Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Funny you should say that I removed my plastic case and BAM LTE popped in I'll test it on my drive later. Could just have been an awesome coincidence.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know this isnt an accessory thread, but I would be curious what case you are using.  Maybe we will start to see a pattern.    

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516913

[APP] Enable Battery Percentage (Android 4.4)

That app allows you to enable battery percentage in your battery icon without root on stock 4.4 for anyone that is interested.

• Like 3

On the way to work it would not connect to LTE after a few miles on the freeway.

I think you may be on to something!  I had a solid LTE signal from my house to work yesterday.  When I went out for lunch in an area that had WiMax towers and 'may' be live on TD-LTE, 1900 MHz LTE wouldn't connect.  On my way home, LTE picked right back up where it left off before.  Hmm.....

• Like 2

For those with LTE signal issues.  Are you using a case at all?  Could that be part of the problem?

I get signal near home without any issues, but at work I get forced to CDMA. I tried without a case here at work and got no change. I'm using the Spigen Neo Hybrid

I know that. Wishful thinking I suppose, but couldn't you be on band 41 and 26 LTE without the carrier aggregation and not call it Spark?

I hope I word this correctly so it won't sound like I am spreading rumors. I was hoping the 2014 update was referring to carrier aggregation too and 2600 and 800 would still work. I'm kind of sad it didn't work out that way. At work my NV upgraded site is overloaded and my LTE speed is almost as bad as before on 3G in work hours. I get nice fast LTE before about 7 AM.

Did anyone else finally get their shipping date updated this morning? I ordered mine on the 1st and it said 2-3 weeks now it says shipping November 22nd which obviously sucks since that date is exactly three weeks from my order date.

What's interesting is that when active Verizon SIM is inserted in Nexus 5, you can only toggle LTE Only, and 3GPP technologies. It will not allow toggling 3GPP2 at all. But then again, I'm not successfully attaching to Verizon which could explain this behavior carrying over previous (T-Mobile) settings.

It's extremely frustrating not to be able to utilize this great Cat 4 UE on Verizon's 20Mhz B4 that's active here.

My Verizon MicroSIM card resulted in no connection. No bars shown...nothing. It wouldn't even show Verizon on the lock screen as the Carrier. Whereas Sprint actually shows up as the Carrier name when I put a Sprint SIM in. And I'm 400 miles from Sprint service! :(

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Did anyone else finally get their shipping date updated this morning? I ordered mine on the 1st and it said 2-3 weeks now it says shipping November 22nd which obviously sucks since that date is exactly three weeks from my order date.

I am in the same boat.  Went from 2-3 weeks to 11/22.  

I think you may be on to something! I had a solid LTE signal from my house to work yesterday. When I went out for lunch in an area that had WiMax towers and 'may' be live on TD-LTE, 1900 MHz LTE wouldn't connect. On my way home, LTE picked right back up where it left off before. Hmm.....

Are all people having LTE issues in Band 41 markets? Is it possible your device sees the Band 41 site and not allowing you to connect to Band 25 LTE?

• Like 2

My Verizon MicroSIM card resulted in no connection. No bars shown...nothing. It wouldn't even show Verizon on the lock screen as the Carrier. Whereas Sprint actually shows up as the Carrier name when I put a Sprint SIM in. And I'm 400 miles from Sprint service! :(

Wow, Verizon really does not want the Nexus 5 on their network, eh?

I plan to grab T-Mobile and AT&T SIMs without activating them to see if they will at least show a network connection. I realized that I might be able to test out my app on many networks by swapping out the SIM instead of keeping multiple test phones around for each carrier. No activation necessary, since I don't actually use data or minutes.. fingers crossed. This whole SIM thing is new to a long time CDMA-only guy.

-Mike

• Like 6

Yeah I'm not successfully attaching to Verizon at all. No bars, although sometimes i'd briefly see "Verizon Wireless" in PhoneInfo. Even my phone number is unavailable. 

I emailed my Verizon rep and asked him to add the IMEI to my account. Told him it's a Galaxy Nexus lol. Doubt it'll actually happen, but lets see ...

Are all people having LTE issues in Band 41 markets? Is it possible your device sees the Band 41 site and not allowing you to connect to Band 25 LTE?

Is Raleigh a Band 41 market???  :P I know you know Robert!

Edit: I'll be traveling to Greenville NC this weekend, and while they have B25 LTE (relatively new), I'm pretty sure they do NOT have B41 LTE. So we'll see if I connect instantly like I should.

Is there an easy way to find this out?  If that's the wimax band or spectrum or whatever I would say that the area I live in must be band 41.  I had wimax everywhere (outside) when I had my evo shift and Nexus s.

Possibly. I did enable all bands in the LTE settings menu and saw no improvement on this particular tower by my work that's giving me issues

Yeah I'm not successfully attaching to Verizon at all. No bars, although sometimes i'd briefly see "Verizon Wireless" in PhoneInfo. Even my phone number is unavailable.

I emailed my Verizon rep and asked him to add the IMEI to my account. Told him it's a Galaxy Nexus lol. Doubt it'll actually happen, but lets see ...

Ironically, when I put my Sprint SIM in my N5 from my Netgear Zing hotspot, it did connect to the Verizon network on CDMA as roaming for about 20 minutes. Then without advanced warning, a notification popped up and said my SIM was now locked because it could not authenticate after multiple attempts.

It would be great to have a device on VZW that used AWS LTE only. It would be great for network testing.

But if B41 was the problem, wouldn't disabling the 41/26 fix the problem? Because I tried and that didn't help. :/

Is Raleigh a Band 41 market??? :P I know you know Robert!

Edit: I'll be traveling to Greenville NC this weekend, and while they have B25 LTE (relatively new), I'm pretty sure they do NOT have B41 LTE. So we'll see if I connect instantly like I should.

I don't recall off the top of my head. I'm mobile at the moment. But RDU does have WiMax. And it could even be that. I'd be interested to know if all the problems are in Band 41 LTE and/or WiMax areas.

But if B41 was the problem, wouldn't disabling the 41/26 fix the problem? Because I tried and that didn't help. :/

Possibly. But not definitely. Since we do not know the exact reason of the problem, can't rule anything out right now. Currently we are just trying to determine the commonality.

Is there an easy way to find this out? If that's the wimax band or spectrum or whatever I would say that the area I live in must be band 41. I had wimax everywhere (outside) when I had my evo shift and Nexus s.

Information about Band 41 deployment for 2013 is in the Premier Sponsor section.

• Like 1

I don't recall off the top of my head. I'm mobile at the moment. But RDU does have WiMax. And it could even be that. I'd be interested to know if all the problems are in Band 41 LTE and/or WiMax areas.

Vegas had wimax and I have no problem with LTE . I don't think they have started adding LTE to the clearwire towers here yet though.