Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

It's improved for me, I had nearly 3 hours of on screen time at 58% battery earlier before I hooked up the charger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop

I wonder why my battery life is so horrible. I don't set max brightness, I don't play games on it much either. I watch vids, do a little productivity and browse the web, I don't even takes pics or video much anymore.

I wonder why my battery life is so horrible. I don't set max brightness, I don't play games on it much either. I watch vids, do a little productivity and browse the web, I don't even takes pics or video much anymore.

My battery life has increased as well. What battery life are you getting?

Project Volta has been a fail for my nexus 5. Battery life has been terrible nice lollipop. I get less than 2 1/2 hours of on screen time since the update even with low brightness. I wonder how battery life is for the nexus 6?

about 2 and 15 mins of on screen time.

I got 4hrs of SOT yesterday the best I've gotten on this phone since I purchased it last November. I also removed a bunch of preloaded apps I don't use with titanium backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've seen a big increase in battery life.  I vaguely remember 12 hours on battery with 41% battery left and around 20 min screen time.  Standby seem to use almost no battery.  I'll pay more attention to it today.

Has anyone have problems with Wi-Fi in Lollipop? Wi-Fi access point that have been connected lose connection and a "authentication failure" message impedes an automatic reconnection to the access point. A manual connect or switching on/off Wi-Fi fixes it. Also I'm not seeing great battery life and I guess it's Wi-Fi related.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Has anyone have problems with Wi-Fi in Lollipop? Wi-Fi access point that have been connected lose connection and a "authentication failure" message impedes an automatic reconnection to the access point. A manual connect or switching on/off Wi-Fi fixes it. Also I'm not seeing great battery life and I guess it's Wi-Fi related.

that could be a good point, I was having WiFi issues but I just shut it off unless I'm doing something big.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

that could be a good point, I was having WiFi issues but I just shut it off unless I'm doing something big.

Just noticed that even though I have Wi-Fi off, in the battery data it appears on. a6917bf2d30111a68ab76a145f195736.jpg

c93ce06e53ba86fdc7f570dfb6256715.jpg

Can someone confirm that if you have Wi-Fi off it wouldn't appear on the battery data?

Just noticed that even though I have Wi-Fi off, in the battery data it appears on.

Can someone confirm that if you have Wi-Fi off it wouldn't appear on the battery data?

ya that will be the case if you have the location over WiFi checked

Edited by Mr.Nuke
Don't quote a whole post with two enormous photos
  • Like 1

boy this is weird.  trying to update the OTA files with custom recovery and the zip fails.  I have 4.4.4 and have for quite awhile.  The error states that it can not proceed because i have KVT49L installed..... that was software for the Nexus 7 and is the Verizon edition.  Wtf?

I had to use stock recovery and side load the OTA.  I tried using TWRP and flashing it like I did with previous OTA's but it just gave me an error that did not seem related to the recovery.  Put the stock recovery on and side loaded with ADB and it worked fine.

yes i have also experienced this wifi problem with both of my nexus 5's

I had to use stock recovery and side load the OTA.  I tried using TWRP and flashing it like I did with previous OTA's but it just gave me an error that did not seem related to the recovery.  Put the stock recovery on and side loaded with ADB and it worked fine.

how do i do that? you didnt lose anything right?  i suppose if that were the case you would have just flashed the entire factory image.

how do i do that? you didnt lose anything right? i suppose if that were the case you would have just flashed the entire factory image.

You can flash parts of the factory image separately, flashing the recovery shouldn't lose any user data. Flashing the full image will cause you to lose data though.

Have you turned off always on WiFi scanning in settings -> WiFi -> advanced?

Everything is off. There is a thread in XDA regarding this issue. Apparently plenty of Nexus 5 owners are experiencing the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/battery-drain-t2939701

Have you turned off always on WiFi scanning in settings -> WiFi -> advanced?

Everything is off. There is a thread in XDA regarding this issue. Apparently plenty of Nexus 5 owners are experiencing the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/battery-drain-t2939701

Now that you mention it, it looks like I'm having the same issue as well. I double checked, and I do have Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> "Scanning always available" unchecked, but from 10 AM, which is when I tuned off WiFi, to now, I still have WiFi "on" according to the battery history graph..

This is probably that same WiFi battery drain bug that was supposedly squished a while ago on Lollipop. Hopefully this isn't the next Camera Daemon bug that plagued KitKat.

Anyone know if the Nexus 5 has a stronger radio/antenna (in terms of LTE connectivity) than the Galaxy S5? Trying to figure out which phone latches on the an LTE tower better.

Edited by guirae