Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My tower has been 3g complete for over a year. Think sprint forgot about it. Every other tower has lte 800

Probably backhaul like one of my local 3g only towers that are competed with b25 equipment since last winter.

Have you called sprint or emailed dan@sprint (still works) and they'll call you.

Probably backhaul like one of my local 3g only towers that are competed with b25 equipment since last winter.

Have you called sprint or emailed dan@sprint (still works)

No new panels.  Not back haul att and verizon just had fiber ran to tower.  Im sure fiber tech ran extra pairs.  Verizon just added xlte.  After two months of there original upgrade, its so frustrating that 3g drops constantly.  

My tower has been 3g complete for over a year. Think sprint forgot about it. Every other tower has lte 800

No 800 is likely because it is a GMO site without new 800 capable antennas. Not that Sprint forgot to fire it up. There will likely not be any 800 at that site until it gets a full build conversion.

So my Nexus 5 loves to park itself on a useless 1x1900 connection in my basement office when I know there is a so much better 1x800 signal out there. Can't send texts and calls will break up unless I get kicked to 1x800 (and it doesn't happen easily). Is there a way around this problem without flashing a custom PRL? (Can't figure out how to do it on this device, tried like 7 times with no luck)

So my Nexus 5 loves to park itself on a useless 1x1900 connection in my basement office when I know there is a so much better 1x800 signal out there. Can't send texts and calls will break up unless I get kicked to 1x800 (and it doesn't happen easily). Is there a way around this problem without flashing a custom PRL? (Can't figure out how to do it on this device, tried like 7 times with no luck)

This has been buried inside this thread but everyone who has tried my instructions were able to flash a custom PRL. Give it one more try...

https://github.com/SpenceSouth/android-flash-nexus5-prl/blob/master/README.txt

• Like 2

yep sucks.  same at my place.  if i am connected to LTE, most of the time it will connect a call at 1x800.  if i am not on LTE, it usually parks on 1x1900 and the results blow.

For those who broke their Nexus 5, bought it from the Play Store and under the 1 year warranty you can get a replacement for free. This is a refurbished phone and you need to call and see if you qualify. http://www.gadgetreview.com/2014/09/google-play-reportedly-offers-one-time-free-nexus-5-replacement.html

I just did mine with a cracked screen.

Does anyone know if it matters if I have my phone on LTE versus Global? I've had my phone for a bit over a month and still not quite sure if it makes a difference.

"LTE" puts it in CDMA/LTE mode.

"Global" puts it in CDMA/GSM/LTE mode.

If you're using a Sprint SIM, you're not going to see a difference.

-Mike

FYI all textra users/previous users. In the newest update (released today) they have stated individual bubble colors are coming back soon!

yep sucks. same at my place. if i am connected to LTE, most of the time it will connect a call at 1x800. if i am not on LTE, it usually parks on 1x1900 and the results blow.

Actually I had remembered I was still on the .15 radio. And flashing to .16 solved the issues of idling on unusable PCS 90%. LTE signal strength may be a little less, but my phone likes 1x800 and B26 a lot more. The only downside is that It will latch on a B41 signal until the bitter signal level of -135 dBm so I ended up disabling it. I don't see myself turning B41 back on now until 8t8r is widely deployed in my market.

My n5 died yesterday. Worked fine on the way home had a full charge, next time I go to look at it, it was dead, won't power up at all, no matter how long I press any combination of keys.

No boot screen, no vibration, no nothing, dead dead dead. :(

My n5 died yesterday. Worked fine on the way home had a full charge, next time I go to look at it, it was dead, won't power up at all, no matter how long I press any combination of keys.

Mine has done that before, I just waited a bit. Plugged it in and hard rebooted and its always worked for me.

pop the back off and try to reseed the battery?  or try a new battery?

• Like 1

I pulled the back off, but did not pull the battery out. I did make sure it was seated and pressed all around different areas of the insides and still no joy.

It sat over night, I've tried charging with wall charger, computer, wirelessly, nothing comes on the screen to indicate its actually charging, nor can I get to the bootloader/recovery.

Fortunately I have several other phones, I switched back to my m8 for now and will probably go through the warranty process if it doesn't magically start working on it's own.