HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I asked when I was on the phone with telesales and they said I didn't require a plan change.  I am still on the everything 1500 or whatever its called.

Ah good to hear - did you get that same error online?

The HTC website list the upgrade price as being only $199.99 for Sprint.  I may try and call them to double check as I cannot get their website to connect to my Sprint account.

BestBuy Page is up and also showing a Sprint upgrade price of $199.99 but says coming soon on the order button.  Has both the Gunmetal Grey and Amber Gold (BestBuy Exclusive) colors listed.  Shouldn't be much longer I'd think.

The HTC website list the upgrade price as being only $199.99 for Sprint.  I may try and call them to double check as I cannot get their website to connect to my Sprint account.

Chat wouldn't budge on price.  Chat window popped up after I canceled my cart.  $249 + $21 tax.  Bad math.

Actually the sprint website was running slow as hell and I was getting a little frustrated with the process so I decided to just call instead and online chat support wasn't helpful either.

• Like 1

This phone looks astonishingly great. I really am disappointed by the s5 so it comes down to the next nexus phone to challenge the m8 for my money this fall. I'll be glad to hear everyone's thoughts on it, especially on the build quality/rf performance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am going to guess that you have to go to a store or call to get this upgrade done since I think online is now coded to just accept Framily plans or My Way plans.

• Like 1

Looks like I will be getting the galaxy S5.

Mind sharing why?

I'm leaning towards upgrading my phone to this, once it is available for us to order.

It is available to order via telesales or online.

Mind sharing why?

Indeed, why? No one may share my mind.

AJ

• Like 2

Nope.  As I recall from my FCC OET research, the AT&T and T-Mobile variants support band 17.  That is no bueno for the Lower 700 MHz A block licenses that T-Mobile is in the process of acquiring.  Those band 12 handsets reportedly will be available later this year.

AJ

I see, understood! Thanks for the clarification.

It's likely optimized quite a bit for battery performance because so far reviews have said it drains at about the same rate as the G2. Hopefully that's the case because the G2 has a good reputation for battery life.

I have the G2 now and the battery is very good I avg 18 hours, with 60% auto brightness usually poor Sprint connection and over 2 1/2 to 3 hours of screen on. I have no complaint about the battery, plus it charges quick too. I sometimes plug it it while I get ready for work and with in 15 or so mins it will gain about 25% charge, that's not even using the Qualcomm quick charge thing since I haven't seen one yet.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I think I will go ahead and get the phone on contract now but keep my Evo until the ecsfb issues are completed

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Tried ordering off of Best Buy, it shows as available to order, but not in store.  Add it to my package, get it all set up, then when I go to finalize the order, it kicks me out and removes it from my shopping cart.

:(

April 10th.

Any idea on Best Buy? I'm skeptical to order online because of the G2 fiasco.  They didn't know when my order would ship then and I didn't want to wait and had to get a supervisor after countless calls to cancel the order so I could get it the following day in store.  

Their site says it'll reach my location on April 1st, but I'd rather just pick it up in store.

I'm tempted to order because I'm impetuous. But I already have the nexus 5 original 2013 HTC one and the ONE max. I don't think I need it! But I want it!

• Like 1