Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

When speaking to this tech, he told me that my issue is characteristic of "an EVDO issue". Just wanted to see if anyone had it...I still have suspicions it may be my phone's antenna....

I have suspicions it may be tech support giving you a line of technobabble that makes no sense.. stay on the phone until someone gives you an answer that at least is plausible. No "EVDO issue" would be relevant to you only having data on B25 and not the other bands you connect to.

I apologize if you already mentioned this, but do other devices work properly in this particular area? Have you tried using yours somewhere else? Just trying to rule out a site issue.

-Mike

• Like 1

Is anyone else incessantly getting system update notifications? As in several per minute.. I don't want to upgrade yet, but Google is trying to force my hand! I'm guessing the automatic update would fail anyway since I'm rooted with various system customizations, but yikes..

-Mike

I have suspicions it may be tech support giving you a line of technobabble that makes no sense.. stay on the phone until someone gives you an answer that at least is plausible. No "EVDO issue" would be relevant to you only having data on B25 and not the other bands you connect to.

I apologize if you already mentioned this, but do other devices work properly in this particular area? Have you tried using yours somewhere else? Just trying to rule out a site issue.

-Mike

No I have not. I might have to RMA again..

Is anyone else incessantly getting system update notifications? As in several per minute.. I don't want to upgrade yet, but Google is trying to force my hand! I'm guessing the automatic update would fail anyway since I'm rooted with various system customizations, but yikes..

-Mike

Yes. I thought it was a bug with an xposed module I have that messes with notifications, but I guess it's not.

This Lollipop update took a few minutes to get used to, I'm glad I read about it from others first. I'm typing on it now and I actually like this new keyboard better, I'm not making as many typos as the KK keyboard.

I'm sure someone's mentioned it but I haven't read too far back, I don't like what they've done with the signal or WiFi status indicators! They've dumbed it down and essentially made it useless. OTOH I think I'm holding onto LTE better, though I've only got my T-MOBILE SIM in here so I can't say for sure.

Overall I think I like the update! But I feel like they've copied iOS on quite a few things that I wish they hadn't because they essentially destroyed some things that made android android. (Like the new notifications)

I notice that my N5 frequency drops connection to to the tower and reconnects, like every 5 minutes. Signal check pro shows it, and the signal bar goes to zero bars. In a few seconds it's reconnected. This is in 3G. Anyone notice this behavior?

I notice that my N5 frequency drops connection to to the tower and reconnects, like every 5 minutes. Signal check pro shows it, and the signal bar goes to zero bars. In a few seconds it's reconnected. This is in 3G. Anyone notice this behavior?

I have this all the time.

So today, my camera kept crashing when I tried to open it. Had to uninstall updates to get it to work.

Also, should this phone be set to Global or LTE in the engineering screen and should Band priority be 1, 2 and 3 for 25, 26 and 41?

So today, my camera kept crashing when I tried to open it. Had to uninstall updates to get it to work.

Also, should this phone be set to Global or LTE in the engineering screen and should Band priority be 1, 2 and 3 for 25, 26 and 41?

Band priority does not seem to matter, the network will move you to whatever it feels like putting you on after you initially scan and connect. Every time I do a profile update the phone gets put on global, and I change it back to LTE. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, I don't personally notice any change between global and LTE.

• Like 1

...should this phone be set to Global or LTE in the engineering screen...

Every time I do a profile update the phone gets put on global, and I change it back to LTE. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, I don't personally notice any change between global and LTE.

"Global" mode puts your radio on LTE/GSM/CDMA mode.

"LTE" mode puts your radio on LTE/CDMA mode.

Sprint users will not see a difference between the two modes because you will never attempt to connect to a GSM network, so it's not relevant. If you happened to put in a SIM for a non-CDMA provider, you would see different options anyway.

-Mike

• Like 2

Ya I'll do that . I think most of it is because I enabled encryption. I knew that would slow it down some but it's borderline unusable.

encryption only affects boot up, installs and disk heavy operations in general so doubtful. (But possible)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From what ive experienced so far this new radio doesn't seem to hold a signal like the previous radio would.

Exactly the opposite experience here. The new radio definitely improved from 4.4.4.

Also to address encryption stuff, that's not what's causing lag. Encryption doesn't really make a huge difference in everyday performance because android does not do a lot of I/O regularly.

Is anyone else seeing their phone scan more frequently now after the update? I tend to think my N5 is scanning a lot more now than it did with Kitkat. I just took my phone off the charger at home during my lunch break and now that I'm back at work it has 93% left with only 5 minutes of on-screen time. I came to this conclusion because at work I have pretty poor b41 reception and now with 5.0 I see my phone going from b41, to 3G and even 1x800. I never saw my phone jump around this much with kitkat. According to cell standby my phone has spent 63% of the time without a signal.

My recently putchased N5 is on factory lollipop and will not connect to LTE. (new SIM is from TIng - SIMGLW206R). I am in lexington ky .

I have to turn off eHRPD to connect to 3G (voice/sms work fine with eHRPD turned off). My other phone Galaxy Nexus connects to LTE just fine at the same location.

With eHRPD turned on, there is no data whatsoever.

Any pointers.. I am on RingPlus...

Did a factory reset, SRCTN and PRofile/PRL update...

Have already posted on R+ forums and put in a ticket, thought would post it here too..

Thanks

Edited by rsr_am

My recently putchased N5 is on factory lollipop and will not connect to LTE. (new SIM is from TIng - SIMGLW206R). I am in lexington ky .

Any pointers.. I am on RingPlus...

Contact your provider to make sure they have your SIM serial number registered properly.

-Mike