Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Lets say i get a Note 4 and pay 20$ for 12 months if and when that phone comes out. And lets say i root it. Then when the 12 months is up and lets say i want a new phone does Rooting the phone void my contract and they mot take it back?

If you even have a question that this might reject you from getting an upgrade, you can always restore to factory settings before going to the store to upgrade.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If you even have a question that this might reject you from getting an upgrade, you can always restore to factory settings before going to the store to upgrade.

Lets say i get a Note 4 and pay 20$ for 12 months if and when that phone comes out. And lets say i root it. Then when the 12 months is up and lets say i want a new phone does Rooting the phone void my contract and they mot take it back?

Id simply restore. But honestly we do about a 3 second check on trade in phones and its 3 things.

Does it turn on?

Is it cracked or parts missing?

Id it water damaged? (Though depending on the rep this may not matter.)

Sent from tapatalk

Now wait just a doggone minute! I'm gonna have to call BS. After all, rock star Neville Ray has already informed us that Sprint doesn't even want to sell tri-band devices to customers. :secret:

What is certain is that this lenient of a policy with upgrading would not be reality without softbank. Hesse nor the execs would have ever rationalized this loss.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What is certain is that this lenient of a policy with upgrading would not be reality without softbank. Hesse nor the execs would have ever rationalized this loss.

For perspective, though, unless you have a big Framily, you are not likely paying much less per month after your amnesty upgrade.  So, it is still as if subsidy is baked in the monthly service costs.

AJ

I asked this question on a sprint one up call back in October and the moderator said if a device is deemed rooted we can still perform a give back. I would assume same rules apply with give back and easy pay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

For perspective, though, unless you have a big Framily, you are not likely paying much less per month after your amnesty upgrade. So, it is still as if subsidy is baked in the monthly service costs.

AJ

Shhhhhhh... its magical because theres "no contract". Magenta says so. Magenta knows best.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I asked this question on a sprint one up call back in October and the moderator said if a device is deemed rooted we can still perform a give back. I would assume same rules apply with give back and easy pay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

And that makes sense.  It will be resold as a refurbishment.  It would be completely wiped clean of any installs and started with a fresh install.

Robert

• Like 1

So here is my dumb question of the day.

Is there any info out there on Easy Pay? We're having a debate at work about it.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!

Robert

• Like 1

I noticed a website created to share framily codes  - http://www.framilycodes.com/index.php.

Please note that S4GRU does not endorse the use of the site linked above or other similar sites.  There may be risk associated with using a collective Framily site.  We have neither evaluated or vetted these types of services.  Use of them is at your risk.

Sorry to have to be a lawyer.

Robert

• Like 4

So here is my dumb question of the day.

Is there any info out there on Easy Pay? We're having a debate at work about it.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_Sprint_Easy_Pay/487c6885-c186-4f0d-b325-65b602af1de0?INTCID=TSC:UHP:iPadAir:Learn:112213&adSelectData=1:Module_iPadAir_1112213

Or look at this thread.

Sent from tapatalk

There really is no risk with sharing your framily id, right? Nothing can be changed on YOUR account, people only can come and go. No personal information is gained other than possibly a first name and the last 4 of your phone number, right? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There really is no risk with sharing your framily id, right? Nothing can be changed on YOUR account, people only can come and go. No personal information is gained other than possibly a first name and the last 4 of your phone number, right? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct

Sent from tapatalk

Starting today customer who are outside of 6 months can upgrade with easy pay and switch to Sprint Framily!

0-5 months since last discount are excluded.

These customers will  receive accelerated upgrades for Sprint Easy Pay.

We are not offering subsidized pricing to these early upgrades.

Give back will not be required.

These Sprint Easy Pay eligible customers will not be charged a $15 fee.

So I can walk into a Sprint store and get a 5S today on easy pay and keep my 5?

Yes

Sent from tapatalk

Damn, I should have waited instead of getting the Mega 3 weeks ago on One Up..

Oh well at least I can do this with the other line.

But let me make sure I get this straight.

You don't have to turn in your current phone (or tablet) and get a new device with no money down by using easy pay and join Framily. And they also waive the $15 easy pay fee.

So what happens with the old phone being that you don't need to turn it in. You get to sell it I assume? or is the new device on easy pay a secondary line?

That's the only part I'm a bit confused about.

TS

You are correct

Sent from tapatalk

Excellent. I am about to post on several forums, and possibly craigslist ads to fill up my framily. It's win-win for all. The rep at the Sprint store told my brother today that he can hang out and try to "hand out" our code. Nothing wrong with it. Unfortunately, the 3 people in the store today were signing up for prepaid.

There is no apparent risk to sharing your ID.  However, it wouldn't be a big leap for scammers to set up a site and ask for more info and people provide it trying to build their family.  We just don't have the time or ability to go evaluate different Framily group venues outside of S4GRU.  Members should be mindful, cautious and not provide any personal information to people they do not know personally.  We cannot assist or be held responsible for anyone working with strangers on Framily groups.

Robert

• Like 1

There is no apparent risk to sharing your ID. However, it wouldn't be a big leap for scammers to set up a site and ask for more info and people provide it trying to build their family. We just don't have the time or ability to go evaluate different Framily group venues outside of S4GRU. Members should be mindful, cautious and not provide any personal information to people they do not know personally. We cannot assist or be held responsible for anyone working with strangers on Framily groups.

Robert

This is where common sense has to kick in. Framily is one of the best programs Sprint has ever launched. You get my code, that's it. I'll stop when the first guy asks me to give out my ssn, and wire money to Kenya. :)

• Like 4

I hope we can do this online but so far the website is pushing folks to head to a store..not happening here.

It was mentioned a few pages back that somebody was able to switch over the phone.  I'm with you, my closest store is a third party store and they are generally less than competent.

Just switched over the phone. Combined two family plans into one Framily. Rep told me I would still get two bills though.

Only thing that I'm concerned about is the small print. "Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps."

Just switched over the phone. Combined two family plans into one Framily. Rep told me I would still get two bills though.

Only thing that I'm concerned about is the small print. "Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps."

These T&C's existed starting with the new My Way plans.  Don't worry this is not something that is new that was just introduced with the Framily plans.

I was on the 1500 shared plan. The one where you're charged 10 dollars premium data. Don't know if I was trottled.

I feel like a 2nd class citizen now.

I don't believe throttling was in the T&C for those plans.  But I haven't heard of anyone getting throttled on the new plans either, I assume they needed to throw that in to keep the network usable if it becomes more crowded in the future.

The rules.9e6egu8y.jpg

Sent from tapatalk

Can someone explain this to me the difference in it and and the next time you upgrade? i know it says you pay on easy pay but there is no subsidy but do you pay full retail? i am missing something. I see it says you get to keep the phone so if you are on unlimited data do you pay 20$ for 12 months and get the phone and keep it? I doubt this but just asking.