Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Or an alternative method to get your MSL for more than just LG phones is located here for those that don't want to phone into Sprint.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5022-easy-method-to-obtain-your-msl/

Can't get past Part 1 in that thread.. ##3424# / diagnostics mode doesn't work the same. Have you figured out a different way to enter diag mode?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can't get past Part 1 in that thread.. ##3424# / diagnostics mode doesn't work the same. Have you figured out a different way to enter diag mode?

Hmm I forgot that Nexus devices are not like traditional Sprint devices so the dialer code must be different.  I think to access the Nexus 5 data menu is *#*#DATA#*#* (*#*#3282#*#*) or something like that.

Maybe try *#*#DIAG#*#* (*#*#3424#*#*) or some combination where you reverse the * and # symbols and see if that works?  I am not familiar with Nexus device dialer codes.  Perhaps someone can chime in who knows the dialer code.

If you figure it out, let me know the dialer code so I can update the OP in that thread.

• Like 1

Hmm I forgot that Nexus devices are not like traditional Sprint devices so the dialer code must be different.  I think to access the Nexus 5 data menu is *#*#DATA#*#* (*#*#3282#*#*) or something like that.

Maybe try *#*#DIAG#*#* (*#*#3424#*#*) or some combination where you reverse the * and # symbols and see if that works?  I am not familiar with Nexus device dialer codes.  Perhaps someone can chime in who knows the dialer code.

If you figure it out, let me know the dialer code so I can update the OP in that thread.

3282 works for the Nexus 5.  I just changed my band priority / enabled Band 41.  Here's to hoping!!!

3282 works for the Nexus 5.  I just changed my band priority / enabled Band 41.  Here's to hoping!!!

Wait I am confused.  So *#*#DIAG#*#* (*#*#3424#*#*) for the Dialer code to enable diagnostics mode works on the Nexus 5 and you were able to get your MSL?

Yes, I am having the exact same issue. Thought it only did it when screen was locked but after further testing it seems random. Contacted Google last night and they said they I am the only one that has that issue. No solution offered other than factory reset which I am actually trying now. If that doesn't work I will return the phone

I am having that issue as well.

Sorry to confuse *#*#DATA#*#* works for the Nexus 5.

But how do you enable Band 26 and Band 41 without your MSL?  Don't you need your MSL when you click on Edit to enable Band 26 and B41 on the Nexus 5?

• Like 1

But how do you enable Band 26 and Band 41 without your MSL?  Don't you need your MSL when you click on Edit to enable Band 26 and B41 on the Nexus 5?

I'm sorry I think I confused this matter dramatically... You still need your msl. I was just saying that the code with data enters the menu. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I think I confused this matter dramatically... You still need your msl. I was just saying that the code with data enters the menu. I'm sorry.

Ok but what did you do to get your MSL?  Did you get it from Sprint or did you get it through my procedure?

If you did use the method I posted to obtain your MSL, I would like to update my procedure for MSL that applies to Nexus devices but I don't know what you did to enable diagnostics mode.

Just activated my Black 32gb N5. I'm loving it. I had to tell the Sprint employee how to activate and do the update before it worked though.

Heh. I had to as well. The rep looked a bit confused by the update, but I reassured her that it was normal. It took forever though, because all of the demo devices were on the store wifi. I had to manually disconnect them. She later told me that I was the first person to buy one at that store. 

Heh. I had to as well. The rep looked a bit confused by the update, but I reassured her that it was normal. It took forever though, because all of the demo devices were on the store wifi. I had to manually disconnect them. She later told me that I was the first person to buy one at that store.

I took it home and did the update it took less than a minute to download. Just had them hardware swap it with my S4 on my account. There was no reason to even go to the store though I could have done it through chat.

• Like 1

Any spare SIM cards out there?

My local Sprint store didn't have any, ordered one online on Saturday, but they say backorder. No shipping ETA. :(

Guess I won't be activating tomorrow.

even though they are backordered, they come within 2 days.

I can send you the one I received from Jeremy this morning since I already received the backordered one and still await my phone

PM me with details and i will get it out to you in the morning

• Like 2

So, I hope I don't get yelled at for repeating a question, I did search, review and read the posts with this topic, but I didn't find an agreed-upon best practice to use.

If I missed it, I'm sorry.

So.

Here goes...

Wireless& Networks - Mobile Networks - Network mode - It has been 'Global' but I have had no issues.  If its not broke, should I fix (?) it to LTE???

Best setting Nexus 5 on Sprint not otherwise having issues::

Global or LTE?

New Nexus 5 owner questions:

1. The phone is very nice. The feature behaving very strangely are the radios. This might be related to the CSFB, but it's not what everyone is reporting. I live in the DFW, TX area and have LTE working... mostly. However, what I see often is a problem.

• The indicator says I have LTE (So does SignalCheck.), but I really don't. Can't browse or anything. Toggle mobile data and then I have mobile data, usually 3G and it at least works. Did I really have an LTE signal? Were the radios giving a false report?
  • Areas which were strong LTE on my Note 2 appear as 3G... until I toggle mobile data. I stand in sight of a tower I know to have LTE, full bars and everything on the Note 2. The same on the Nexus 5, but it's showing 3G. Toggle mobile data and now it's LTE. (I tried using phone with the 3G, but I couldn't get Google Now to answer a question.)
  • Phone shows I have signal. I just made a call and all went well. Yet, someone is trying to call me, and the phone never rings.
  • Phone shows I have signal. I place a call, and I start hearing a busy signal. I look at phone and now it says I have no bars. What the?

Would CSFB upgrades be causing these odd behaviors?

2. Should I turn on the extra LTE bands? One or both?

3. Anyone using Tasker? This CSFB thing is going to really make creating contexts challenging. I use Cell Near context on a few tasks. For instance, if I am near cell IDs 1,2,3 and it's a week day, assume I am at work. Now, the phone records no cell IDs unless the Nexus 5 is using the tower. Do these towers transmit LTE IDs? Maybe we can request an LTE Near context.

what area(s) of dfw are you in?

So, I hope I don't get yelled at for repeating a question, I did search, review and read the posts with this topic, but I didn't find an agreed-upon best practice to use.

So.

Here goes...

Wireless& Networks - Mobile Networks - Network mode - It has been 'Global' but I have had no issues.  If its not broke, should I fix (?) it to LTE???

Global or LTE?

I believe it defaults back to Global after a reboot anyway. I know it does after a profile update. Global is fine and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So.

Here goes...

Global or LTE?

I think you have the right idea, if it's working, don't bother changing anything!

I know in one of those dialer menus Global is listed as CDMA, GSM, LTE and LTE mode is listed as CDMA, LTE.  What that means?  I don't know.  I just know global works.  I also think GSM isn't useful to me.  So, yeah.  If there was some sort of battery savings in using LTE mode I would otherwise I will not worry.

Anyone interested in seeing B41 LTE results in Los Angeles go to the links below. Results were taken with the G2.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=237898

Is that possible to do with an N5? Did you get the update or change your APNs?