their NYC small cell deployment).

• Like 2

That timetable is pretty hard to believe. They said they have about 30 up in a test capacity right now but plan on having the rest of the nearly 1,000 small cells up by summer. Is that a misquote or can Sprint really move that fast. If that's the case, we may see these small cells deployed sooner than we thought! I guess it helped that they've been applying for spaces for small cells since last year (at least according to what we know of their NYC small cell deployment).

If they add them to existing infrastructure, I can see 1,000 deployed in a few months. Verizon added about 150 small cells in my town over the course of several months, and that included adding a new light pole for each site, electrical service, and wired backhaul of some kind. If Sprint adds them to spots that have electrical service in place and uses wireless backhaul, they should be able to move quickly. Though maybe by the end of the year might be more realistic.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If they add them to existing infrastructure, I can see 1,000 deployed in a few months. Verizon added about 150 small cells in my town over the course of several months, and that included adding a new light pole for each site, electrical service, and wired backhaul of some kind. If Sprint adds them to spots that have electrical service in place and uses wireless backhaul, they should be able to move quickly. Though maybe by the end of the year might be more realistic.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Which town?

Looks like the writer of that Sprint article from the Twin Cities decided to take it for a test run and was impressed!

http://blogs.twincities.com/yourtechweblog/2016/03/25/sprint-gasp-does-not-sk-anymore/

And with the current Sprint rate plans there is not point to stay with Verizon. Now we can talk what we already knew, this is why Verizon is attacking Sprint now.

• Like 8

Sprint Waiving Long Distance Calls to Pakistan

In the wake of attacks in Pakistan over the weekend, effective March 27 through April 5, 2016 Sprint is waiving international calls and text usage to Pakistan from the U.S., and voice and SMS while internationally roaming in Pakistan. This includes all Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA, and Sprint Prepaid customers.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in Pakistan and for those with friends and families impacted by the attacks,” said Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure. “We believe Sprint customers who need to stay close to loved ones over the next few days should be able to so without worrying about incurring fees.”

• Like 4

I was just informed Sprint is going to make it mandatory for customers to be enrolled in autopay by the end of spring???(April is what was stated)

This is a SoftBank thing? He said Everyone across the board...

Is this news I just missed?

I was just informed Sprint is going to make it mandatory for customers to be enrolled in autopay by the end of spring???(April is what was stated)

What??  That would be strange news indeed.  What kind of source do you have that informed of you this proposed change? I think it will be bad to make it mandatory.

• Like 3

What??  That would be strange news indeed.  What kind of source do you have that informed of you this proposed change? I think it will be bad to make it mandatory.

I can see this happening to prevent them from worrying about grabbing low-credit customers that'll churn without paying off their devices.  But to make even the loyal, high-credit class customers require auto pay is downright stupid.

• Like 1

I see mandatory auto-pay as likely as Sprint auto-cancelling customer accounts who refuse.  ;)

A smarter move is offering incentives such as a $5 credit for enrolling.

• Like 1

This thread topic tells us nothing.  Marcelo thread, folks.  That is the business and policy thread.

AJ

No offense to joshuam who started the Marcelo thread, not trying to criticize his choice of thread naming. However, perhaps the Marcelo thread could be renamed to the "Sprint Business and Policy Thread". It might help for clarity.

No offense to joshuam who started the Marcelo thread, not trying to criticize his choice of thread naming. However, perhaps the Marcelo thread could be renamed to the "Sprint Business and Policy Thread". It might help for clarity.

No, the Marcelo thread will not be renamed.  It has existed for years and has nearly 500,000 views.  Renaming it would disrupt past search engine indexing.

AJ

• Like 4