Network
Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+/LTE
GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
HSPA/UMTS quad-band 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz
3G (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
HSDPA 21, HSUPA 5.76
4G LTE (700 MHz, AWS)
NanoSIM

I see it on Sprint's site, but how do I choose to pay full price right away rather than spreading it out with Easy Pay?

The sprint website doesn't appear to give you an option, but you could always buy it on easy pay then pay it in full.

It cost more to upgrade than for new customers.$249 vs $199

Gah! Why does Sprint do this!!!  Make the loyal customers pay more. 

:td: Looks like I'll just wait until Best Buy starts carrying it as they'll likely do $199.99 on upgrade and I signed up for their $50 Gift Card promo earlier this year.

• Like 2

I'm surprised this phone supports 700 tmus frequency already that's impressive on htc s apart and it also has dual carrier aggregate as well for att

Nope.  As I recall from my FCC OET research, the AT&T and T-Mobile variants support band 17.  That is no bueno for the Lower 700 MHz A block licenses that T-Mobile is in the process of acquiring.  Those band 12 handsets reportedly will be available later this year.

AJ

Any other colors than gun metal? Can't check myself ATM.

Sent from my LG-LS980

It showing the gunmetal only. I just finished ordering, should have them in a couple days. I ended up calling telesales instead of doing it online.

It showing the gunmetal only. I just finished ordering, should have them in a couple days. I ended up calling telesales instead of doing it online.

Were you able to have them bump it down to 199 on upgrade?

If anyone buys it, please compare the RF performance to your current handset.  

Thanks!

Of course, that will be the first thing I do when I get it.

• Like 1

If anyone buys it, please compare the RF performance to your current handset.  

Thanks!

Just as important is continued access to the standard run of engineering screens and other hidden menus.  I may place my order in a few days, but I will let the earliest of early adopters confirm first.

AJ

• Like 2

Were you able to have them bump it down to 199 on upgrade?

No, couldn't get them to budge but not too much of a big deal, besides I waste 50 a week on garbage anyway so I didn't cry too much with this, but it did sting a little though since I bought 2 of them.

• Like 1

Not only are they charging $50.00 more to upgrade compared to new lines, but only having the one color isn't good either. :td:  I didn't order the two I had planned on due to these factors.  Will wait now and re-evaluate my options.

:angry:Verizon not only got the in-store exclusive, they are selling the phone for $199.99 for new lines of service and BUY ONE GET ONE FREE plus a $100.00 bill credit.  Bet that will attract a few customers to take advantage of the offer.

• Like 1

What I am happy about for HTC is that this time they got it right.  They finally hit the 5 inch mark with their smartphone and the specs look impressive.  Looks like Sprint is only selling the 32 GB model for $249 on upgrade.  However I am still not happy about the size of the battery being only 2600 maH (same as GS4) but it is an improvement over last years HTC One at 2300 maH.  Would have liked to have seen at least 2800 maH just like the GS5 but the reviews will speak for themselves.  Still not a huge deal breaker for those looking to upgrade.  

It might be one of the last few phones that will allow folks to upgrade on 2 year contract.  Those with the Evo 4G LTE, GS3, etc might want to look between the M8 and the GS5 to upgrade their phones if they want to get under the 2 year contract.

Not only are they charging $50.00 more to upgrade compared to new lines, but only having the one color isn't good either. :td:  I didn't order the two I had planned on due to these factors.  Will wait now and re-evaluate my options.

:angry:Verizon not only got the in-store exclusive, they are selling the phone for $199.99 for new lines of service and BUY ONE GET ONE FREE plus a $100.00 bill credit.  Bet that will attract a few customers to take advantage of the offer.

Wow, I just saw this.  Buy get one free is a hell of a deal.

What I am happy about for HTC is that this time they got it right.  They finally hit the 5 inch mark with their smartphone and the specs look impressive.  Looks like Sprint is only selling the 32 GB model for $249 on upgrade.  However I am still not happy about the size of the battery being only 2600 maH (same as GS4) but it is an improvement over last years HTC One at 2300 maH.  Would have liked to have seen at least 2800 maH just like the GS5 but the reviews will speak for themselves.  Still not a huge deal breaker for those looking to upgrade.  

It might be one of the last few phones that will allow folks to upgrade on 2 year contract.  Those with the Evo 4G LTE, GS3, etc might want to look between the M8 and the GS5 to upgrade their phones if they want to get under the 2 year contract.

It's likely optimized quite a bit for battery performance because so far reviews have said it drains at about the same rate as the G2.  Hopefully that's the case because the G2 has a good reputation for battery life.

It's likely optimized quite a bit for battery performance because so far reviews have said it drains at about the same rate as the G2.  Hopefully that's the case because the G2 has a good reputation for battery life.

Yeah I hope so too.  Would be nice to see more phones that have better battery life like the G2.

Hrm, this makes no sense.  Why do I need to change my plan?  Works just fine with every other LTE device sprint sells...?

You picked HTC One® - M8  in Gunmetal Gray.  
$649.99

You'll need to change your plan after you get your device.

Excellent choice, for this device to work, you'll need to change your plan.

You will be able to change your plan when you activate your phone. However, once you change you may lose any bundled discounts associated with your current plan and you will not be able to change back to the previous plan if it is a plan that we no longer offer, even if you return your device.

Hrm, this makes no sense.  Why do I need to change my plan?  Works just fine with every other LTE device sprint sells...?

You picked 1 HTC One® - M8  in Gunmetal Gray.  
$649.99

You'll need to change your plan after you get your device.

Excellent choice, for this device to work, you'll need to change your plan.

You will be able to change your plan when you activate your phone. However, once you change you may lose any bundled discounts associated with your current plan and you will not be able to change back to the previous plan if it is a plan that we no longer offer, even if you return your device.

I asked when I was on the phone with telesales and they said I didn't require a plan change.  I am still on the everything 1500 or whatever its called.