Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Why didn't you return the phone within the first 14 days? You could have cancelled the contract.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Again, I did not do my due diligence,   I was on vacation pretty much until Jan 8th, (got the phone on 23rd),  I mostly goofed around with the new phone at home (wifi) or somewhere else with (wifi).  when I started back to work I was using the phone in my car, and at other location.  I did try to return it at 18 Days, but sprint was completely inflexible.

I have no one to blame but myself.

Edited by mtwaldman

Huh?  All Nexus 5s are effectively bought from Google -- whether first hand or through a third party.

Do you think that Sprint has a blacklist of Nexus 5s that are activated on other providers first?  That would require the other providers to share device info with Sprint.  It is not happening.

AJ

Doesn't Sprint have to whitelist phones to be used on the network?  I remember when the Nexus 5 first came out there were activation issues because the 32gb models from purchased from the Play Store weren't in Sprint's database.  I wonder if when Google and Sprint corrected the issue if all Nexus 5 esns were put into Sprint's database or if only the ones sold by Sprint and on the Play Store were put into the database.

Doesn't Sprint have to whitelist phones to be used on the network? I remember when the Nexus 5 first came out there were activation issues because the 32gb models from purchased from the Play Store weren't in Sprint's database. I wonder if when Google and Sprint corrected the issue if all Nexus 5 esns were put into Sprint's database or if only the ones sold by Sprint and on the Play Store were put into the database.

All were put into the database. Any North American Nexus 5, sold by Google or Sprint or otherwise, can be used on the Sprint network. The problem was only the first few days. Once Google sent all the Nexus 5 MEIDs to Sprint, Sprint white listed them all.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Did you buy the phone outright? If so I imagine you could easily sell the phone to pay off the contract.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I will list it on ebay and see if anyone would pay me the cost of the Early termination fee....

Starting today customer who are outside of 6 months can upgrade with easy pay and switch to Sprint Framily!

0-5 months since last discount are excluded.

These customers will  receive accelerated upgrades for Sprint Easy Pay.

We are not offering subsidized pricing to these early upgrades.

Give back will not be required.

These Sprint Easy Pay eligible customers will not be charged a $15 fee.

• Like 3

Starting today customer who are outside of 6 months can upgrade with easy pay and switch to Sprint Framily!

I was just coming to post about this.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

What a great way to get someone with a single band LTE or 3G only device into a tri-band device!!!!  

That is real progress towards getting the most capable hardware in the hands of customers. 

• Like 2

Its already showing in accounts so anyone that has had a phone 6 months can a new phone today with easy pay/framily.

Sent from tapatalk

So I can walk into a Sprint store and get a 5S today on easy pay and keep my 5?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like the as you go plan is going to be what I switch to after my contract is up.

$60 a month no contract smart phone unlimited data 

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=plnTab5610002&planCatId=pln796003cat&flow=AAL&planFamilyType=&showDetailsTab=true

Now I bet if I go for it they will tell me I can't use a Nexus 5 or Spark or something. I hope they let me bring my own phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

You cant bring a phone to as you go. You have to purchase a phone.

Sent from tapatalk

I wonder if you can get an 'as you go' plan, buy the $50 optimus, then switch out to a different phone or if they somehow block that too.

Sprint requires you to give the 5 back.

See this quoted post.

What a great way to get someone with a single band LTE or 3G only device into a tri-band device!!!!  

That is real progress towards getting the most capable hardware in the hands of customers. 

only if they stop selling non-triband devices.

Now wait just a doggone minute! I'm gonna have to call BS. After all, rock star Neville Ray has already informed us that Sprint doesn't even want to sell tri-band devices to customers.  :secret:

• Like 4

So I can walk into a Sprint store and get a 5S today on easy pay and keep my 5?

Uh oh, I see it happening already.  MacinJosh is going BacktoApple.

AJ

• Like 1

Uh oh, I see it happening already. MacinJosh is going BacktoApple.

AJ

:P I'm using both phones side by side right now, so I'm not using the Nexus exclusively.

Lets say i get a Note 4 and pay 20$ for 12 months if and when that phone comes out. And lets say i root it. Then when the 12 months is up and lets say i want a new phone does Rooting the phone void my contract and they mot take it back?