Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

This is a one time offer for those under contract wanting to move to the new no contract plans and a perk is you can keep your current device or sell it. When you do easy pay you either pay the phone off entirely or if you do a one year upgrade and pay the 20 for unlimited daata you give it back.

Sent from tapatalk

This is a one time offer for those under contract wanting to move to the new no contract plans and a perk is you can keep your current device or sell it. When you do easy pay you either pay the phone off entirely or if you do a one year upgrade and pay the 20 for unlimited daata you give it back.

Sent from tapatalk

Well to me it is no perk. All that it is to me is you get the phone for full retail but you can pay it off with easy pay. But you get no deal on the phone. You pay full retail no matter what with this promo. I understand the 20$ for 12 months and give it back but this new thing to me is not a deal at all since you pay full retail.

I guess it is a deal for those who can't afford 600$ right off i guess?

Well to me it is no perk. All that it is to me is you get the phone for full retail but you can pay it off with easy pay. But you get no deal on the phone. You pay full retail no matter what with this promo. I understand the 20$ for 12 months and give it back but this new thing to me is not a deal at all since you pay full retail.

In less than 90 days msrp or easy pay will be the only way to get phones from sprint.

Sent from tapatalk

In less than 90 days msrp or easy pay will be the only way to get phones from sprint.

Sent from tapatalk

Would subsidized phones still continue to be available via 3rd-party retailers after this time(for those who want to stay with their Simply Everything plans)?

How is it not a perk? I have a friend who needs a better iPhone than the 3GS she uses now. If I can convince her to come to Sprint, it'd be a win-win for both of us. So for some of us, it's a great deal, and for some, it's not.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from tapatalk

Would subsidized phones still continue to be available via 3rd-party retailers after this time(for those who want to stay with their Simply Everything plans)?

I'm interested to hear the answer on this as well... If subsidized phones are going away for my everything data family plan 1500, then I'm more likely to switch now when I can get the $15/mo fee waived.

I'm interested to hear the answer on this as well... If subsidized phones are going away for my everything data family plan 1500, then I'm more likely to switch now when I can get the $15/mo fee waived.

Well i am not him but when he said this the other day i took it as everywhere. Cause if you have a old ED1500 Amazon etc will not upgrade it now even cause that plan is not in there system. When i tried to upgrade last month on AMazon on a line that was upgrade elig it came up the plan is not supported. Now i could call up sprint and get the phone from them and it work okay. Even if you go to Walmart they have to call up sprint if you are on the ED1500 plan. The only plajn right now that can upgrade with ease is the everything myway plan.

But i took it as it would be from every place and if not good luck getting places to upgrade your phone on the ED1500 plan etc as it is not in the sprint system anymore so when you try and upgrade anywhere it does not let you anymore. You could do this as of September but since then it has been taken out of the sprint system

Well i am not him but when he said this the other day i took it as everywhere. Cause if you have a old ED1500 Amazon etc will not upgrade it now even cause that plan is not in there system. When i tried to upgrade last month on AMazon on a line that was upgrade elig it came up the plan is not supported. Now i could call up sprint and get the phone from them and it work okay. Even if you go to Walmart they have to call up sprint if you are on the ED1500 plan. The only plajn right now that can upgrade with ease is the everything myway plan.

But i took it as it would be from every place and if not good luck getting places to upgrade your phone on the ED1500 plan etc as it is not in the sprint system anymore so when you try and upgrade anywhere it does not let you anymore. You could do this as of September but since then it has been taken out of the sprint system

Thank you for filling me in... I've been tracking this thread but I must have missed his post the other day. This is interesting, though that other places can't upgrade the ED1500... I just upgraded one of my lines last week at Best Buy before knowing about framily, and I don't think they had to call sprint to get it upgraded.

Thank you for filling me in... I've been tracking this thread but I must have missed his post the other day. This is interesting, though that other places can't upgrade the ED1500... I just upgraded one of my lines last week at Best Buy before knowing about framily, and I don't think they had to call sprint to get it upgraded.

They may have called sprint and you were not aware but i was told by a few reps that if you are on ED1500 plan now the plan is not in there system so when they try and upgrade it does not go unless they call in. And as of now you can still do it that way. I will miss upgrades but this plan will save me about 2k or more over 20 months and i can work with that for new phones. Goodluck.

I guess I might as well switch and save $5 a month, but I will be loosing about $20 a month in value on phone purchase discounts.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Sent from tapatalk

sorry to bother, i've read through this entire thread and all the FAQs on sprints website but i need some clarification if you could help me out.

what will happen to people on the old everything data family plans once what i have quoted from you happens? when a line becomes eligible for upgrade (like mine will on 05/01/2014) will we be forced to switch to Framily in order to use easy pay? Or will we be able to stay on our current plans and use easy pay to get a new phone?

I went ahead and made the switch last night.  Just my wife and I but it knocks $50 a month off our bill.  We just signed with Sprint in November and we were both on the MyWay unlimited.  However both of us are on wi-fi most of the day and neither one of us has gone over 1 gig yet. So we were really paying for more then we needed.  And the fact that they are waving the $15 fee per line made it a no-brainer.  Now I just need to find some friends to flip!

• Like 3

I went ahead and made the switch last night. Just my wife and I but it knocks $50 a month off our bill. We just signed with Sprint in November and we were both on the MyWay unlimited. However both of us are on wi-fi most of the day and neither one of us has gone over 1 gig yet. So we were really paying for more then we needed. And the fact that they are waving the $15 fee per line made it a no-brainer. Now I just need to find some friends to flip!

My friends think I'm nuts for being on Sprint. It has a very poor reputation around here for some reason. There are even spontaneous comments on the radio call in shows I listen to when they have tech segments. Without going to posting a Framily number on random websites I don't think I will have any luck.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

sorry to bother, i've read through this entire thread and all the FAQs on sprints website but i need some clarification if you could help me out.

what will happen to people on the old everything data family plans once what i have quoted from you happens? when a line becomes eligible for upgrade (like mine will on 05/01/2014) will we be forced to switch to Framily in order to use easy pay? Or will we be able to stay on our current plans and use easy pay to get a new phone?

I have not heard what will happen at that time, we have only been told to get ready. I have in the past signed people up on easy pay/one up and kept the data share 1500, but honestly I do not see a reason not to swtich to Framily if you are going to do easy pay. Below are some break downs assuming the phone price is $25 and both get unlimited data, obviously that is on the high side of phone payments and most are less. If you or the other person could get by with less than unlimited if would be even cheaper to ditch the Data Share plan. 

2 lines 1 easy pay

Data share 1500    $150 +25=175

Framily                   $140+25=165    (assuming both want unlimited)

2 lines 2 easy pay

Data Share 1500   $150+25+25=200

Framily                   $140+25+25=190   (assuming both want unlimited)  

Those prices also just assume it is 2 lines in the Framily. If you get a friend or two it would obviously go down farther. 

• Like 1

I have not heard what will happen at that time, we have only been told to get ready. I have in the past signed people up on easy pay/one up and kept the data share 1500, but honestly I do not see a reason not to swtich to Framily if you are going to do easy pay. Below are some break downs assuming the phone price is $25 and both get unlimited data, obviously that is on the high side of phone payments and most are less. If you or the other person could get by with less than unlimited if would be even cheaper to ditch the Data Share plan. 

2 lines 1 easy pay

Data share 1500    $150 +25=175

Framily                   $140+25=165    (assuming both want unlimited)

2 lines 2 easy pay

Data Share 1500   $150+25+25=200

Framily                   $140+25+25=190   (assuming both want unlimited)  

Those prices also just assume it is 2 lines in the Framily. If you get a friend or two it would obviously go down farther. 

thank you for the info! i'm just trying to figure out what my best route is for the future. i currently have 9 lines total on my account, 4 on ED 1500 and 5 on ED 3000. 1 line is upgrade eligible now and 5 other lines will become upgrade eligible between april and june this spring.

not including taxes and fees and with an 18% discount we currently pay $49.24 per line per month ($59.24 if you want to be technical and add in the $200 phone upgrade cost in per month when upgrading at 20 months) here are all the options i could come up with for a per line cost if we switched to framily ($20/mo for the phone on easy pay, 18% off the data options)

per line 25.00
per line with 3gig data 33.2
per line with unlimited data 41.4
per line with phone 45
per line with 3gig data/phone 53.2
per line with unlimited data/phone 61.4

so most of the options are less with only 1-2 being more depending on how you compare it. plus all 9 of the lines are eligible for the deal that was posted about switching, keeping your phone, and waiving the $15 fee. so i guess i just have to decide if its worth it to try and explain all of this to everyone on my account and get them all on the same page to switch, or if i just leave stuff as is and hope things don't change and we can still upgrade like normal this spring. do you have any info on how long that deal for switching is going to be available for?

as a side note i did sprint chat and they said my subsidized upgrade option would still be there come this may, grain of salt i know.

One of the lines on my account is my mother in law, who lives in NJ. On the website, it says you have to make an appointment at a store for Framily. Does everyone have to go to the store, or can I add her to a Framily even though she is not here? Also, can you choose who is on your bill? I'd like to keep my wife and possibly my mother in law on the same bill since it'd be easier to pay each month for one bill instead of 3 separate bills.

One of the lines on my account is my mother in law, who lives in NJ. On the website, it says you have to make an appointment at a store for Framily. Does everyone have to go to the store, or can I add her to a Framily even though she is not here? Also, can you choose who is on your bill? I'd like to keep my wife and possibly my mother in law on the same bill since it'd be easier to pay each month for one bill instead of 3 separate bills.

If the account is in your name you can handle it. As far as moving people off your bill. That requires a transfer of liabilty just as it always have.

Sent from tapatalk

thank you for the info! i'm just trying to figure out what my best route is for the future. i currently have 9 lines total on my account, 4 on ED 1500 and 5 on ED 3000. 1 line is upgrade eligible now and 5 other lines will become upgrade eligible between april and june this spring.

not including taxes and fees and with an 18% discount we currently pay $49.24 per line per month ($59.24 if you want to be technical and add in the $200 phone upgrade cost in per month when upgrading at 20 months) here are all the options i could come up with for a per line cost if we switched to framily ($20/mo for the phone on easy pay, 18% off the data options)

per line 25.00
per line with 3gig data 33.2
per line with unlimited data 41.4
per line with phone 45
per line with 3gig data/phone 53.2
per line with unlimited data/phone 61.4
so most of the options are less with only 1-2 being more depending on how you compare it. plus all 9 of the lines are eligible for the deal that was posted about switching, keeping your phone, and waiving the $15 fee. so i guess i just have to decide if its worth it to try and explain all of this to everyone on my account and get them all on the same page to switch, or if i just leave stuff as is and hope things don't change and we can still upgrade like normal this spring. do you have any info on how long that deal for switching is going to be available for?

as a side note i did sprint chat and they said my subsidized upgrade option would still be there come this may, grain of salt i know.

The waving $15 fee for those on contract and move to framily has a TBD end date. So no clue yet. The everyone has an upgrade thing is for as long as it takes to move all customers to Framily plans and off contracts. If you do easy pay you never have the $15 fee anyways.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

The waving $15 fee for those on contract and move to framily has a TBD end date. So no clue yet. The everyone has an upgrade thing is for as long as it takes to move all customers to Framily plans and off contracts. If you do easy pay you never have the $15 fee anyways.

Sent from tapatalk

hmmmmm this might be may angle to sell them on it. all 9 lines could switch, get a new phone, sell their current phone for some extra money and have the same or cheaper monthly bill than we currently do. now to just get everyone together to explain all this  :wacko:

one final question for you :) if we do switch do all 9 of us have to go in and switch/get new phones at the same time? thanks again for your help!

one final question for you :) if we do switch do all 9 of us have to go in and switch/get new phones at the same time? tahnks again for your help!

I think the simple answer is that if you are the one liable for all nine lines, then no one else need be present.  You can do the switch and upgrade for all of the lines.

AJ

I think the simple answer is that if you are the one liable for all nine lines, then no one else need be present.  You can do the switch and upgrade for all of the lines.

AJ

i guess i should clarify in that i meant if i go in and switch all lines over to framily does everyone have to get their new phone at that time (in which they would want to be present to pick the phone, move contacts, etc), or can they go to the store as they have time, once the switch is made, and get their new phone at their leisure.

i guess i should clarify in that i meant if i go in and switch all lines over to framily does everyone have to get their new phone at that time (in which they would want to be present to pick the phone, move contacts, etc), or can they go to the store as they have time, once the switch is made, and get their new phone at their leisure.

You can switch the plan all at once. The upgrades will not go away.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 2