Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm aware of that but the link shows the ota files. Not the factory images.

I at least answered your question, though, didn't I?

If you flash an OTA zip file (or most flashable zips from XDA), you also won't lose any data. Edit: Flashing an OTA zip file will make your recovery stock, though, if your recovery is custom like TWRP or CWM.

I was just trying to cover all bases since you weren't specific on which way you your trying to sideload the update.

Flashed the factory image last night. Wow this thing still has that issue where you have to update prl to get mms to download. Was hoping that would get patched up for the final release.

every time or just the first time after flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you can flash factory images and keep data by removing the "-w" from the flashall.bat file.

or manually flashing each partition.

you must still be oem unlocked (which does wipe all data).

When trying to flash the OTA from TWRP it gave me an error.  I have done it this way with kitkat.  With this update I had to put the stock recovery on and then ADB sideload the OTA zip to not have it error out.

This is the OTA zip for anyone completely stock and not wanting to wait for the OTA.  It does not wipe data but you do have to use ADB to sideload it.

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_hammerhead/c1a33561be84a8a6a7d5a4c8e3463c4db9352ce6.signed-hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84P.c1a33561.zip

When trying to flash the OTA from TWRP it gave me an error.  I have done it this way with kitkat.  With this update I had to put the stock recovery on and then ADB sideload the OTA zip to not have it error out.

This is the OTA zip for anyone completely stock and not wanting to wait for the OTA.  It does not wipe data but you do have to use ADB to sideload it.

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_hammerhead/c1a33561be84a8a6a7d5a4c8e3463c4db9352ce6.signed-hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84P.c1a33561.zip

Is there a step by step guide for how to use this somewhere?

XDA has numerous guides in the section for the n5. I'd link one but I'm lazy and searching is easy: P.

1) Download the OTA.zip on your PC, rename the file update.zip, then place file in the same directory as adb.
2) Make sure you have USB Debugging checking in the Developer Options, then connect your phone.
3) Open the command prompt from the directory above on your PC and type the command: 'adb reboot recovery'
4) When in recovery, you’ll see an android laying down. Press volume up and release. The menu will appear. Select “apply update from adb”
5) Using the command prompt type: 'adb sideload update.zip' The file will load and the update will begin.
6) When completed, select reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/info-nexus-5-ota-help-desk-t2523217

1) Download the OTA.zip on your PC, rename the file update.zip, then place file in the same directory as adb.

2) Make sure you have USB Debugging checking in the Developer Options, then connect your phone.

3) Open the command prompt from the directory above on your PC and type the command: 'adb reboot recovery'

4) When in recovery, you’ll see an android laying down. Press volume up and release. The menu will appear. Select “apply update from adb”

5) Using the command prompt type: 'adb sideload update.zip' The file will load and the update will begin.

6) When completed, select reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/info-nexus-5-ota-help-desk-t2523217

Make sure to have the latest version of adb as well, or else you won't be able to do it. A copy of it is attached to the bottom of the first post in the XDA link that liveToCheck posted.

These instructions are doing a good job of making me feel dumb, lol. I'm confused just trying to figure out how to download the sdk and fastboot tool

Go onto XDA, they have a bare essentials version of the SDK thats a lot simpler. And literally a guide for everything you could want.

well, this didn't work out so well. I got into fastboot somehow and accidentally hit wipe cache, then panicked and shut down the phone real quick because that wasn't what I meant to hit.

Upon rebooting my phone it came back on but with no service and showing no provider. It wouldn't let me get it and update prl or anything because under 'about phone' it was showing no provider/no service.

someone help me get back to normal and I'll just wait for the OTA, lol

well, this didn't work out so well. I got into fastboot somehow and accidentally hit wipe cache, then panicked and shut down the phone real quick because that wasn't what I meant to hit.

Upon rebooting my phone it came back on but with no service and showing no provider. It wouldn't let me get it and update prl or anything because under 'about phone' it was showing no provider/no service.

someone help me get back to normal and I'll just wait for the OTA, lol

I'm surprised wiping the cache had that effect on your phone.

I don't know if this will work since you have "no provider/no service", but it should be worth a try.

Go into your phone app, then type *#*#72786#*#* and your phone should try reactivating itself on Sprint.

Edit: Actually, rereading your post, it was probably not the wiping cache that cause this, but the fact that you shut down the phone in the middle of wiping the cache. Hopefully, you didn't accidentally erase something in the flash memory that was holding your phone information. That might be unfixable unless you happened to have your EFS backed up.

Wiping the cache is harmless. I just did it to my phone. When it came back up it said "no service" as well, but after about it minute it was back on Sprint.   

Go into recovery, wipe cache, let it finish, reboot, and let it sit for a few minutes .

yeah, didn't work... maybe just factory reset?

google play services errors and everything popping up, along with no service.

Oh no... Good luck. I hope something works. The 72786 code is usually the one thing that fixes all telephony related issues with my smartphones, but I've been doing a lot less modifications to my Nexus 5 compared to my Galaxy S 3 from a long time ago, so I haven't had to do that ever since I switched.

that did it, thanks! Now I'll just wait for the OTA, lol. I swear I used to be smarter with computers than this.... I think at some point over the last 5-6 years, this stuff just passed me by.

yea forget it i keep getting cmd.exe and java are blocking installation,  OTA i will wait.  I miss update from sdcard 

Band 25 can be disabled now with 5.0. I don't remember being able to do that on kit kat, makes finding b41/b26 easier. The radio band select menu also doesn't crash anymore with several options. USA band, Japan band, band mode 6 and band mode 7.

• Like 1

Band 25 can be disabled now with 5.0. I don't remember being able to do that on kit kat, makes finding b41/b26 easier. The radio band select menu also doesn't crash anymore with several options. USA band, Japan band, band mode 6 and band mode 7.

Band 25 can be disabled while leaving 26 and 41 on? Previously disabling B25 would turn off all LTE.