Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And by Verizon! Sprint should feel honored!

As they should Sprint probably has Verizon sweating a little maybe a bead or two. They're probably saying "shit first it was T-Mobile stealing customers now it's Sprint"

I wonder if Sprint will make an ad fighting back at Verizon.

Idk they may if they do they should make one saying...what's wrong Verizon feeling the heat from yellow all of a sudden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Verizon finally felt the need to attack Sprint directly.

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-gets-ricky-gervais-to-make-jokes-about-sprint/

In metros, true sprint will smoke them. The question is will Sprint expand their native coverage without relying on roaming partners.

pJoHEH0.png

Sprint totally deserved that one.

• Like 1

pJoHEH0.png

Sprint totally deserved that one.

Yet, surprisingly, they pretty much backed Sprint's claim and made it credible. They didn't take on Sprint's claim at all. They just tried to make reference that Verizon has better nationwide coverage. Which everyone already knows. But what they didn't know is now Sprint is better and faster than they ever have been.

Verizon just basically corroborates how Sprint is now a viable option for millions more people. Just not for people that think they rely on that Verizon rural coverages.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 13

Bottom line is, Verizon see Sprint as a threat now otherwise they wouldn't spend once cent attacking them.

To me Sprint is taking Verizon customers, and not the other way around like it has been for the last 8 years.

Looks like Massa was right calling Marcelo a street fighter once he handed him the keys.

• Like 6

I am still having to explain to visitors in my town who come in with Sprint what "Extended 1X" is. In that regard, VZ is correct. Sorry, but it is the truth. That said, Sprint is clearly doing something right if there is a Verizon attack ad. Usually those are reserved to AT&T, and in the last year or so, T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am still having to explain to visitors in my town who come in with Sprint what "Extended 1X" is. In that regard, VZ is correct. Sorry, but it is the truth. That said, Sprint is clearly doing something right if there is a Verizon attack ad. Usually those are reserved to AT&T, and in the last year or so, T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know that your town is limited for Sprint, but the point is that millions of people living in places where Sprint has improved the network now can see it as an option. Even in urban areas like NJ and NY there are thousands of people who use Verizon and the same 7 cell sites, most of them nearby to Sprint sites where the customers can experience similar service. Those folks will now see a viable alternative.

Sprint Waiving Long Distance Calls to Belgium

In the wake of the unspeakable attacks in Brussels today, Sprint is waiving international calls and text usage to Belgium from the U.S., and voice and SMS while internationally roaming in Belgium for all Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA, and Sprint Prepaid customers - effective March 22, 2016 through March 31, 2016.

“This is an extremely difficult time for many of our customers who have friends and family in Belgium and need to keep in touch,” said Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure. “We want to do what we can to show our support and comfort to Sprint customers.”

• Like 10

I like! Too bad they don't have phone loaner system for the 30 days. I just hope that the staff at these stores are brought up to speed on this and not have those who want to try out the network trade in their phones because that's a accident waiting to happen especially if they aren't happy. Loaning out phones I think is cleaner but either way I'm loving this and this new confidence Sprint has with its network. I can't wait to switch back from T-Mobile this morning.

• Like 6

Excellent decision by Sprint, which really ought to be industry standard, including derrph's mention of a phone loaner system. At least Sprint is making a start with this and we'll see if other carriers follow.

Also regarding the phone loaner system, T-Mobile either had or might still have theirs. I remember several months ago, myself and others here on S4GRU had somewhat of a debate about it. I liked the idea of a longer-termed phone loaner trial that could be done in-store, as T-Mobile's version was something that had to be shipped out and only was a one week trial. It would be better to have in certain stores where a few used units of every top model are available for trial on a 30-day basis.

• Like 2

Seems like vzw is reorganizing and cutting positions. Seems like sprint is hiring the ones getting cut?

I hope they are better than what sprint had and not being cut by vzw for not getting the job done...?

• Like 1

Seems like vzw is reorganizing and cutting positions. Seems like sprint is hiring the ones getting cut?

I hope they are better than what sprint had and not being cut by vzw for not getting the job done...?

Or Sprint is giving them an opportunity too good to pass up by staying at Verizon.

I think these former Verizon execs would rather be at Sprint, a company which is slowly chipping away at the big 2 than be at the company (Verizon) that's being chipped away at...

• Like 3

Or Sprint is giving them an opportunity too good to pass up by staying at Verizon....

I think these former Verizon execs would rather be at Sprint, a company which is slowly chipping away at the big 2 than be at the company (Verizon) that's being chipped away at...

I hope you're right and they bring some good things

• Like 2

I hope you're right and they bring some good things

I hope so too. I don't think you become the President of the NY or Florida Regions at Verizon with poor performance.

• Like 1

Or Sprint is giving them an opportunity too good to pass up by staying at Verizon.

In my industry, we're the #2 player. It's way more fun to be on offense than to play defense and protect your share.

• Like 8

I hope so too. I don't think you become the President of the NY or Florida Regions at Verizon with poor performance.

Very true. However I thought vzw was restructuring. If in fact their jobs were secure and sprint "stole" them it's a heck of a move for sprint!!

• Like 1

In my industry, we're the #2 player. It's way more fun to be on offense than to play defense and protect your share.

Agree 100%. Perhaps these new hires saw the writing on the wall...

Welp guys it feels so good to be back at home. What's cool is because I wasn't gone long sprint reversed my installment billing as it was before I left even though I don't have that phone anymore. I was told the IB is tied to the phone number. What makes this extra sweet is T-Mobile still processed and approved the buyout reimbursement so I'll be still getting that in the mail.

• Like 6

Welp guys it feels so good to be back at home. What's cool is because I wasn't gone long sprint reversed my installment billing as it was before I left even though I don't have that phone anymore. I was told the IB is tied to the phone number. What makes this extra sweet is T-Mobile still processed and approved the buyout reimbursement so I'll be still getting that in the mail.

Did I miss something? What made you switch back?

I've toyed with the idea myself lately but don't think they've fixed anything that I had a problem with yet.

Did I miss something? What made you switch back?

I've toyed with the idea myself lately but don't think they've fixed anything that I had a problem with yet.

No difference in service plus I have the unlimited my way plan so that right there is a big perk. My only issue with T-Mobile is that they wouldn't admit there was a issue with a area of town that in at daily. They stuck to their guns that the area has excellent LTE coverage yet I was getting 0.79 up and 15 down.

• Like 2