Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

I see people are having trouble making the switch in store. Why oh why does Sprint not allow the plan change online? Do they expect people to buy an overpriced accessory during there store visit?

You can start a Framily by calling the Sprint support number. I find that working with the Sprint call centers usually goes more smoothly than going to a store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What was the number that you called cause I went to the store today and couldnt get switched over some error kept popping up and I was told to come back monday. But would be nice to be able to just call and switch.

Well i have 11 lines of service right now and my bill i just cheked average with nothing else bought is around $430.00 per month. The ED1500 plan with 5 lines is like 100$ but then after you add the 10$ fee and the 19.99$ data fee on each line you are over 220$ then the other 6 lines are on a old F&F plan that is like $110 for the 5 lines and each line has all the free perks but after you add the 10$ per line on 4 of them you are around 150$ so Here is about as close to what i pay now that i can get

ED1500 with 5 lines    220$

F&F plan with 6 lines  150$

Sercharges total around 80$

Total EST 450$ per month is what i pay now and have upgrades avil

============================================================================================

Now if i move to the New plan the 1st thing is to drop 2 lines of service i do not even use. I have 2 lines that only cost me right now 5$ a month and i never got rid of them cause i just used the upgrades every 20 months. But with them going away soon it does not really matter anymore. So ill drop 2 lines and get 9 lines on Framily plan.

9 lines 25 X 9 =                          $225.00

2 Lines get Unlimited data         $40.00

Sercharges around                   $70.00 will be a little less since 2 less lines of dummy phones.

$335.00 approx per month.... 

Total of the New plan is =====================================================

So i will be saving a little over 100$ per month which over the course of a 20 month upgrade time is like 2200$

So yes i will lose upgrades but have you checked of late the mark up on sprint phones selling them? The Note 3 on sprint.com is $349 plus tax and a 2 year agreement. They sell on ebay for $500 and after selling it and taking off paypal fees and ebay fees you make maybe 75$ if you are lucky.

Sprint phones are the cheapest on ebay for 2 reasons. #1 the service sucks in many places and #2 it is Cdma and people from other countires do not bid on them.

The Iphone 5s sells on sprint for $200 plus tax and a 2 year agreement but on ebay you can get a New 5S sealed in box clean etc for $475 to $499

So in the end i save 2200$ over the course of 20 months and 2 lines that really only use lots of data will still have unlimited and can upgrade for $240 each year but have to give the phone back and get a new 1 and pay 20$ per month again.

But i can see me waiting for the New phones to be out a month or 2 then get them New off ebay in 1 lump sum while selling my old phone.

Lets say right now i have the Note 3. I keep it perfect and lets say in May a New iPhone comes out with a huge screen for 700$ i could sell my Note 3 on ebay for around $300 and pay the difference for the Iphone and rinse and repeat each time a new phone comes out.

As long as i am not getting the phones from sprint there is no 10$ 24 months or $20 every 12 months.

I know how to play the ebay game of keep a phone mint and then sell it to finance a New phone.

Sorry for the long post but i was doing this more for me LOL.

You can start a Framily by calling the Sprint support number. I find that working with the Sprint call centers usually goes more smoothly than going to a store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I like to go to the store and change plans cause then i know when they tell me something they really put it in writing. When you call up and someone even in account services tells you something unless it is put into your notes its like they never said it.

So Monday when i want to go in and change it the guy told me every line i move more will not have to pay the 15$ fee to move over. So ill tell him make sure to put that in my notes. Cause then if it shows up on my bill i can just say read the notes on my account and know it is there :)

For those of you who signed up, is the Framily discount applied in time for the first bill, or will you really have the wait two billing cycles?

Also, are taxes calculated before or after Framily discount(s)?

Mine is still showing $55 for the 2 lines.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When I went to the store on Friday to switch to Framily, I got my ID, but a system error kept them from adding my lines onto it. The lady told me to call customer service to add my lines to my Framily ID.

When I went to the store on Friday to switch to Framily, I got my ID, but a system error kept them from adding my lines onto it. The lady told me to call customer service to add my lines to my Framily ID.

You must need a note signed by both of your Prarents.

AJ

• Like 6

Does anyone else on here feel like tech reviews and article writers that you use to respect all of a sudden sounds like they really have no clue about what they are talking about? The whole Sprint One Up termination thing is all over net and they act like they are offering nothing to take its place. Its sad. I have learned so much from this site not just about Sprint but every carrier to the point where I unsubscribed from a few of them that I have more knowledge than. Hats off to Robert, AJ and the rest of the crew

• Like 6

Does anyone else on here feel like tech reviews and article writers that you use to respect all of a sudden sounds like they really have no clue about what they are talking about?

In general, the tech press masturbates to magenta and dislikes Sprint.  Expect slanted articles.

AJ

• Like 4

The BGR article is so bad:  

Sprint gives up on chasing T-Mobile’s Uncarrier 2.0 plan after just four months

It is so far from accurate.  It doesn't include anything about a new offer.  Frames it as if T-Mobile is the reason why it dropped it.  As if it couldn't handle giving its customers a way to upgrade.  It is journalism malpractice in my opinion.

No mention of Framily or Easy Pay initially.  Just a journalistic joke.  It's almost like they already have a narrative, and look for any headline to plug into it.  Then write a few supporting lines to your preconceived narrative.  Awful.

They did eventually update the article to include the Framily and upgrade angle.  But they didn't reference they edited to fix the facts and they kept the awful and misleading headline.

Robert

• Like 3

I personally don't mind paying full price for a phone whether I have full cash up front or have to finance it as long as the plans are cheaper. Which this plan is when you have at least 6 people, but it should be cheaper with just a single person than it is. My All in is $110, Unlimited my way is 50 + 30 for unlimited data for $80. All get you a subsidized phone, potentially free.

Framily is 55+20 for unlimited data for 75. That's only 5 bucks cheaper. And sprint has to be saving more than that by not subsidizing the phone. If it was 15 bucks a month cheaper, I think people would have an easier time paying full price for a phone.

Amen!  This is really a rip off by all carriers... Tmo sang a song of "freedom" and its basically the trojan horse...The company still wins.. Perfect example ...Nexus 5 349 on google play 449 or 549 on sprint.com... and the phone is locked.

By making people believe they were "free" we have all these pay as you go options - that are going to hurt us more. 

I do believe in the option, but what happens as these new phones start coming out at $849+?  Its $5 bucks cheaper over the exisiting plans and some will add $30-40 for the price of a phone?  

Dont be surprised if the carriers turn in larger profits in the next few years as they phase out the subsidized phone. They realized this was something they should have done a long time ago.

• Like 2

Amen! This is really a rip off by all carriers... Tmo sang a song of "freedom" and its basically the trojan horse...The company still wins.. Perfect example ...Nexus 5 349 on google play 449 or 549 on sprint.com... and the phone is locked.

By making people believe they were "free" we have all these pay as you go options - that are going to hurt us more.

I do believe in the option, but what happens as these new phones start coming out at $849+? Its $5 bucks cheaper over the exisiting plans and some will add $30-40 for the price of a phone?

Dont be surprised if the carriers turn in larger profits in the next few years as they phase out the subsidized phone. They realized this was something they should have done a long time ago.

I don't believe the Nexus 5 is locked regardless of where you get it from.

I just confirmed that mine is unlocked out of the box with an out of service at&t Sim card from my iPhone 4.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind, regarding buying future phones on ebay/craigslist/etc...

One of the primary reasons for cheap 2nd hand phones is from people using up un-needed upgrades and selling them to make a profit.

With subsidized phones going away eventually, this market excess of cheap phones is likely to dry up as well, since everyone will have to pay full price and/or return the phone for early upgrades.

of course, if you get a good phone and just keep it until it dies 2 or more years later, then you can still save money from avoiding the new phone financing.

And/or buy cheaper (than most every other phones) nexus phones from Google.

• Like 1

Amen! This is really a rip off by all carriers... Tmo sang a song of "freedom" and its basically the trojan horse...The company still wins.. Perfect example ...Nexus 5 349 on google play 449 or 549 on sprint.com... and the phone is locked.

I do believe in the option, but what happens as these new phones start coming out at $849+? Its $5 bucks cheaper over the exisiting plans and some will add $30-40 for the price of a phone?

im paying 45 dollars per line, i have six lines with tax and fees is around 321 with the new plans is more expensive around 40 dollars more and i have to pay in full for a device, so im gonna keep this plan until i get kick out

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk