Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Basically what AJ trying to tell you is there is a big difference between the base station throwing out 50 watts and you receiving it and your phone maybe throwing out 50 milliwatts and the base station receiving you.

And the situation would be a lot better if the handset antenna could beamform those 50 mW directly at the fixed base station antenna.  But with current technology, that just is not feasible -- because of handset size and mobility.

AJ

• Like 2

Note 5 is an RF monster, just saying...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah.. I was really quite surprised how much better the Note 5 is compared to the Note 4

with my usage patterns..here is Vegas land we have a lot of B41 Squared and the few speedtests

that I've allowed for myself have consistently been in the high 80's and a couple in the 90's for

CA; for non-CA the Note5 seems to grab and hold B41 better than the Note 4 ever did and rsrp

values seem anywhere from 5 -10% better for the few times I've compared them side by side..certainly 

anecdotal evidence compared to AJ's report but just saying...

Yeah.. I was really quite surprised how much better the Note 5 is compared to the Note 4

with my usage patterns..here is Vegas land we have a lot of B41 Squared and the few speedtests

that I've allowed for myself have consistently been in the high 80's and a couple in the 90's for

CA; for non-CA the Note5 seems to grab and hold B41 better than the Note 4 ever did and rsrp

values seem anywhere from 5 -10% better for the few times I've compared them side by side..certainly 

anecdotal evidence compared to AJ's report but just saying...

And that is all downlink, not uplink.  The anecdotal experience tells us nothing about the uplink, while all FCC lab tested figures are uplink, not downlink.

AJ

Here is some good news for Terrell and other in the Orlando area :

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-gets-first-win-network-193043878.html

Sprint won in reliability, which is very good!

I'd imagine things will improve further once the remaining WiMAX Network is finally shut down in Orlando (and other cities across the country), the last day of service being 3/31/2016. WiMAX Shutdown Schedule

FL: Daytona Beach, Miami, Orlando, Tampa

I'd imagine things will improve further once the remaining WiMAX Network is finally shut down in Orlando (and other cities across the country), the last day of service being 3/31/2016. WiMAX Shutdown Schedule

FL: Daytona Beach, Miami, Orlando, Tampa

I added a few extra links to my post, though I meant for the last one to show as an image. I've had trouble doing this before, so if anyone could help me figure out how to have a link appear as an image, please inform me.

Yeah Sprint is really on there game in Orlando its very good and able to keep up with At&t and better than tmobile. Verizon has small cells all over the place so they are still the best but Sprint is closing in. I like seeing news like this.
  • Like 2

Interesting reads. How's LTE at the Disney Properties these days?

It's gotten better...ATT is king and provides service for Disney Co. Verizon/Tmo/Sprint all have dead zones in places...while ATT has solid coverage. It's interesting because Nextel used o have the Disney Co contract, but that never carried over to coverage for Sprint users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint just kicked off a new sweepstakes:

Sprint Invites Customers to Join ‘Across the Nation Celebration’ Sweepstakes

Visit https://www.sprint.com/sprintnationsweeps to enter.

Interesting they're giving away the same car they use for Direct 2 You.

• Like 4

I also posted this in the LG G5 rumors thread - looks like LG will be selling an unlocked G5 compatible with both GSM and CDMA.  I'd like to see more manufacturers do this (similar to iPhone, Nexus devices, and Moto X Pure).

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/lg-brings-an-unlocked-version-of-the-g5-its-first-ever-modular-smartphone-to-b-h-2107323.htm

• Like 2

I also posted this in the LG G5 rumors thread - looks like LG will be selling an unlocked G5 compatible with both GSM and CDMA.  I'd like to see more manufacturers do this (similar to iPhone, Nexus devices, and Moto X Pure).

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/lg-brings-an-unlocked-version-of-the-g5-its-first-ever-modular-smartphone-to-b-h-2107323.htm

avb, could you find out if the unlocked version B&H is selling works on all of AT&T's newer band frequencies? I might consider getting it, if it does, through B&H, instead of through T-Mobile, in case I ever have to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T, and would rather not have to get a new device then.

I just heard the information about T-Mobile's LG G5 release date today from TmoNews, yet no word from our Executive Response contact at T-Mobile. I'm going to give it until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week to hear from her, otherwise I may have to switch anyways, as I'm suppose to be getting an advance on the pre-order, due to issues I had trying to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from them.

It would make sense that they use a Chrysler/Fiat product since their hotspot service is Sprint 3G.

• Like 2

Verizon finally felt the need to attack Sprint directly.

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-gets-ricky-gervais-to-make-jokes-about-sprint/

I think they tested Sprint after the second carrier came online at there home HQ of NYC and realized the inevitable...Sprint is the first true threat in a while.

• Like 7

Verizon finally felt the need to attack Sprint directly.http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-gets-ricky-gervais-to-make-jokes-about-sprint/

I think they tested Sprint after the second carrier came online at there home HQ of NYC and realized the inevitable...Sprint is the first true threat in a while.

In metros, true sprint will smoke them. The question is will Sprint expand their native coverage without relying on roaming partners.

• Like 5

In metros, true sprint will smoke them. The question is will Sprint expand their native coverage without relying on roaming partners.

After filling in the gaps, I'm sure that's the intent. But them having roaming partners that act as native footprint is a great stopgap.
  • Like 5

I don't care if they rely on roaming. As long as it is high speed and has a decent amount.

• Like 5

Verizon finally felt the need to attack Sprint directly.

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-gets-ricky-gervais-to-make-jokes-about-sprint/

YAY!! Sprint finally got a personal attack that means they are doing something right!!

• Like 11

YAY!! Sprint finally got a personal attack that means they are doing something right!!

And by Verizon! Sprint should feel honored!
  • Like 9