Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Is anyone experiencing any time zone issues with their phone? I have my phone set so that the time and time zone is based on my network location. I do not have any other problems anywhere else but on this trip I have had four or five cases in the last two days of my phone switching from Pacific time to mountain time spontaneously. It always happens in the same location in Fremont California on this tower. I have been in the Bay Area for two days and have not had any issues on any other towers.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago when I activated mine... it kept thinking I was on Atlantic time instead of Eastern time.  I just set it to manual and forgot about it.  I almost never travel outside of the Eastern time zone anyway.

I also went straight from 4.4 to 4.4.2 two days ago.  Never got to enjoy the short stop along the way.

Some other thoughts:  I have not had any adverse effects of using ART, battery life is improved.  Not like 50% improved, but I would venture a guess around 15%-20%.  Speaker volume performance seems to have improved with this update.  And...I love my Spigen Neo-Hybrid case on my N5.  Best case ever!  

On AT&T, there is no difference in RF performance on WCDMA on 4.4.2.  I hope it improves on LTE, as on Band 12, the N5 was not as good.  Seemed about the same as a really good Band 25 signal on Sprint.  Currently, the closest live AT&T LTE is 50 miles.  Will try it out in a few weeks in the same locations.

Robert

Has anyone had issues with calls going directly to voicemail while their N5 is connected to LTE? I use Google Voice for voicemail only. When I am home, I have a solid (usually around -90 dB) LTE signal. I have received many calls while at home, but a handful have gone directly to voicemail when I know the phone was connected to a strong signal and I wasn't on a call. It just happened again about a half hour ago, but a few minutes after that, I received a call without any problems, and I was sitting in the same spot with the same signal level. Time of day and day of week do not appear to be relevant, and there hasn't been any work on the towers in my area in several months. Now that I think of it, it's happened when I was out and about as well, in known accepted and "good" LTE signal areas.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Mike

Has anyone had issues with calls going directly to voicemail while their N5 is connected to LTE? I use Google Voice for voicemail only. When I am home, I have a solid (usually around -90 dB) LTE signal. I have received many calls while at home, but a handful have gone directly to voicemail when I know the phone was connected to a strong signal and I wasn't on a call. It just happened again about a half hour ago, but a few minutes after that, I received a call without any problems, and I was sitting in the same spot with the same signal level. Time of day and day of week do not appear to be relevant, and there hasn't been any work on the towers in my area in several months. Now that I think of it, it's happened when I was out and about as well, in known accepted and "good" LTE signal areas.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Mike

I have had this issue and so have lots of other people on other forums. Google sent me a email to send a bug report the next time that it happens. However with the RF signal weaker after the 4.2 update the phone stays more connected to 3g when I am home where as before it held on to a weak LTE signal. It seems this is a issue that happens when on LTE only for me!

Anyone else seeing this?

-Mike

I haven't missed any calls thus far.

I do sit on LTE at home, a -110 to -115dBm level. Texts and calls come through just fine. Though I hardly ever answer with my N5, I have GV forward the calls to my home phone since I sometimes have problem with the 1x signal being to weak in my house.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Mike

I've missed a couple of calls while connected to LTE.  It was a particularly weak LTE signal so I wonder if that made a difference on the CSFB side of things.

I've missed a couple of calls while connected to LTE.  It was a particularly weak LTE signal so I wonder if that made a difference on the CSFB side of things.

That is when things fail with me as welll when there is a weak LTE signal, but it happens on other carriers with the N5, and they seem to report it happening when connected to LTE.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Is anyone experiencing any time zone issues with their phone? I have my phone set so that the time and time zone is based on my network location. I do not have any other problems anywhere else but on this trip I have had four or five cases in the last two days of my phone switching from Pacific time to mountain time spontaneously. It always happens in the same location in Fremont California on this tower. I have been in the Bay Area for two days and have not had any issues on any other towers.

I had that issue a while back for several weeks, had to call and get a network ticket opened to correct it.

I have a theory on why we haven't seen an update for tri-band yet. When I enabled band 41 on my n5 (1st day I got it) I noticed that standby battery life was terrible when not on Wi-Fi. Maybe around 5+% drop per hour. Today I disabled band 41 and was surprised to see how much better my standby battery life was.

• Like 1

I have a theory on why we haven't seen an update for tri-band yet. When I enabled band 41 on my n5 (1st day I got it) I noticed that standby battery life was terrible when not on Wi-Fi. Maybe around 5+% drop per hour. Today I disabled band 41 and was surprised to see how much better my standby battery life was.

That's odd. I've had Band 41 enabled since Thanksgiving, and still see excellent standby time. As in unplugged since 8 this morning, sitting at 90% right now.

You may have band 41 TD-LTE 2600 enabled, and you have live sites around you, but you are blocked from connecting to them.  That could help to explain your experience.

AJ

Hey guys. Do I need anything when going to the Sprint store to get a SIM? Do I need the primary account holder, the phone with me?

Yes, you need a permission slip from your mom.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

I have one from your mom. She signed it last night;)

My mom is a doctor. I take it she signed a prescription for your eHERPIES.

AJ

• Like 4

My mom is a doctor. I take it she signed a prescription for your eHERPIES.

AJ

I see what you did there... In all seriousness, does Sprint need to pull my account up before they will hand over a sim card?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I see what you did there... In all seriousness, does Sprint need to pull my account up before they will hand over a sim card?

The situation varies from store to store, even employee to employee. Free floating SIM cards are a new experience for Sprint. Go in, cross your fingers, and hope for the best.

AJ

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

For me they wanted to have the phone in hand before giving me a simm, but in the end I got one after handing it over. They activated it and I walked away. When I called on thephone to Sprint World Wide they just sent one to me in the mail for free.

For me they wanted to have the phone in hand before giving me a simm, but in the end I got one after handing it over. They activated it and I walked away. When I called on thephone to Sprint World Wide they just sent one to me in the mail for free.

So I can probably order one online via chat and try my luck in a store?  

I was just in a corporate store tonight to get a UICC for my girlfriends nexus 5(She gets an early christmas present this weekend), and they just pulled up my account and marked it as receiving a card. Nothing to it.

Has the 32gig registration issue been fixed? I've read mixed reviews on the net. And as nice as the people are at the stores, one of the reps asked me where I got it and I told him through the google play store and he asked if I got the sprint or the GSM version cause there are 2 different models apparently... They need to be trained a little bit better.