Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Anyone had any issues with your N5 restarting randomly?  Mine just started doing this today.  It would sometimes display the option menu that pops up when you hold the power button just before it would randomly restart.  The last time it restarted it started bootlooping and I thought the phone was done for...  Only thing new that was installed recently was the Scorecenter app since college football is starting up again.  Any ideas?

Rooted

Franco Kernel

ART

Anyone had any issues with your N5 restarting randomly? Mine just started doing this today. It would sometimes display the option menu that pops up when you hold the power button just before it would randomly restart. The last time it restarted it started bootlooping and I thought the phone was done for... Only thing new that was installed recently was the Scorecenter app since college football is starting up again. Any ideas?

Rooted

Franco Kernel

ART

Sounds like a broken power button

Whenever I receive a call and am connected to LTE, my phone will lock up at the "answer" screen. If I slide to the right to answer the call, the phone freezes and continues to ring/vibrate endlessly until I turn the phone off. 

If the phone is on 3G only, this doesn't happen. 

I want to say it's an eCSFB issue, but the phone IS getting the call. It just won't answer it. Not sure what's to blame here, the phone or the network? When I'm in PA, I have always been able to answer calls just fine when connected to LTE. But I'm wondering if it's a device issue. 

Mashed the button a lot and it seems to have helped, but I want to avoid pressing it as much as possible until I can get a temporary replacement.  Anyone know of any good apps that will let me tap the screen to turn on the phone?  Tried some basic one off of the Play Store but didn't have any luck.

PSA: this phone corrodes easily in high humidity. I've charged it a couple times recently while I was showering (it was charging near the floor, so I wasn't really woried about steam) and I noticed yesterday that the battery was draining a lot faster. I opened it up and sure enough the USB flex cable board was covered in white powder. Fortunately the USB flex replacement is only $20, but I'm still worried about the corrosion spreading.

• Like 1

PSA: this phone corrodes easily in high humidity. I've charged it a couple times recently while I was showering (it was charging near the floor, so I wasn't really woried about steam) and I noticed yesterday that the battery was draining a lot faster. I opened it up and sure enough the USB flex cable board was covered in white powder. Fortunately the USB flex replacement is only $20, but I'm still worried about the corrosion spreading.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Mashed the button a lot and it seems to have helped, but I want to avoid pressing it as much as possible until I can get a temporary replacement. Anyone know of any good apps that will let me tap the screen to turn on the phone? Tried some basic one off of the Play Store but didn't have any luck.

I've enjoyed Gravity Screen, which uses the proximity sensor effectively and the orientation sensor.

I've been away from my nexus for awhile and I just activated it again. I'm curious what radio is the radio to have now. I'm in the Milwaukee market so I have B26 pretty much everywhere I go and would like to be able to actually use my phone instead of outright speed when standing right under the tower. Opinions?

I've been away from my nexus for awhile and I just activated it again. I'm curious what radio is the radio to have now. I'm in the Milwaukee market so I have B26 pretty much everywhere I go and would like to be able to actually use my phone instead of outright speed when standing right under the tower. Opinions?

Are you stock? If you are and are running 4.4.4 then you already have the latest radio.  You can check the radio version in Settings -> About phone -> Baseband version. The latest is 2.0.50.1.16.

Are you stock? If you are and are running 4.4.4 then you already have the latest radio. You can check the radio version in Settings -> About phone -> Baseband version. The latest is 2.0.50.1.16.

Stock rooted running Franco. It's the radio I'm already on so I guess I'm good to go.

Mine N5 has a strange problem. Sometimes, when it drop out of LTE, it will enter into EVDO only mode. I cannot make/receive calls. But I do have data. Only cure is set phone to 1X only and reboot and then change back to LTE

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine N5 has a strange problem. Sometimes, when it drop out of LTE, it will enter into EVDO only mode. I cannot make/receive calls. But I do have data. Only cure is set phone to 1X only and reboot and then change back to LTE

Yep I have the same problem. It happens after switching to my T-Mobile SIM and back to Sprint. No idea what's causing it.

Whenever I receive a call and am connected to LTE, my phone will lock up at the "answer" screen. If I slide to the right to answer the call, the phone freezes and continues to ring/vibrate endlessly until I turn the phone off.

If the phone is on 3G only, this doesn't happen.

I want to say it's an eCSFB issue, but the phone IS getting the call. It just won't answer it. Not sure what's to blame here, the phone or the network? When I'm in PA, I have always been able to answer calls just fine when connected to LTE. But I'm wondering if it's a device issue.

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have been having for about a month! I posted about it a few times in here. I tried dialer modification apps and many other things, nothing works. Only happens when on LTE. I have resorted to forcing the phone into 3G-only mode for the past few weeks, which is extremely frustrating but I need to be able to receive calls. Haven't had any time to call Sprint from another phone to see what they suggest.

I agree with the CSFB guess.. another wrench in the mix is I live in a mature LTE market (Boston) that never had any noticeable CSFB issues.

-Mike

This is EXACTLY the same problem I have been having for about a month! I posted about it a few times in here. I tried dialer modification apps and many other things, nothing works. Only happens when on LTE. I have resorted to forcing the phone into 3G-only mode for the past few weeks, which is extremely frustrating but I need to be able to receive calls. Haven't had any time to call Sprint from another phone to see what they suggest.

I agree with the CSFB guess.. another wrench in the mix is I live in a mature LTE market (Boston) hat never had any noticeable CSFB issues.

-Mike

Never say never when you're dealing with Ericsson.

Guess who manages ALU equipment after acceptance?

Touché, didn't think of that angle. Still think it's weird that my phone receives the call, but refuses to answer it. It's not site-specific either, happens all over the place.

-Mike

I have a question, thought this would be the right place to ask. 

So a couple days ago I'm riding the train with my SO (she uses T-mobile), we're both trying to download an app. Her phone (nexus 4) starts on edge for the download, then mid download it all of a sudden switches to hspa and finishes on hspa. I've never seen this happen to me on sprint. Just wondering if it's a technical limitation or a software choice. Why can't you switch between 3g and lte while you're downloading something?