Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

6 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

On B41 wouldn't it need 3xca up and 64qam? B25 in areas that have higher BW then 5x5.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My point is that spectrum is available, Sprint just decided that upload speeds are alot less of a priority.

My point is that spectrum is available, Sprint just decided to keep upload speeds alot less of a priority.

Unfortunately and I don't like it. I live in Minnesota and ever summer I go up north which has had very little B41 so the network was completely unusable even upload pics would fail. There was no excuse for that either, cause they have enough spectrum for 10x10 B25 there it's only 5x5 tho Hope it's better this summer cause of tri band upgrades.

Sprint could easily achieve comparable uploads with 1.9 or 2.5.
1.9 maybe but 2.5 I'm going to need to see some proof. 2xCA is only active if your really close to the tower and if your inside even when it is active speeds are not good on upload. Even 3XCA which Sprint is unlikely to do anyway couldn't pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

1.9 maybe but 2.5 I'm going to need to see some proof. 2xCA is only active if your really close to the tower and if your inside even when it is active speeds are not good on upload. Even 3XCA which Sprint is unlikely to do anyway couldn't pull it off.

Clean SNR B41 3xCA 64QAM upload would most definitely achieve speeds that are similar. But would be pretty fragile and only benefit a tiny percentage of users. 

The only way sprint can pull it off .. they have to dedicate more TDD spectrum towards the actual upload without using CA. Like they were doing with with the earlier configuration. That’s what I think hes talking-about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way sprint can pull it off .. they have to dedicate more TDD spectrum towards the actual upload without using CA. Like they were doing with with the earlier configuration. That’s what I think hes talking-about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On that config in real world 48-50 would be the limit in perfect conditions without anyone on the tower. 3XCa upload in that config could do around 75 up though.

4 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

On that config in real world 48-50 would be the limit in perfect conditions without anyone on the tower. 3XCa upload in that config could do around 75 up though.

The hope is that with 5G's wider channels will help stabilize upload speeds. If I see over 5mb at the edge with 2 layer MIMO id be ok.

• Like 1

Iirc TDD on 5NR can also have more flexible timing arrangements. Basically shift to upload more quickly if all the download slots are not filled. Sorry, no link. No guarantees Sprint would do this either.  Really best to just wait and see at this point. 8 days away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

The hope is that with 5G's wider channels will help stabilize upload speeds. If I see over 5mb at the edge with 2 layer MIMO id be ok.

Exactly this. Uploads should be a lot better on the 40MHz (or higher) channel, even with the current TDD configuration. This is why standalone NR should be iimportant for Sprint.

Post pictures.  Triangulate by getting three sectors.  Switch phone to CDMA may also help if 1x800 is active, which might  give the GPS for the actual site.
I found the site on the NE side of town(I'll try to get photos later). No sign of 25 or 41 or any signs of 1x800. All my CDMA is on North Dakota PCS Alliance (aka Verizon).

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

A thought I had poking around Spectrum Omega. What are the odds of Sprint doing swaps with Dish for their PCS H block? Do they even have anything Dish would want?

H block is useless for sprint or any cellular carrier as they are currently configured. Beating a dead horse really.

In addition Dish had FCC create a brand new lte band using it and some unpaired AWS-3 (25x15? Something like that). So in all likelihood theyre not going to split just the H block out when they can demand $$$$ for the entire block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

H block is useless for sprint or any cellular carrier as they are currently configured. Beating a dead horse really.

In addition Dish had FCC create a brand new lte band using it and some unpaired AWS-3 (25x15? Something like that). So in all likelihood theyre not going to split just the H block out when they can demand $$$$ for the entire block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Ok. 

5 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

In addition Dish had FCC create a brand new lte band using it and some unpaired AWS-3 (25x15? Something like that).

Looks like that would be band 70 which no devices currently support. I see now. 

Dish provides a greenfield 5g opportunity, 4g capacity or a partnerconglomerllcship. American grit as Charlie has described it from 2014-now has not built a network for cellular. Grit ain't free, spectrum only squawks if you energize it, and interest will bear soon. 

Band 70 would be neat. NR 70 would be sweet.  

Looks like that would be band 70 which no devices currently support. I see now. 

Yeah if the H Block was completely B25 compatible then I'm sure Sprint would have tried to get it.

Dish's Band 70 is composed by 1995-2020 Mhz on the downlink and 1695-1710 on the downlink. It is a unique band as in nobody else has it and it is not on any phone. If Dish is selling, Verizon might be interested because they could beef up their midband and they could pull it off since they have 130 million subs. If the merger is not approved then T-mobile might be interested in Dish's AWS-3 holdings and Sprint might be interested in their 600Mhz. That's why Dish is so vehemently opposed to the merger because all of a sudden it takes out 2 potential customers for their spectrum. If the merger goes through their best play would be to have their spectrum hosted by one of the remaining carriers and they themselves becoming the 4th carrier with no customers to begin with. I don't think that they are looking forward to that. Their play was to acquire Clearwire and/or Sprint and when that failed, to speculate on spectrum. I think they counted on spectrum scarcity but with the advent of CBRS and C-Band that speculative play is no longer lucrative. If they're still interested in selling, they will take a very substantial haircut particularly on their AWS-3 holdings.

Edited by bigsnake49

10 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Tornado not too far from Sprint HQ.4bc22901d323bf0df07ed1207b7e1328.jpg

I wonder if that's what spurred the tweets about hurricane readiness today. "We're ready for hurricanes but not the tornadoes about to take out our HQ". 

In all seriousness though, that is a huge tornado according to the velocities radar. Be aware and safe those in that area! Keep your eyes and ears open!
Yeah it looks bad on Radar. Looks like rotation will go north of Overland Park though. I hope everyone in the KC area is paying attention to the warnings.bbacfe7fd5a1d364e591514b7ff67354.jpg

3 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Yeah it looks bad on Radar. Looks like rotation will go north of Overland Park though. I hope everyone in the KC area is paying attention to the warnings.bbacfe7fd5a1d364e591514b7ff67354.jpg

I see you use RadarScope as well. 

• Like 2