Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I hate I hate I hate I hate going into sprint stores.

I came into the store to activate a iPhone 6s that is unlocked that I had wth T-Mobile because the rep couldn't do it over phone. So I told the rep that I need to swap phones on my line and somewhere it was lost in translation and they activated the damn phone on another line on my account. The rep asks me do I have that other phone. I looked at that rep and said no that's a other persons line. So they had to call and get the stuff fixed and add the phones to the right numbers. I just don't understand why the reps don't listen. I've never had a good experience when going into their stores. I try by all means to stay away.

Now is it true that a sprint store can not help a person with a Virgin mobile account? A guy walked into the store needing help and the rep had no clue sprint owned virgin mobile and when I said they do she said oh well we only have access to sprint and boost. Crazy thing is this person was training a new hire. I just don't get it with these stores where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Other than AT&T VZW and USCC, who else holds B5? 10x10 low and in ANY market would be awesome for sprint

I don't believe there is any adjacent spectrum available to expand Sprint's current 800 holdings. They would have to acquire new 850 spectrum, which is pretty much all in use, and not likely to be given up.

Other than AT&T VZW and USCC, who else holds B5? 10x10 low and in ANY market would be awesome for sprint

Kamchatka.  That is the market where Sprint can hold 10 MHz FDD of low band spectrum.

AJ

They are now using it for B5 LTE, for what it's worth.

O rly?! I haven't seen any 850 antennas added lately. Are they using the older antennae? I do not have their service but close family does. They haven't mentioned it but I will have them look.

There was a background slide about it on one of the pictures Sievert put up on Twitter about meeting with T-Moble's engineers at the Carolinas. Can't find the Tweet in question, probably because I'm not bothering to look it up for now. 

Talk about flyover country!

Uh, yeah, you can fly over Kamchatka at your own risk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

AJ

There was a background slide about it on one of the pictures Sievert put up on Twitter about meeting...

Maybe frat boy Sievert presented it as a PowerPoint at the weekly chapter meeting.

AJ

There was a background slide about it on one of the pictures Sievert put up on Twitter about meeting with T-Moble's engineers at the Carolinas. Can't find the Tweet in question, probably because I'm not bothering to look it up for now. 

Good to know, that is more info than I had before. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

So Sprint's adding an Amazon Prime add-on feature. For $10.99 per month you can add amazon prime to your phone bill.  

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12168

That's a 33% premium over getting it direct from Amazon. I guess some people won't care. Or they'll just want it for a month here and there. 

I wasn't sure why it was so expensive, but I guess that if the prime membership can be month to month it makes sense. Like if someone wants to buy a refrigerator but doesn't want to pay for shipping. 

• Like 3

I wasn't sure why it was so expensive, but I guess that if the prime membership can be month to month it makes sense. Like if someone wants to buy a refrigerator but doesn't want to pay for shipping.

Prime has a hidden month to month in the payment settings. I have been paying

$9.99 a month for it for almost a year now. Sprint is charging $1 extra.

• Like 1

Prime has a hidden month to month in the payment settings. I have been paying

$9.99 a month for it for almost a year now. Sprint is charging $1 extra.

I heard it was only available for a short period of time. Your saying its still available? and if so where?

I heard it was only available for a short period of time. Your saying its still available? and if so where?

1cfa68fcc7593fa26bbb9cc0f81f82f3.jpg I have it. I just went in and did it one day last year.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well, I could argue the T-Mobile SIM Card Starter Kit is a form of activation fee, and the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T practices are forms of SIM Card charging. The reality? It costs nothing for providers to activate and probably $1 for the piece of plastic that will eventually be obsoleted by eSIM, which can't get here soon enough IMO.

That said Sprint should consider lowering their activation fees or SIM card fees or whatever they choose to call it today. $36 is too much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well, I could argue the T-Mobile SIM Card Starter Kit is a form of activation fee, and the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T practices are forms of SIM Card charging. The reality? It costs nothing for providers to activate and probably $1 for the piece of plastic that will eventually be obsoleted by eSIM, which can't get here soon enough IMO.

That said Sprint should consider lowering their activation fees or SIM card fees or whatever they choose to call it today. $36 is too much.

Sprint already lowered it to $30 for one line, $60 for 2 to 10.

• Like 2

Sprint already lowered it to $30 for one line, $60 for 2 to 10.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't mind it going down further (obviously).

• Like 6