Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Are you a employee or signed up yourself?

Okay i got back from the corp store. I asked a manager there about my exsiting plan moving it. I asked what about my upgrade? i said man i should have upgraded yesterday and used it then. He said do not worry. He said we are giving a 14 day grace period to out exsiting customers. I said you mean to not be charged 15$ per month if they got the phone before the 10th. He said NO he said if i order a phone and use the upgrade like this weekend and then change to the new plan i will not have to pay the 15$ per month for 24 months. Anyone believe this to be true? i mean he is a manager but i have seen clueless ones before.

I asked 3 times and he said yes it is 24 days just use your upgrade asap.

Duddy. Employee. Also on the first page of this thread print picture 4. There are 3 scenarios listed for the fee. You fall into.the third which is no fee during the promotion. There is no defined end date for the promotion yet.

Rcdrcs. I have not heard of this but i only worked part of the day. It was not something communicated this morning or in the training, but does not mean it didnt change since i got off. Sorry i cant help more yet but ill investigate sunday.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I've switched to the Framily Plan!!! I am only one line on the plan! I can have up to 9 others join me!! If you are looking to switch to sprint, PM Me and jump on! The more people the better the price! 

Send me a message and I will give you the Framily Plan ID to give to Sprint when signing up. If you're existing before today, unfortunately you cannot be added to my "Framily" but you can start your own. 

Come on and Hop on! I saved $5 a month switching my plan, keeping my unlimited data and now get annual upgrades! 

I have a Sprint account now ( not a framily) as most do here therefore I/we can't join yours. 

Edit: missed the looking to switch part, sorry. 

Edited by DaQue
  • Like 1

Duddy. Employee. Also on the first page of this thread print picture 4. There are 3 scenarios listed for the fee. You fall into.the third which is no fee during the promotion. There is no defined end date for the promotion yet.

Rcdrcs. I have not heard of this but i only worked part of the day. It was not something communicated this morning or in the training, but does not mean it didnt change since i got off. Sorry i cant help more yet but ill investigate sunday.

Yea i am not going to order the phone till Monday as if i order from the guy who told me it then it is on him LOL if i order online like i would love to do then it would just be my word vs his word. But yea check it out. I made sure he understood that iw as not just talking about moving the phones over but to upgrade then move them over. And his words were like we are giving a 14 day grace period to Exsiting customers and waive the fee. I took it as that is how long of a grace period we have before we get changred 15$ on any line that is still under contract. So i have not rushed into anything cause day 1's can be very wrong and cost money. Not on purpose but just him maybe not really knowing the rules right.

• Like 1

I am kinda confused about the anual upgrade thing. Lets say i bring a line over that upgraded 6 months ago. Now sprint waves the 15$ a month as stated. Then lets say in May a Iphone Phablet comes out. And i am on unlimited data on the new plan. Can i get the phone right away and start paying the 20$ per month then for 12 months? or do i need to wait 1 year then start the anual upgrade. Seemed when i called in i got 2 different answers on that.

Thanks for all your help. When you go into work try and find out about if i upgrade now a line wil they still forgive the 15$ per month like the guy in my local store told me thanks again. No need to reply unless you find out the answer to this question.

Also in my other post i asked if i do move over and they forgive the 15$ do i need to wait till the line is able to be upgraded.

I am kinda confused about the anual upgrade thing. Lets say i bring a line over that upgraded 6 months ago. Now sprint waves the 15$ a month as stated. Then lets say in May a Iphone Phablet comes out. And i am on unlimited data on the new plan. Can i get the phone right away and start paying the 20$ per month then for 12 months? or do i need to wait 1 year then start the anual upgrade. Seemed when i called in i got 2 different answers on that.

From the way I was explained today, you have to Pay the $20 for at least 12 Months consecutively to be eligible for the upgrade and contingent upon phone trade in. So it's starting at plan change.

After asking everyone I know that isn't currently a Sprint subscriber, not a single person was willing to switch for framily. Looks like ill be staying on UMW for my two lines for a bit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I have my Framily ID, but for some reason, when the Sprint store rep tried to add my phones to my Framily, all it would do is error out. :/ Uh, why do some things have to be so difficult?

From the way I was explained today, you have to Pay the $20 for at least 12 Months consecutively to be eligible for the upgrade and contingent upon phone trade in. So it's starting at plan change.

Well i kinda understand that but lets say the iphone 6 comes out in 2 months. This is hypo but lets say it comes out in 2 months and i want it. So i then can say i want that and then pay 20$ a month for 12 months? I mean i would not see having to pay 20$ for 12 months without getting a phone lol. But what i meant was can you start the 12 months 20$ right away after signing up thanks.

I have my Framily ID, but for some reason, when the Sprint store rep tried to add my phones to my Framily, all it would do is error out. :/ Uh, why do some things have to be so difficult?

Your Framily has disowned you.

The humor is not difficult. You make it too easy.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Well i kinda understand that but lets say the iphone 6 comes out in 2 months. This is hypo but lets say it comes out in 2 months and i want it. So i then can say i want that and then pay 20$ a month for 12 months? I mean i would not see having to pay 20$ for 12 months without getting a phone lol. But what i meant was can you start the 12 months 20$ right away after signing up thanks.

If i.understand correctly you are under contract. So you either go until you are contract gets to the upgrade date or you go un the unlimited data plan which gives you annual upgrades. You need to be on that plan for 1 year(12 months) to get an annual upgrade.

Sent from tapatalk

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your Framily.

AJ

• Like 8

I have two lines on my current plan.  One of the lines was upgraded in October 2013.  The other line (my personal line) is due for an upgrade on 2/1/14.   If I am reading this correctly, if I were to switch to the framily plan, I would not be upgrade eligible on my personal line for another 12 months.  Is this correct?    

After asking everyone I know that isn't currently a Sprint subscriber, not a single person was willing to switch for framily. Looks like ill be staying on UMW for my two lines for a bit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

How much are you paying on UMW?

Isn't this still cheaper? 

UMW - $150 two lines unlimited

Framily - $140 two lines unlimited

I have two lines on my current plan. One of the lines was upgraded in October 2013. The other line (my personal line) is due for an upgrade on 2/1/14. If I am reading this correctly, if I were to switch to the framily plan, I would not be upgrade eligible on my personal line for another 12 months. Is this correct?

No if you switch and are under contract you keep you upgrade date. The wait 12 months thing is for an early upgrade.

Sent from tapatalk

I have looked everywhere, and have not seen an answer:  what happens if you go over the 1gb or 3gb?  Do you have a choice of throttle or overages? if not, which is it?  If it is overages -- how much do they cost?  I am okay with a throttle -- but have no interest in the overages if I am going to manage 7 to 10 phones for various family... (I do not like the idea of seperate accounts doe to the fact that they could stop paying or quit -- and 5 phones are more expensive than 7 on this plan!)...

I have looked everywhere, and have not seen an answer: what happens if you go over the 1gb or 3gb? Do you have a choice of throttle or overages? if not, which is it? If it is overages -- how much do they cost? I am okay with a throttle -- but have no interest in the overages if I am going to manage 7 to 10 phones for various family... (I do not like the idea of seperate accounts doe to the fact that they could stop paying or quit -- and 5 phones are more expensive than 7 on this plan!)...

Data usage alerts are sent to account owners when you reach 75%, 90%, 100% of your on-network usage and in increments of 20% over your usage allowance. No notifications are sent for off-network roaming usage.

Add’l data: 1.5 ¢ /MB

Data usage alerts are sent to account owners when you reach 75%, 90%, 100% of your on-network usage and in increments of 20% over your usage allowance. No notifications are sent for off-network roaming usage.

Add’l data: 1.5 ¢ /MB

I saw the first part, couldn't find the 1.5 cent part...

There pretty much goes my plans of switching to this -- I can handle throttled, but not going to be subject to $15plus per GB for overages (T-Mobile still wins in that department, I guess)...

No if you switch and are under contract you keep you upgrade date. The wait 12 months thing is for an early upgrade.

Sent from tapatalk

But if you switch you lose the upgrade. Cause if you use it then you would be signing another 2 year agreement and under this plan you can't do that. So if you have upgrades avil and switch from what they have told me you can upgrade but the pay 10$ for 24 months way but not the old way and get a phone at the cheap way.

So, I'll weigh in on my decision here, because I'm on the fence.

I have the ED 1500 Family plan with 7 lines.  Yeah, 7 lines.  I don't know how they ever allowed me to get that many on the same plan, but it's true. :-)

Anyways, it costs us about $300 / month and we have 4 lines with iPhones and 3 lines with whatever is free at the time of upgrade.  We barely use 500 anytime minutes / month, since most of us are calling mobile numbers when we call during the day, plus we have several lines with 6PM night and weekend minutes, which is carryover from previous plans.  Since we don't use anywhere close to 1500 minutes with our usage, I kind of assume we have an unlimited everything plan and don't worry about minutes.  This is a situation where everyone pays me back for the main bill, which has its good and bad points.  I am somewhat nice to some of the folks on the plan, and pay a little more than my share, so I pay about $100 per month for the two phones that are mine and my wife's.

I definitely use less than 1GB of data per month, but I think that's mostly because data doesn't work worth crap on an iPhone in Columbus, Ohio.  Sorry, it's just the truth until NV is actually activated.  Once that happens, I feel like I might end up using more than 1GB.  With that in mind, I figure that I would have to go with the 3GB plan to be safe for both of my phones.  So, here's what I came up with, analyzing everything over 20 months, to account for the phone upgrade / subsidizing costs.

Current plan: $100 / month for 20 months = $2000 (including taxes)

Two subsidized iPhones: $300 x 2 = $600

Total for 20 months on current plan: $2600

Framily Plan: $76.36 / month for 20 months = $1527.20  (assumes $35 / month tier with 18% discount on data and 15% estimtaed taxes)

Two unsubsidized phones: $600 x 2 = $1200 (assuming the price of iPhones don't come down)

Total for 20 months on Framily: $2727.20

If I was able to keep us under 1GB per month, Framily would be at $2,350 for 20 months

If I could keep us under 1GB per month on my two phones, I'd totally try to figure out a way to get all these lines on Framily and move liability to the actual users of the other lines.  But my biggest concern is I don't have LTE in Columbus and 3G is a joke and I have no idea how much I would actually use otherwise.

For now, it seems like sticking with my old plan seems like a better deal, unless the cell phone upgrade thing goes away.  Then, I think I'd regret not switching now while there is the promotional waiver of the $15 / month previous upgrade fee.

But if you switch you lose the upgrade. Cause if you use it then you would be signing another 2 year agreement and under this plan you can't do that. So if you have upgrades avil and switch from what they have told me you can upgrade but the pay 10$ for 24 months way but not the old way and get a phone at the cheap way.

Ok when i said upgrade i meant get a new phone on easy pay. The traditional upgrade you are talking about will not work on plan like you mentioned. In the next few months there will be no such this as signing a new contract for a cheap phone because there is no subsidy in these plans, which is why they are cheaper. Upgrades will just be getting a new phone on easy pay.

Sent from tapatalk

Ok when i said upgrade i meant get a new phone on easy pay. The traditional upgrade you are talking about will not work on plan like you mentioned. In the next few months there will be no such this as signing a new contract for a cheap phone because there is no subsidy in these plans, which is why they are cheaper. Upgrades will just be getting a new phone on easy pay.

Sent from tapatalk

Okay thanks and also i have the 10% credit union discount on my current plan. On this new plan there is no 10% discount or discounts right? and i called since i have 11 lines of service and only want 9 on the new plan. And they want to charge me 200$ etf fee since i am not bringing them over lol but hey you can only have 10 lines on there as it is :)  we will see.

Okay thanks and also i have the 10% credit union discount on my current plan. On this new plan there is no 10% discount or discounts right? and i called since i have 11 lines of service and only want 9 on the new plan. And they want to charge me 200$ etf fee since i am not bringing them over lol but hey you can only have 10 lines on there as it is :) we will see.

Discounts come off the data add ons. So off each of the 10 or 20 data add ons. None of the carriers discount unlimited talk plans which is what the base plan price is.

Sent from tapatalk

Every time I run the numbers it comes up more expensive with unlimited data and a top tier phone because I am have just one phone on my account. Also after a year can upgrade again  :)  but don't have an old phone I could sell in 20 months . :(

Looks good at first but I don't like it. :td:

b