Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I would hope the OEM's and the big 4 would put pressure on them to push out an update, especially if it fixes data connection problems, so at the very least they don't have to hear about it from customers that have 4.4.2.

Not sure what the big 4 have to do with it. The phone doesn't work on VZW, it is not an official AT&T device (so they don't have to provide support). The only carriers that offered it officially are the little 2, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I like it. Its easier to snap a shot when you're not looking. I've missed shots because of missing the shutter button before.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Why would you not be looking when you're taking a picture? You shooting up skirts or something? Lol.

Even if the old camera displayed wrong I didn't notice and it looked a lot better aesthetically.

Why would you not be looking when you're taking a picture? You shooting up skirts or something? Lol.

Even if the old camera displayed wrong I didn't notice and it looked a lot better aesthetically.

Why does it have to look good? I thought a camera is supposed to take great pictures not look good while doing it. I rather have function over aesthetics.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure what the big 4 have to do with it. The phone doesn't work on VZW, it is not an official AT&T device (so they don't have to provide support). The only carriers that offered it officially are the little 2, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If 4.4.2 has bugs involving dropping data, the camera bug, battery drain etc, and they have devices running 4.4.2 (not just the nexus), they would want 4.4.3 to be released sooner rather than later so they can push it to their customers so their customers can stop calling support or going to stores complaining of said problems.

If 4.4.2 has bugs involving dropping data, the camera bug, battery drain etc, and they have devices running 4.4.2 (not just the nexus), they would want 4.4.3 to be released sooner rather than later so they can push it to their customers so their customers can stop calling support or going to stores complaining of said problems.

OEMs do not have to wait for Google to update the Nexus to address these issues. They are perfectly capable of fixing code themselves (and they usually do).

*edit*

Also, most of those bugs are Nexus specific.

OEMs do not have to wait for Google to update the Nexus to address these issues. They are perfectly capable of fixing code themselves (and they usually do).

*edit*

That be be true with non nexus devices, but it's my understanding that Google has final say on what gets pushed to nexus devices.

That be be true with non nexus devices, but it's my understanding that Google has final say on what gets pushed to nexus devices.

Correct, but the poster I quoted referenced other OEMs waiting on 4.4.3 to fix data/camera issues. . Those are Nexus specific. OEMs don't need to wait on Google to fix their own devices.

*edit*

This phone drives me absolutely nuts. Received my replacement n5 yesterday at work. Activated it after I got off last night....same f-ing problems. I want to hurt someone at LG!!!!!

This phone drives me absolutely nuts. Received my replacement n5 yesterday at work. Activated it after I got off last night....same f-ing problems. I want to hurt someone at LG!!!!!

What problem is that?

What problem is that?

Refuses to recognize LTE. Allegedly no ecsfb issues exist here. Also, despite what anyone says, this phone cannot match the S4's RF performance. This is my second n5 and it doesn't even compare. At least not where I live, work and play.

Refuses to recognize LTE. Allegedly no ecsfb issues exist here. Also, despite what anyone says, this phone cannot match the S4's RF performance. This is my second n5 and it doesn't even compare. At least not where I live, work and play.

I just scooped up a N5 this week and the RF performance is amazing.  Also, if you want even better performance flash the .15 radio...  Unbelievable. 

I'm pretty sure I have seen a few people on here with the N5 in the Atlanta area without any problems.  As hard as it may be to believe, it HAS to be the device.  What are the odds of 2 bum devices?  Low as hell, but it is the only thing that makes sense.  Or a sim card issue.  I wish you the best of luck.  This device is truly amazing.  Coming from the G2, it blows it away in every area except possibly battery life and the camera, but neither are big issues to me since I always have a charger on me, and I don't use my phone for pictures.

I'm now thinking you have a SIM card issue. Do you know if they gave you the same SIM card? Also is this the same store that refuse to help you originally?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm now thinking you have a SIM card issue. Do you know if they gave you the same SIM card? Also is this the same store that refuse to help you originally?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

ya make sure the SIM card is properly provisioned by sprint.  the odds of having 2 faulty "different" phones with the same prob is next to zero.  has to be user error here...

• Like 1

I had a problem where the uccid on the Sim was not probably input into sprints system and I could not get any lte until the right uccid number was input into sprints system. Check and make sure the uccid matches up. If not you will never get LTE.

• Like 1

has to be user error here...

We used to call those "ID10T" errors.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

We used to call those "ID10T" errors.

;)

AJ

Clever joke but also entirely untrue in this case. I've done nothing to this phone besides activating it ( which took two Sprint chat sessions after work as it didn't even seem to want to activate). So user error is certainly not a factor.

I had a problem where the uccid on the Sim was not probably input into sprints system and I could not get any lte until the right uccid number was input into sprints system. Check and make sure the uccid matches up. If not you will never get LTE.

Thanks. I will look into this.

Clever joke but also entirely untrue in this case.

I was commenting on "user error," not your situation.

AJ

Thanks. I will look into this.

I would. It happened to me twice after sprint replaced two HTC one m7's after the speakers blew. The techs at the store never checked the uccid after activating the replacement devices.

• Like 1

putu5e9e.jpg

3ynaje5e.jpg

Does anybody know why it keeps adding a blank screen? I can't figure out why it does this. The only way I know how to get rid of it is to restart the phone.

Edited by flyer8493

Does anybody know why it jeeps adding a blank screen? I can't figure out why it does this. The only way I know how to get rid of it is to restart the phone.

Does it happen after installing an app? Mine does that, too. Just move an app to the blank screen, then delete it. I think it's a bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1