Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

For me they wanted to have the phone in hand before giving me a simm...

Did you get Phil, Chris, or Matt? I could understand, though, why they might be careful before giving you one of the Simms.

AJ

• Like 2

Did you get Phil, Chris, or Matt? I could understand, though, why they might be careful before giving you one of the Simms.

AJ

rofl.....THEY said they needed to see the phone to make sure that they were giving me the right simm for the phone. We can't all be like you and inspite of that you are all we have;)

I ordered mine online with Sprint WW first when the phone was slated to come in after 2 weeks. Sprint WW told me I had a 2 week wait for the simm However the phone came to my door 3 days later, and I decided to go to the Sprint Corporate store. The 1st store was clueless the second store new right away what I wanted but wanted to check the phone to be sure.

I have one from Sprint WW laying around somewhere along with the free simms that I ordered from Tmoblie when they advertised them for free!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Has the 32gig registration issue been fixed? I've read mixed reviews on the net.

I did not have any issues activating my wife's 32GB Nexus 5 about 3 weeks ago. Sprint put all the 32GB MEID's in their system within a few days of release.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

That's a Samsung thing I think. Just load the modem zip file via a custom recovery.

That is what I thought, I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing it. Sounds like unlock bootloader and root is the way to go. Just don't want to lose all my stuffs. :(

That is what I thought, I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing it. Sounds like unlock bootloader and root is the way to go. Just don't want to lose all my stuffs. :(

I activated mine.. Toyed around with a few things for 10 minutes to make sure it all worked. Unlocked the bootloader and rooted 5 min later. I like Xprivacy, Titanium Backup, and a few others too much. Plus I like having full backups of the device.

• Like 3

Did the 4.4.2 update last night. Signal strength according to SignalCheck app is about 8-10dBm lower than before, HOWEVER, I have been able to hold LTE in all places that I was able to before. This leads me to believe that if you're having problems holding LTE with the new update, its more of a market saturation issue, building you're in issue etc.... Just my $.02.

• Like 2

Did the 4.4.2 update last night. Signal strength according to SignalCheck app is about 8-10dBm lower than before, HOWEVER, I have been able to hold LTE in all places that I was able to before. This leads me to believe that if you're having problems holding LTE with the new update, its more of a market saturation issue, building you're in issue etc.... Just my $.02.

I used to get a weak LTE signal near UPS before the update.not anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I used to get a weak LTE signal near UPS before the update.not anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What was the signal strength in dBm? I think the threshold is about -115 to -117 dBm before it starts looking to 3G.

My phone still shows 3 bars at -112dBm.

Except that's not the problem. The signal was usable even though it was weak. Now you don't have the option to use it.

Mine locks on to a -110 or worse LTE signals friendly. It's particularly bad in Phoenix because we are early into the LTE deployment. I finally had to just put the phone into 3G only and leave it in order to have reliable data. It probably have to stay this way until a lot more towers broadcast LTE than there are today.

-110dBm signal is highly variable in usability, based on signal quality, sector loading, etc. I have had 15Mbps at -110dBm RSRP before. And I have had virtually zero throughput too. It's highly variable. On Band 41, you could even hit 30Mbps with -110dBm in some instances. A threshold just based on signal strength is not a sound demarcation point.

It needs to be network controlled ideally in this situation.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Mine locks on to a -110 or worse LTE signals friendly. It's particularly bad in Phoenix because we are early into the LTE deployment. I finally had to just put the phone into 3G only and leave it in order to have reliable data. It probably have to stay this way until a lot more towers broadcast LTE than there are today.

In a 100% PCS LTE complete location right now but that doesn't make you not have a weak signal. I have -116 signal pulling 3 megabit down. Much better than I would on EVDO. The new update would have me using EVDO here. No thanks. Glad I have a choice until 800LTE gets here.

• Like 2

So I just joined the nexus 5 bandwagon. My father gave me an early Xmas present lol. Unfortunately I'm with Tmobile since sprint kicked me out cause I was roaming too much :(

But I like the phone. I thought the speaker wasn't gonna be comparable to the HTC one. But its pretty decent :D

-Luis

Unfortunately I'm with Tmobile since sprint kicked me out cause I was roaming too much :(

No need to worry anymore. There is no roaming available.

;)

AJ

• Like 1