Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Yep. I have had two notices before but when they look at a certain site's rap sheet they understand and move on.

That's OK. Sprint is going to buy them soon . :-)

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303293604579256561000513396?mobile=y

Sorry. That was a respond to Coors

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

not positive, but it looks like MMS (picture messages) will only be received/sent while on mobile data (i'm on sprint) Wifi will not work from what I have seen. 

With Hangouts, or are you using a third party app? I am able to send MMS group and picture messages using Wi-Fi with Textra.

-Mike

That's true lol. Fortunately my office has pretty solid Tmobile service. I was pretty sad to get the notice tbh.

-Luis

Perhaps in a few months when the upgrades are more complete, you can go back to Sprint. Since you have a Nexus 5, it makes it really easy to swap back.

• Like 1

not sure if they would allow that...?

Anyone have some insight on this?

-Luis

After a couple of months, I am pretty sure Sprint considers you automatically as a "new" subscriber. Besides, I am sure you could talk to someone in CSR about how it was due to the network upgrades that caused the roaming issues. They need all the subscribers they can get, honestly.

So after my experience at the Sprint store it got me thinking. The tech wouldn't give me a SIM without having my phone there so he could activate. He won't be able to lock my phone down, right? Do the nexus 5's sold from Sprint on contract come unlocked for gsm use?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

So after my experience at the Sprint store it got me thinking. The tech wouldn't give me a SIM without having my phone there so he could activate. He won't be able to lock my phone down, right? Do the nexus 5's sold from Sprint on contract come unlocked for gsm use?

No, people have already swapped their phones back and forth between services.

• Like 1

So after my experience at the Sprint store it got me thinking. The tech wouldn't give me a SIM without having my phone there so he could activate. He won't be able to lock my phone down, right?

If you do not want the tech to lock your Nexus 5 to Sprint, you need to bring a note from your mom.

AJ

• Like 3

The same thing happened with my visit. The simm from Sprint WW cam in the mail a week later, and I would have activated via telephone or internet.

Which Sprint store you go to? If possible go to the one in Rio Rancho.

I went to the corporate store on Menaul. I may try a authorized dealer.

From calling around when I needed one, none of the authorized dealers carry them.

FORGIVE ANY LATE RESPONSES. sorry about the caps lock lol (been off for several days (if 6 counts as several. 600+ notifications)

10% ABV...pffft.  I'll take shots of Kraken or Sailor Jerry thank you.  Oh and a digibrew chaser please.

chasers? real men need no chasers. maybe you should just drink disaranno straight or with some ice. (28% abv)

I assume you're using the new (4.4.1) radio?  Curious about other people's experience on 4.4.2.  I've thus far not taken the time to sideload it (from 4.4), and haven't gotten an OTA yet.

my experience has been similar to the stock 4.4 radio. i sideloaded 4.4.1, and ota'd to 4.4.2.  unfortunately my area has had a lot of work being done so MMMV.  i had a few more radio issues on both 4.4.2 and 4.4.1 then on 4.4 but they seem to be slowly resolving themselves. now if only the 3 closet towers to me would work out their issues.  I have an ingress portal that i setup 500 feet from my house but the signal is abysmal and takes 10 mins to get any data connection (even 3g) regardless of restarts, airplane mode, etc

From what I read hear it appears that Google Voice is the way to go for now (there still seems to be issues with notifications).  I have used Google Voice for voice mail since the original Droid and have not looked back.

depending on your signal strength (or not) i have always found gvoice to get texts even before the hangouts app or any other sms program.  Currently using hangouts and gvoice concurrently until all of the issues get worked out

Just bought my son the nexus 5 on amazon $35. So from what I have read it won't come with a Sim card or have I misunderstood?

it will most likely not come with a sim card.  if you need me to mail one out to you, hit me up in PM.  You may want to see if your local stores have any 3ff sims in stock.  i can probably get a spare out to you faster than worldchat