Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Do I have to make an appointment to go, or could I just walk in and change to Framily?

You can just walk in.  But be sure to bring a signed permission slip from your Mrother.

AJ

• Like 2

You can just walk in.  But be sure to bring a signed permission slip from your Mrother.

AJ

Ok, I'm being serious. I don't like making appointments that I have a hard time keeping, especially when the closest Sprint store is up to a 90 minute drive from Pahrump. I'm trying to plan this out accordingly, but it ain't easy. Ugh.

They don't have to force you off your old plan to end handset subsidies. The could simply say easy pay or retail are the only way you can buy a phone. Keep what plan you want.

I know this but that means they would have to do away with a plan they spend money on promoting and that is the everything my way plan. Without a 2 year upgrade the everything my way plan would be useless.

And i just called account services and asked to talk to a a account services supervisor and of course they would not tell you if they even knew but i was assured that when my phones are upgrade ready in 3 months ill be able to get a upgrade at the sub price.

What has stopped companies from forcing customers to change before? The end of subsidies at sprint will be coming soon and that is not a opinion. All the changes in policy and changes in market place are leading to it a contract free/subsidy free model.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

just to clarify with what you saw with the new plans and subsidies/contracts going away that you mentioned. is this a case of people on other plans can keep their current plan and upgrade model (for the time being)? or are you saying that some point soon they are going to force everyone to these new plans/no subsidies/no contracts? just wanting to clarify for future planning :)

• Like 1

I know this but that means they would have to do away with a plan they spend money on promoting and that is the everything my way plan. Without a 2 year upgrade the everything my way plan would be useless.

And i just called account services and asked to talk to a a account services supervisor and of course they would not tell you if they even knew but i was assured that when my phones are upgrade ready in 3 months ill be able to get a upgrade at the sub price.

If you opt to keep paying the subsidiezed cost of the phones. There will be a 15 dollar charge for each phone for not going to the easy pay option.

Ok, I'm being serious. I don't like making appointments that I have a hard time keeping, especially when the closest Sprint store is up to a 90 minute drive from Pahrump. I'm trying to plan this out accordingly, but it ain't easy. Ugh.

I would imagine you can just dial 611 to make rate plan changes.

Well till i see it in writing ill just go with it. I have right now a few lines which could upgrade and i am waiting on the next new phone. And i do not see them doing something like this in the next few months. They made this New plan for a reason for people who want to be month to month.

People will be able to run out their current contracts but eventually the only options will be easy pay or msrp. They already removed all restrictions for easy pay financing. Any customer regardless of credit, payment history, new or current can put as many lines on easy pay as they like.

You should go back and reread my post carefully.  If you still do not get it, well, have you completed your required sarcasm assignments from Sheldon yet?

AJ

• Like 1

Staff is still discussing whether S4GRU should serve as a Framily "exchange," where members can join or form Framily groups.  We hope to arrive at a formal decision very soon.  In the meantime, if you sign up for Framily, please do not post your code.  The post will be hidden.

Thanks for your cooperation...

AJ

• Like 3

Existing customers cannot join another existing framily group. You could start one and add new customers. Please correct me if I somehow got it wrong but it's been said in this thread a few times not only by me.

Sent from my SPH-L900

You are correct unfortunately.  From the FAQ:

• Customer can be assigned to a new Framily group or join a Framily group on the customer's existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer's existing account.

Looks like no framily for me.  No way I can talk 6 people into switching over to Sprint.  I tried to talk a disgruntled AT&T subscriber into looking at Sprint and she asked "Does Sprint still exist?" and moved onto VZW without batting an eye.

You are correct unfortunately. From the FAQ:

• Customer can be assigned to a new Framily group or join a Framily group on the customer's existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer's existing account.

Looks like no framily for me. No way I can talk 6 people into switching over to Sprint. I tried to talk a disgruntled AT&T subscriber into looking at Sprint and she asked "Does Sprint still exist?" and moved onto VZW without batting an eye.

I may have to leave for 2 or 3 months to one of the virtual networks then come back on someone's framily. This may increase churn.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Anyone interested in sharing a discount on Sprint network, I signed up for the Framily plan.

I setup a framily account effective January 24, 2014.

Look 3 posts prior to your post.

• Like 1

You should go back and reread my post carefully. If you still do not get it, well, have you completed your required sarcasm assignments from Sheldon yet?

AJ

I read your post. Didn't think it was funny. Are you sure you aren't losing your touch? :P

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I read your post. Didn't think it was funny. Are you sure you aren't losing your touch? :P

No, Josh, I am on top of my game.  Sprint introduces a new plan called "Framily." I suggest that you need a note from your "Mrother."

AJ

• Like 1

No, Josh, I am on top of my game. Sprint introduces a new plan called "Framily." I suggest that you need a note from your "Mrother."

AJ

It sounds funnier when you put it that way. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Its a targeted offer saturday and sunday. 3 million accounts should get offer through email or text. All they have to do is come in and we click the offer in your account. The tab is free but does have to go on a plan.

I've switched to the Framily Plan!!! I am only one line on the plan! I can have up to 9 others join me!! If you are looking to switch to sprint, PM Me and jump on! The more people the better the price! 

Send me a message and I will give you the Framily Plan ID to give to Sprint when signing up. If you're existing before today, unfortunately you cannot be added to my "Framily" but you can start your own. 

Come on and Hop on! I saved $5 a month switching my plan, keeping my unlimited data and now get annual upgrades! 

Has anyone signed up that was in contract with subsidized phone i went there and they tried to say i was going to have to pay the 15 dollar fee???? But it plainly says if bought before 1/10/2014 the fee is waived can somebody help me out???

Has anyone signed up that was in contract with subsidized phone i went there and they tried to say i was going to have to pay the 15 dollar fee???? But it plainly says if bought before 1/10/2014 the fee is waived can somebody help me out???

They were confused and/or idiots. This is what happens when they give 72 hours from telling employees to launch. There was a whole page in the launch guide dedicated to the fee so i dunno.

Okay i got back from the corp store. I asked a manager there about my exsiting plan moving it. I asked what about my upgrade? i said man i should have upgraded yesterday and used it then. He said do not worry. He said we are giving a 14 day grace period to our exsiting customers. I said you mean to not be charged 15$ per month if they got the phone before the 10th. He said NO he said if i order a phone and use the upgrade like this weekend and then change to the new plan i will not have to pay the 15$ per month for 24 months. Anyone believe this to be true? i mean he is a manager but i have seen clueless ones before.

I asked 3 times and he said yes it is 14 days just use your upgrade asap.

He again claimed that there is a 14 day grace period if i use my upgrade before then and switch over to the new plan i still will not have to pay the 15$ so now i am not sure. He said come in Monday order the phones with your upgrade and we will switch you over to the new plajn and no 15$ a month fee