Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

i just flashed and am noticing better reception. I used to never get lte in my room and now i do. How do i check which band i am on?

You can either install SignalCheck or type *#*#33824#*#* in the dialer and go to LTE Engineering. 

You can either install SignalCheck or type *#*#33824#*#* in the dialer and go to LTE Engineering. 

do you have to buy the pro version of signal check? with the free one i cant see band information anywhere

do you have to buy the pro version of signal check? with the free one i cant see band information anywhere

If you don't see any specific band information (Sprint B26 or Sprint B41), you're still on Sprint B25. Check the debug menu just to be sure though!

• Like 1

If you don't see a particular band 9 times out of 10 you are on B25. If your provider is showing Sprint (310120) it is B25. If provider is showing Sprint B26 (310120) it is B26. B41 should say Sprint B41 (311490). Hope that made sense to you.

• Like 1

Still no VoiceMail indicator.  I just left myself a message to test.  I thought that was one of the fixes!?  I have updated my Profile and tested a second time and still no indicator.  What a dissapointment.

well, my experience so far is bleh, my 1 m8 pulls b41 from home and work and a ton of places around stl, where as this new update has failed to show any b41 so far.

I guess I will see what I pull on the way to, and at work tomorrow.

what is the dialer code to force the phone to reinitiate hands free activation or does the update profile toggle do the same thing?

*#*#72786#*#*

Not the same as a profile update. Worth trying if you aren't seeing any non band 25 LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*#*#72786#*#*

Not the same as a profile update. Worth trying if you aren't seeing any non band 25 LTE.

that doesnt seem to get it to rerun hands free act.  the phone has a box showing it is rebooting but underneath that I can see another box waiting for user input but i cant get to it to accept.  grrr.

Man, this update is awesome! It went away, but for a second there the field test said I was connected to LTE "Band 51", which as we all know totally exists.

• Like 2

that doesnt seem to get it to rerun hands free act.  the phone has a box showing it is rebooting but underneath that I can see another box waiting for user input but i cant get to it to accept.  grrr.

No idea.  Try rebooting and try again.  It works for me (tried a couple times).

My initial impressions aren't very good with this modem.  B25 is much worse.  Probably a few dBm worse than the .23 radio - maybe more.

B26 is also worse than the .15 radio.  Completely losing LTE in areas I used to have a very usable signal. 

I read a few forums where some users were getting much better reception off this update...  Looks like Sprint got the shaft again.  I will probably give the modem a couple days, but I think I will end up going back to the .15 radio since there isn't any B41 around here.  Oh well... 

Edit - Also when comparing to my G2, this modem puts the N5 behind the G2...  One of the biggest reasons I bought a N5 was for the LTE connectivity.  Again, thankfully we can still go back to older modems.  I just wish we had a Spark ready modem at least close to the .15 modem's performance.

I'm on b26 with the new radio. The radio enables all the sprint bands.

Yeah I just stepped out and got B41.  55 Mbps down.  Not too bad.

I used to access the LTE engineering screen with the nexus 5 field test app, but it doesn't seem to be working after the update... Can anyone else verify?

I used to access the LTE engineering screen with the nexus 5 field test app, but it doesn't seem to be working after the update... Can anyone else verify?

Works fine here.

I just realized I get amazing voice signal from the Verizon tower or Verizon das in my building before it never connected. Always connected to metro pcs if anything or a weak sprint signal.