Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Mine has said shipping on the 22nd as well. Wonder if it will ship soon? 

I orded the 32 black also, says ship on 11/26, hopefully sooner!

No ship for you!

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Don't know, but I have certainly seen more N4's than Optimus G's lol.

I spend a lot of time around 18-23 year old college students.  This may not be a particularly representative sample of anything, but when I see handsets laid out in view on a desk or table, they are mostly iPhone variants or cheap T-Mobile Android smartphones.

AJ

It's really bumming me out! I feel like Google is picking on me even though I have bought all Nexi since the nexus 7 except for the 2013 model! I should get some VIP treatment haha  :achoo:

Are you saying "that they should have a priority line for people who've waited five times"?  Hmm, where have I heard that before?

;)

AJ

I spend a lot of time around 18-23 year old college students.  This may not be a particularly representative sample of anything, but when I see handsets laid out in view on a desk or table, they are mostly iPhone variants or cheap T-Mobile Android smartphones.

AJ

I am still in college also that is what I see often as well. The ratio is probably 4 out of 5 phones are iphones, I should conduct a study haha.

Are you saying "that they should have a priority line for people who've waited five times"?  Hmm, where have I heard that before?

;)

AJ

Hahaha I'm only joking, gotta wait like everyone else =/

More than likely the brightness was turned up all the way, I noticed this myself when I first got the phone.  I have my brightness at about 25 percent and it looks a lot better and is still very much usable in direct sunlight.  With that being said though, I still think the screen on the One is still the best on the market.

The ONE's screen is nice for sure, but I would take the ONE's speakers over the screen for the N5.

The N5 + BOOMSOUND + the battery of the note2/droidmaxx would be teh killah.

Don't confuse properly calibrated and accurate with washed out. Most phones, especially Samsungs with AMOLED, are extremely saturated to the point of complete inaccuracy. You may very well be seeing a phone with an accurate panel for the first time. Granted blacks could be blacker, but the Nexus 5 screen is really very good. See this review of the screen.

This took a while for me to conceptualize given the saturation of color that most screens desplay. The Nexus 5 is very accurate reds blues, whites, yellows, and blacks, blacks are not as rich or dark as the Amoled Samsung screens.http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Google-Nexus-5-Review_id3479

I would like to see them sell 2 models. Make a budget priced one like the one we have now and sell it for cheap. Then make one with a better screen, 32 gb, better sound, and a bigger battery capacity for a higher price.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I would like to see them sell 2 models. Make a budget priced one like the one we have now and sell it for cheap. Then make one with a better screen, 32 gb, better sound, and a bigger battery capacity for a higher price.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Do you mean like the moto x and moto g?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean like the moto x and moto g?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, certainly this is a great phone. But it would also be nice to have the pure Google Android on a premium device!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yeah, certainly this is a great phone. But it would also be nice to have the pure Google Android on a premium device!

Sent from my Nexus 5

you mean like the htc one and galaxy s4 developer editions?

• Like 1

I orded the 32 black also, says ship on 11/26, hopefully sooner!

I'm in the same boat as you. 32 GB, Black, and ships on 11/26. I've also been stocking that status page every day to see if it's changed.  :wacko:

I also just checked the Google Play Store page for the 32 GB Black. They updated the shipping time to 3-4 weeks like the 16 GB one. 32 GB White still shows 2-3 weeks. Good thing we ordered ours before that happened.

• Like 1

AJ

Interesting, I haven't seen a lot of students with the Nexus, but I have seen a lot of marketing professionals with the N4.  And with other variants of the Nexus line now that I think of it.  Guess the idea of a cheap unlocked phone really flies with many different target populations. 

More than likely the brightness was turned up all the way, I noticed this myself when I first got the phone. I have my brightness at about 25 percent and it looks a lot better and is still very much usable in direct sunlight. With that being said though, I still think the screen on the One is still the best on the market.

Love the app Lux for making my brightness auto regulated but precisely how I want it auto regulated.

Interesting, I haven't seen a lot of students with the Nexus, but I have seen a lot of marketing professionals with the N4.  And with other variants of the Nexus line now that I think of it.  Guess the idea of a cheap unlocked phone really flies with many different target populations. 

I do not have anything to offer other than anecdotal evidence, but I would not expect to see a lot of students with Nexus handsets.

One, many students do not buy their own handsets -- mom and dad do.  Are mom and dad hip to the Nexus beat or just the iPhone mania?  I will let the Samsung commercials answer the question about "mom and dad."

Two, for those students who do buy their own handsets, unsubsidized Nexus handsets costs twice as much upfront as do most subsidized handsets.  And money challenged students tend to look at short term costs, not long term costs.

AJ

• Like 2

I do not have anything to offer other than anecdotal evidence, but I would not expect to see a lot of students with Nexus handsets.

One, many students do not buy their own handsets -- mom and dad do. Are mom and dad hip to the Nexus beat or just the iPhone mania? I will let the Samsung commercials answer the question about "mom and dad."

Two, for those students who do buy their own handsets, unsubsidized Nexus handsets costs twice as much upfront as do most subsidized handsets. And money challenged students tend to look at short term costs, not long term costs.

AJ

I see less and less iPhones in people's hands as they hand them down to their kids when upgrade to other device types. So this follows right in with what I see.

I see less and less iPhones in people's hands as they hand them down to their kids when upgrade to other device types. So this follows right in with what I see.

Apple needs to produce a larger screen handset next year.  At one time, the iPhone screen seemed huge.  That time has long since passed.  And a fair number of users are passing on the iPhone because the screen is now too relatively small.

AJ

Apple needs to produce a larger screen handset next year.  At one time, the iPhone screen seemed huge.  That time has long since passed.  And a fair number of users are passing on the iPhone because the screen is now too relatively small.

AJ

Realllllly, when was that. I can say that when it 1st hit the scene it was an amazing devide, but the draw back for me 1st hand was that the damn screen size was as small as my HTC Pocket PC Windows phone. Had Microsoft expanded on that Phone they would be sitting pretty. One of the1st phones with  an OS and pen. In my opinion size was 1st and fore most iPhones achilles heel, then it was too much iControl.

And yet... Study finds Android users now switching to iPhones more than ever.

cirp-android-iphone.png

For whatever that's worth.

Those studies are always skewed in my opinion. Especailly when they are suppose to be used for analyst to pump and dump@ Just give me techinical data, because it depends on where the studies were taken, and  how they were taken, The last study that I saw showed Amdroid with a commanding market share and growing and only losing like .8% to Apple the last quarter so far....

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

I'm in the same boat as you. 32 GB, Black, and ships on 11/26. I've also been stocking that status page every day to see if it's changed.  :wacko:

I also just checked the Google Play Store page for the 32 GB Black. They updated the shipping time to 3-4 weeks like the 16 GB one. 32 GB White still shows 2-3 weeks. Good thing we ordered ours before that happened.

Yea, Spencesouth reported google changed the 16 black to out of stock.

AJ

They very well may...

Two models planned for release in the second half of next year would feature larger displays with glass that curves downward at the edges, said the person, declining to be identified because the details aren’t public....

With screens of 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, the two new models would be Apple’s largest iPhones, the person said, and would approach in size the 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 3 that Samsung Electronics Co. debuted in September.