HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

Where has it said 2600 MAh battery? You got source?

The one i posted a few back says that. I think its to detailed to be wrong.

As mentioned the gsm arena link is the most detail spec run down yet. I Maybe would have given a pass to 2800mah, maybe! Let's hope for something different when it becomes official but I am not going to get my hopes up. All other specs are in line and it seems like a good update!

This is very disappointing to me. Just as disappointing as the Galaxy S5/4S. There is 0 innovation. Lgs knock on, the motion sense to hold your phone up to your ear to answer is not new since plenty phones have this. The refocus feature is present on the GS5 and LG PRO 2. Boomsound is awesome but after hearing the comparison from that leak the HTC ONE 2012 sounded better. Looks nice though. This to me is the perfect time for LG and others to steal market share and is proof that innovation is slowing down.

You have to be careful about comparing a finished product with a beta product. I think any judgments on the sound quality should be withheld until somebody gets their hands on a finished product. Also, the camera may end up being a very interesting piece.

• Like 1

The one i posted a few back says that. I think its to detailed to be wrong.

I've seen like 4 different leaked specs lists.  Articles tend to exaggerate to get extra views.  I didn't find your link that mentioned battery size though. 

A quick google came up w/ like 3 different articles all claiming different battery sizes lol.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_2014-6074.php

Looks legit...We'll see when they announce though. 2600 is the same as the current GS4.

• Like 1

That one seems more inaccurate. I see 5mp front on a few more leaks and it meantions beats audio which we know is not present

I've seen like 4 different leaked specs lists. Articles tend to exaggerate to get extra views. I didn't find your link that mentioned battery size though.

A quick google came up w/ like 3 different articles all claiming different battery sizes lol.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_2014-6074.php

Looks legit...We'll see when they announce though. 2600 is the same as the current GS4.

That one seems more inaccurate. I see 5mp front on a few more leaks and it meantions beats audio which we know is not present

It will come with a 5mp front camera, it will also come with beats music but not sure about beats audio but I think that this time around you will have various audio options in sense itself.

wow I wonder who bought it! I mean seriously at this point HTC just needs to do a early launch! This is ridiculous

Well, the specs are all there:

• Snapdragon 801 @ 2.3 GHz
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 32 GB storage (at least for this particular one)
  • microSD up to 128 GB
  • 5 inch 1080p full HD screen
  • BoomSound dual front speakers with built in amplifiers
  • Duo Camera rear camera with UltraPixel (but no megapixel size listed)
  • 5 MP front camera.  At this point none of that is surprising. 

Looks like a winner!  I hope Sprint carries the 32 GB model. 

Now, it will be introduced on March 25, but how long until we can order it?

• Like 2

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

themuffinman, on 12 Mar 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:snapback.png

Well damn, check this out: http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

How did the seller get it to sell for $500?  No ESN posted and no assurance ESN is clean for activation.  Could be stolen.

Edited by weirdroid

Well, the specs are all there:

• Snapdragon 801 @ 2.3 GHz
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 32 GB storage (at least for this particular one)
  • microSD up to 128 GB
  • 5 inch 1080p full HD screen
  • BoomSound dual front speakers with built in amplifiers
  • Duo Camera rear camera with UltraPixel (but no megapixel size listed)
  • 5 MP front camera.  At this point none of that is surprising. 

Looks like a winner!  I hope Sprint carries the 32 GB model. 

Now, it will be introduced on March 25, but how long until we can order it?

Specs are all there except resolution of rear cameras.

I bet we can order right after or soon after March 25.  I think that's one reason there are so many leaks because demos and early builds are already out there to be ready to take orders.  Maybe that's why the S5 didn't leak out, because the release is long after the announcement.

Edited by weirdroid
  • Like 1

Specs are all there except resolution of rear cameras.

I bet we can order right after or soon after March 25.  I think that's one reason there are so many leaks because demos and early builds are already out there to be ready to take orders.  Maybe that's why the S5 didn't leak out, because the release is long after the announcement.

I'm surprised there is no pre order yet.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 AMthemuffinman, on 12 Mar 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:snapback.png How did the seller get it to sell for $500? No ESN posted and no assurance ESN is clean for activation. Could be stolen.

No esn posted? Who would post an esn on eBay. The seller didn't specifically say it has a bad esn so I would have to assume that the esn is clear.

• Like 1

No esn posted? Who would post an esn on eBay. The seller didn't specifically say it has a bad esn so I would have to assume that the esn is clear.

I often see ESN posted on ebay for Sprint and Verizon phones.  It allows the prospective buyer to check if it's good.  If not the seller often states "Clean ESN" or "Bad ESN". 

I often see ESN posted on ebay for Sprint and Verizon phones.  It allows the prospective buyer to check if it's good.  If not the seller often states "Clean ESN" or "Bad ESN". 

Oh yeah, I have see that as well but there is no way I would ever openly post an esn for a phone I am selling.

Oh yeah, I have see that as well but there is no way I would ever openly post an esn for a phone I am selling.

You're probably right anyway that the ESN would be clear unless stated otherwise seeing as the seller seemed like a reputable player.  But I still wonder how he got it and can sell it so cheap, thinking this item will retail for at least $600.

The new HTC One on eBay was reportedly a VZW variant, correct?  If so, the ESN, IMEI, MEID issue is basically irrelevant for someone who wants to buy it and pop in a T-Mobile SIM.  That AWS LTE capable handset will will work nicely on T-Mobile.  Magenta loves it some some stolen and/or blacklisted other provider handsets that are compatible with its network.  And this is one key reason why Sprint has no obligation to make its handsets support T-Mobile network technology.

AJ

• Like 3

The software looks amazing...! 

http://www.giga.de/downloads/htc-sense/videos/htc-sense-6-im-video-leak/

I'm hoping the battery is a bit better than 2600MAh, but I still think this will be my device.  Going to see what the RF performance is like before pulling the trigger.  

I saw this the other day and I definitely like what I see as well.  As far as the battery, I just don't understand why they couldn't just go with at least 3000mah but I guess it should be ok being that my current One's 2300 battery ended up performing a lot better than I anticipated. 

As far as the battery, I just don't understand why they couldn't just go with at least 3000mah but I guess it should be ok being that my current One's 2300 battery ended up performing a lot better than I anticipated. 

Presumably because of some design trade-off, or possibly cost.  I'm sure HTC would love to have a huge battery to provide the longest battery life.  But at what cost?  Maybe they determined that they want to have a certain thickness, and a bigger battery just wouldn't fit.  Or maybe they increased the size of the UltraPixel camera sensor (to add more megapixels) leaving less space for the battery.  Or maybe the dual camera lens leaves less space for the battery.  Or maybe HTC determined that a battery only needs to be big enough to get through an entire day with X amount of usage, and that most people recharge over night, and that going multiple days without a recharge is really only good for bragging rights.  

Most likely, some combination of all of those.

Don't get me wrong, I want a big battery too!  But if it's X size, we have to trust that HTC had a good reason.  Hopefully HTC managed to balance all those priorities to our liking!