Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I was wrong about the 1x icon.... I signal check after the update to 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 doesn't refresh automatically so it may have showed 1x but was actually connected to ev-do at the time... I mispoke on that matter...

Dirty flashed to 4.4.2 from a clean install of 4.4.1 and still no voicemail indicator. Do I need to wipe cache/delvik cache?

It can't hurt to try, other than having to wait a few minutes on reboot for the cache to rebuild. I have seen posts by others on Sprint's community board that the voicemail indicator problem is still not resolved.

Anyone having a high % of battery use on 4.4.2 from play services? I'm stock unrooted with a pretty normal set of apps.

I have been running 4.4.2 for about 16 hours and see hardly any play services usage. After upgrading, it might need to "do stuff" so give it a day or so to settle. If you're not suffering from severe battery drain, don't sweat it.

-Mike

• Like 1

It can't hurt to try, other than having to wait a few minutes on reboot for the cache to rebuild. I have seen posts by others on Sprint's community board that the voicemail indicator problem is still not resolved.

I had my N5 for about a month before I realized I had never had a voicemail icon appear.  Checked my VM, and had 5 messages waiting.  <_<   Moved to GV for VM only and haven't looked back.  The transcription is pretty awful, but you can usually get the gist of it, and I can always listen to it if need be.

I had my N5 for about a month before I realized I had never had a voicemail icon appear. Checked my VM, and had 5 messages waiting. <_ moved to gv for vm only and haven looked back. the transcription is pretty awful but you can usually get gist of it i always listen if need be.>

Totally agree. There is a little reason not to do the basic GV voicemail connection IMO. So much better in terms of the app, email and SMS notification than standard VM.

If not, I contacted Sprint Worldwide Chat and they shipped me a sim card right away, for free, no questions asked.  I contacted them last Wed, and they got it to me today for free--No shipping charge either (also, they do have a 12 dollar overnight shipping option). 

Edit: Here is the link to chat: http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Worldwide chat has worked well two times now.  The Corporate Sprint store on I-240 would not give up a SIM, claimed that they didn't have any, that the 11/9 shipment never came in. 

Got both phones activated via regular chat though both times the reps at first could not find the phone ID numbers in their system.  Both eventually did find the numbers and activate the phones but curious that both blamed me for giving bad info (though the chat documentation emails show that I did provide proper information).

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kJt80PGysog/UqdpkuiSLoI/AAAAAAAAB5E/7fjNDeSAjys/w385-h684-no/2013-12-10

Anyone seen this before?  My icon for the microphone is slightly different than usual and I cannot use "OK Google" anymore to open the microphone.  Everything else works with Google Search... Pretty weird.  I have only experienced this once before and opening / closing the app a couple of times reset it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kJt80PGysog/UqdpkuiSLoI/AAAAAAAAB5E/7fjNDeSAjys/w385-h684-no/2013-12-10

Anyone seen this before? My icon for the microphone is slightly different than usual and I cannot use "OK Google" anymore to open the microphone. Everything else works with Google Search... Pretty weird. I have only experienced this once before and opening / closing the app a couple of times reset it.

Not sure. Mine looks similar except the microphone is solid like. My Ok Google command still works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone seen this before? My icon for the microphone is slightly different than usual and I cannot use "OK Google" anymore to open the microphone. Everything else works with Google Search... Pretty weird. I have only experienced this once before and opening / closing the app a couple of times reset it.

I believe that outline-style icon means the microphone is not actively listening for voice commands. When the icon is solid, it is actively listening. Perhaps you disabled it, or something else shut it off automatically, maybe low battery? (Just a guess there, no idea if it would do that.)

-Mike

• Like 1

I believe that outline-style icon means the microphone is not actively listening for voice commands. When the icon is solid, it is actively listening. Perhaps you disabled it, or something else shut it off automatically, maybe low battery? (Just a guess there, no idea if it would do that.)

-Mike

Yep that is correct, it has to be solid for it to listen for the 'ok google or ok jarvis' command.

I found issues when not having the language set to US English.

Yep that is correct, it has to be solid for it to listen for the 'ok google or ok jarvis' command.

I found issues when not having the language set to US English.

-Mike

Not sure. Mine looks similar except the microphone is solid like. My Ok Google command still works. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And like that, it is back to normal... I wonder why it is doing that.

Hah. I ordered a SIM card on November 2. It STILL has not been shipped, despite 3 requests for an updated status early on. Each time I was told it was backordered and I should wait a couple of weeks. Well, now it appears to be in perpetual limbo.

Thankfully, I walked into a Sprint repair center the day before I got my phone and was handed a SIM card by a knowledgeable and friendly rep. 

I track the SIM card order placed on the internet now as a method of amusement. One day in a few years a SIM card will arrive in my mailbox and I won't have any clue why....

How do you eject the Sim card? A paperclip seems too big to fit, and there was no ejector tool in the box. :/

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  You should have bought the Nexus 5 from Google Play.

AJ

• Like 3

I have the OTA notification for 4.4.2... Do you guys know if I can just flash the ZIP in CWM or do I need to return to stock?

I downloaded the full 4.4.2 stock rooted ROM at xda flashed it and wiped cache and delvik cache. Only thing it installed was the ROM itself. No bootloader, no radio, etc.

The one I downloaded was extracted by bigxie.

Sent from my Nexus 5 (RF Beast)

• Like 1

I have the OTA notification for 4.4.2... Do you guys know if I can just flash the ZIP in CWM or do I need to return to stock?

If you didn't modify any of the system files then let it eat.  I heard some folks had to reapply CWM/TWRP afterwards.  And many of us flashed the old modem back of course.

• Like 1

If you are updating from 4.4.1, you probably don't need to revert anything because the changes are minimal. Give it a try.. worst-case scenario, you will get an error message; it doesn't cause any harm. If it fails, then you likely just need to flash the stock system.img first.

-Mike

• Like 1

Just updated to 4.4.2, man when using ART the rebuilding takes FOREVER...

Yes, rebuilding is best grounded in SCIENCE and ENGINEERING...

:P

AJ

• Like 3