Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have been having for about a month! I posted about it a few times in here. I tried dialer modification apps and many other things, nothing works. Only happens when on LTE. I have resorted to forcing the phone into 3G-only mode for the past few weeks, which is extremely frustrating but I need to be able to receive calls. Haven't had any time to call Sprint from another phone to see what they suggest.

I agree with the CSFB guess.. another wrench in the mix is I live in a mature LTE market (Boston) that never had any noticeable CSFB issues.

-Mike

YES! Finally someone else who has this problem. Makes me wonder if this would happen on another triband device connected to the same site I'm having this problem with. 

YES! Finally someone else who has this problem. Makes me wonder if this would happen on another triband device connected to the same site I'm having this problem with. 

I had that problem every time I recieved a call back in February. I thought it was really weird because it wasn't a problem when I first got the phone. I changed a roaming setting and it stopped happening. It did happen again a few weeks ago, but it hasn't happened the last few times I have gotten calls. I think it was a ParanoidAndroid issue that time.

I had that problem every time I recieved a call back in February. I thought it was really weird because it wasn't a problem when I first got the phone. I changed a roaming setting and it stopped happening. It did happen again a few weeks ago, but it hasn't happened the last few times I have gotten calls. I think it was a ParanoidAndroid issue that time.

Whenever it happens to me, the "R" indicator comes up next to the signal strength in the notification bar. Wonder if something's related to that. I'll turn off roaming and see. 

Whenever it happens to me, the "R" indicator comes up next to the signal strength in the notification bar. Wonder if something's related to that. I'll turn off roaming and see.

Mine says roaming whenever I'm in a call regardless of whether the problem is happening. But I fixed the problem by fiddling with roaming settings, so who knows.

My nexus 5 started shutting down randomly and in the middle of a start up it shuts down and I have to keep trying to restart it. I read and people said its a defective ram.. Was wondering if that's true?

Sounds like a faulty power button.
  • Like 1

First line of this page from what I can tell.. But will they send out a new one or a refurbished one is the next question to ask.

I actually don't think that page describes the new replacement program. That seems to be the general exchange/defect policy. Don't think we'll know until someone tries it.

Sorry if this has been addressed, I don't come to this thread often. Has anyone had issues where the 1x part of the radio gets disabled? EVDO works, LTE works too if I toggle airplane mode. Just 1x refuses to work. The only fix that works is to put the phone in 1x only mode and reboot. Its only happened twice so far.

f1e3e7bf0e50a4ebbfe79d87727210c0.jpg

Sorry if this has been addressed, I don't come to this thread often. Has anyone had issues where the 1x part of the radio gets disabled? EVDO works, LTE works too if I toggle airplane mode. Just 1x refuses to work. The only fix that works is to put the phone in 1x only mode and reboot. Its only happened twice so far.

f1e3e7bf0e50a4ebbfe79d87727210c0.jpg

Mine does that too, I'm wondering if it's just a SignalCheck bug. You'd never know it if it weren't for Signalcheck since the icon only says 3G.

I doubt it's a signalcheck bug because phone calls won't work. Oddly enough the phone will still try to connect the call. I don't get the "mobile network unavailable" message like when I am outside of voice coverage.

6ba430f2c3d9fbd240371ff5ff060a87.jpg