Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Just got the OTA notification for 5.0.

Is it worth the jump considering a few of the bugs at this point?

Id say yes

my top 5 'issues' in no order

1. full blown silent removed from ringer rocker

2. Maps (yes google maps) not tracking me correctly when navigating

3. Time running on battery (now shows just a date on a graph - not an hour figure) is gone from the battery area of settings

4. The scrolling ticker for an incoming text message is gone - now its a persistent pop up that has to be swiped away

5. tapping outside of the quick settings drop down doesn't consistently work

Id say yes

3. Time running on battery (now shows just a date on a graph - not an hour figure) is gone from the battery area of settings

4. The scrolling ticker for an incoming text message is gone - now its a persistent pop up that has to be swiped away

yeah, the silent mode being removed boggles my mind.

GPS could be an issue. Is it not pinpointing your location correctly and causing navigation to be off? Cause that's a big problem if GPS isn't working right.

Did you get the battery draining wifi bug?

yeah, the silent mode being removed boggles my mind.

GPS could be an issue. Is it not pinpointing your location correctly and causing navigation to be off? Cause that's a big problem if GPS isn't working right.

Did you get the battery draining wifi bug?

it knows my location - but doesn't follow me exactly when i'm moving. I have to tap resume - otherwise it leaves my marker where I was when i pressed 'start navigating' this is a bug that may have already been fixed since i last used navigation (thursday)

I'm not sure if i've got the wifi battery bug - but i don't think so. 

it knows my location - but doesn't follow me exactly when i'm moving. I have to tap resume - otherwise it leaves my marker where I was when i pressed 'start navigating' this is a bug that may have already been fixed since i last used navigation (thursday)

I'm not sure if i've got the wifi battery bug - but i don't think so. 

I think I'm going to make the jump today when I get home. 

I'll give it a day or two to figure out if I'm having battery issues and if so I'll do a factory reset or wipe cache to see if it helps.

Id say yes

for the issue with "silent" option being removed, it seems they want you to use the new "priority" settings. From what I'm reading you have to go into the settings and decide which apps/notifications you want.

Id say yes

all you do is tap vol up OR down.  then click 'none'.

this means you will get no alerts/notifications/etc.

my understanding is that this would just not give me the notification (which is not something i'm looking to do) - I just down't want the vibrate or sound.

my understanding is that this would just not give me the notification (which is not something i'm looking to do) - I just down't want the vibrate or sound.

yes i believe that is how it works too.  if you want it to notify you visually but without a sound you just set that up in system, sound&notification to your liking.

This had some good user info regarding the "priority" settings... http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-5-0-lollipop/462777-no-more-silent-mode.html

Of course, I've yet to mess with it myself, but I'll know more tonight after I download the OTA.

This.

Yeah, I had to figure that out right before watching a movie last Friday.

I used to silence my phone by holding the power button and then selecting silent, but that option is gone now as well. Holding the power button now just has "Power off". It was faster to do that for me than pressing down on the volume rocker until it goes into silent mode, so that was my normal method.

Kind of unintuitive in my opinion. I think the word "silent" is more specific than "none", and I couldn't figure it out for a minute. It's not really a bug, more of an inconvenience in the sense that something that used to be there is now replaced by something else, and there's no real indication of it other than figuring it out yourself or Googling it.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the update. Just have to get used to new ways of doing the same things.

• Like 1

Off the Lollipop topic for a question:

I've picked up some b26 lately in my office where my phone would normally drop b25 and hang on to 3G. I can't get it without cycling airplane mode though. It goes, b25 to dropping to 3G.

It will hold the b26 around - 113dbm. But only as long as I'm using it. If it sits idle on b26, it drops back to 3g, even if I haven't moved or the signal hasn't gotten back worse.

The other problem is that once I drop from b26 down to 3G that the 3G signal is dead. It's unusable, even though it reads that it's active.

Thoughts?

since moving to the 5.0 official the phone hangs on to LTE much better than it did on 4.4.4 even using the same radio.

I agree even with the same radio as the preview it hands off between bands and switches back to LTE much better.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LTE Discovery tells me that I'm connected to Band 26/41 but am not able to have any data transmitted to me. I then lose service completely then it latches onto B25. When on Band 25, data is flawless as before. Anyone have this problem?

I called Sprint advanced tech and was told that the specific towers have a EVDO issue. What exactly is that? Doesn't sound like a eCSFB issue..

LTE Discovery tells me that I'm connected to Band 26/41 but am not able to have any data transmitted to me. I then lose service completely then it latches onto B25. When on Band 25, data is flawless as before. Anyone have this problem?

I called Sprint advanced tech and was told that the specific towers have a EVDO issue. What exactly is that? Doesn't sound like a eCSFB issue..

EvDO issue sounds to me like something's wrong with eHRPD...? But that shouldn't affect LTE. Do you get eHRPD from that tower?

• Like 1

EvDO issue sounds to me like something's wrong with eHRPD...? But that shouldn't affect LTE. Do you get eHRPD from that tower?

Didn't really check because most of the time it would go straight to B25. 

When speaking to this tech, he told me that my issue is characteristic of "an EVDO issue". Just wanted to see if anyone had it...I still have suspicions it may be my phone's antenna....

• Like 1