Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I unplugged my nexus 5 at around midnight last night fully charged only to wake up and my battery was already down to 55%! That's never happened before. It shows I was without signal 66% of time and im in an area with good signal strength. What's going on?

I unplugged my nexus 5 at around midnight last night fully charged only to wake up and my battery was already down to 55%! That's never happened before. It shows I was without signal 66% of time and im in an area with good signal strength. What's going on?

It's possible that either the tower nearest you went down, or they were doing equipment upgrades in the middle of the night. I've had more than my fair share of experiences like that. I literally live on the same block of a Sprint tower, and I've had the tower go down and my phone go roaming at home. I usually get good 3G (like actually usable 3G, even before NV) signal at home. Luckily for me, I live with my girlfriend who also uses Sprint, so we can see that we both go roaming when this happens and I know it's not a phone problem.

• Like 1

for those interested in the encrypted vs non-encrypted argument

As expected apps that load obb files (Facebook and most games) suffer a slight hit in load times. For everything else the difference is negligible.
  • Like 1

for those interested in the encrypted vs non-encrypted argument

Great video. The difference is definitely noticeable in most apps, but the question is, is the extra latency ok? Judging by the video, I'd say so. I personally don't have encryption enabled, but for those that what it, I don't think it'll affect the day to day usage of the phone.

• Like 1

Ever since the lollipop update I've noticed two things. First when I clear my recent apps sometimes I get a lot of lag and it has to reload the homescreen which never happened before at all. Second my battery life seems to have taken a hit. Granted I do have some of the new features enabled which may not be power friendly but before my average on screen times were 3-4 hours now its more like 1 1/2-2 1/2. I'd like to hear if anyone else is seeing this.

Ever since the lollipop update I've noticed two things. First when I clear my recent apps sometimes I get a lot of lag and it has to reload the homescreen which never happened before at all. Second my battery life seems to have taken a hit. Granted I do have some of the new features enabled which may not be power friendly but before my average on screen times were 3-4 hours now its more like 1 1/2-2 1/2. I'd like to hear if anyone else is seeing this.

Haven't seen either of those issues. My battery life is slightly better than before, not seeing any hiccups when clearing recent apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Are you clearing all the recent apps? If so that could be a problem, the system memory management doesn't like force closing apps and often reloads them immediately causing lag and potentially redraws.

I've updated three devices to 5.0 so far. Two handled it fine, and saw the performance gains after a day of settling. The third one kept lagging and having battery issue until I did a factory reset.. It had been a dream ever since.

With the same settings on 5.0 as on KitKat I'm seeing performance and battery gains across all 3 devices.

Are you clearing all the recent apps? If so that could be a problem, the system memory management doesn't like force closing apps and often reloads them immediately causing lag and potentially redraws.

I've updated three devices to 5.0 so far. Two handled it fine, and saw the performance gains after a day of settling. The third one kept lagging and having battery issue until I did a factory reset.. It had been a dream ever since.

With the same settings on 5.0 as on KitKat I'm seeing performance and battery gains across all 3 devices.

I get the lag sometimes too, when returning to the home screen sometimes.

I also have the same issue with my phone constantly dropping signal and then rescanning. Happened at home in NC and in Michigan on vacation.

• Like 1

Hey all who are experiencing lag on the lollipop update... My lag issues improved greatly when I disabled the chrome tab and apps merge option. Might help some of you too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I never noticed any lag, but I disabled that too, right away. Wonder who thought that was a good idea?

I never noticed any lag, but I disabled that too, right away. Wonder who thought that was a good idea?

Well I think Google has always tried to push for web apps but it really makes no sense at all on mobile.  :wacko:

Before 5.0 update

I got about 2:30 to 4:30 of SOT

After 5.0 update

I get about 3 to almost 5 of SOT

Different usage patterns, but overall I get better battery life from Lollipop.

The only problem I have is the GPS. I would advise not to do mapping in a big area like Dallas, TX

Yes I do clear my apps often but it was never a problem at all on Kitkat. Sadly it seems I'm seeing more and more lag or slow downs than just clearing apps now and a lot more app crashes than ever. I was really excited about this update and sadly I've been a little let down but only good can come in the future.

I've been dreading on doing a factory reset. Anyone experiencing issues with an ota kit Kat to lollipop upgrade. I went with the sideload route and I'm experiencing the lagginess

A fresh install would probably do wonders for you.

Sent from my Rooted Nexus 5 (Sprint) running Android 5.0 Lollipop

Just now my phone had 2 unexpected reboots. Once when trying to answer a call and the other after hanging up. 

Suddenly the phone displayed the black screen with the colored circles zipping around and then displayed "android" on the screen before restarting.