HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I assumed that more manufacturers would be moving to single SKU models because it might lower costs for them, but maybe that's not the case.

And I suppose lilotimz is right in that Verizon and AT&T don't want single SKU models since that breaks the lock-in to their network. 

Not even Apple has single SKU models for North America. It's pathetic the power that at&t and Verizon have on device manufacturers. Maybe this year will finally be different.

Note: The iPhone 4S was Apple's only single SKU model, but that got broken when the iPhone 5 and LTE networks started popping up, and it's not an LTE iPhone, so therefore, it doesn't really count in this comparison.

• Like 1

New images, and comparison of size of the new HTC one and the HTC One max. http://www.gsmarena.com/the_all_new_htc_one_appears_in_a_lengthy_photo_session-news-7992.php

• Like 1

Passed through the FCC!

Really?  You disappoint me a little bit.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-362-teaser-how-does-htc-m8-rf-performance-stack-up/

Check the date on that.  We are quick on the draw and do good work here at S4GRU.  If you are not checking The Wall regularly, you are missing out.

AJ

Really? You disappoint me a little bit.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-362-teaser-how-does-htc-m8-rf-performance-stack-up/

Check the date on that. We are quick on the draw and do good work here at S4GRU. If you are not checking The Wall regularly, you are missing out.

AJ

Here I am thinking I was quick on the draw. Maybe next time

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

The video link shows the TV app, so should we assume there is an IR blaster?

Yeah, I would assume that it's built into the power button like on the current One. I am not gonna lie though, if it didn't come with an ir blaster I would probably stay with the current One because that's a feature I use quite often.

• Like 2

Yeah, I would assume that it's built into the power button like on the current One. I am not gonna lie though, if it didn't come with an ir blaster I would probably stay with the current One because that's a feature I use quite often.

Yup...I think that I would skip it too if it doesn't the IR blaster.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• Like 2

http://news.yahoo.com/specs-revealed-one-2014-most-intriguing-android-phones-203245712.html?bcmt_s=p&bcmt=1394553629782-6c5d2a3d-fa7d-4f8a-a516-0d6b91acda62&_profileOut=comment

Looks like it'll carry a nice 3100 mah battery. Should be enough for mid-use to last a whole day.

Hopefully htc improves the battery saving software. Crazy how fast the battery dies on the htc one 2013.

http://news.yahoo.com/specs-revealed-one-2014-most-intriguing-android-phones-203245712.html?bcmt_s=p&bcmt=1394553629782-6c5d2a3d-fa7d-4f8a-a516-0d6b91acda62&_profileOut=comment

Looks like it'll carry a nice 3100 mah battery. Should be enough for mid-use to last a whole day.

Hopefully htc improves the battery saving software. Crazy how fast the battery dies on the htc one 2013.

LOL, I was really excited for a minute there but this is the wrong phone.  This is the one plus one which is the cyanogenmod phone.

To add though, the battery life on my One is outstanding.

• Like 1

LOL, I was really excited for a minute there but this is the wrong phone.  This is the one plus one which is the cyanogenmod phone.

To add though, the battery life on my One is outstanding.

Dang that's what I get for semi-reading the article. But I think the battery should be around that range.

Dang that's what I get for semi-reading the article. But I think the battery should be around that range.

The latest I heard was that it would come with a 2600mah battery but that had better not be true considering the change in the overall size of the device they should be able to get more than an additional 300mah than the current One I would think.

This is very disappointing to me. Just as disappointing as the Galaxy S5/4S. There is 0 innovation. Lgs knock on, the motion sense to hold your phone up to your ear to answer is not new since plenty phones have this. The refocus feature is present on the GS5 and LG PRO 2. Boomsound is awesome but after hearing the comparison from that leak the HTC ONE 2012 sounded better. Looks nice though. This to me is the perfect time for LG and others to steal market share and is proof that innovation is slowing down.

This is very disappointing to me. Just as disappointing as the Galaxy S5/4S. There is 0 innovation. Lgs knock on, the motion sense to hold your phone up to your ear to answer is not new since plenty phones have this. The refocus feature is present on the GS5 and LG PRO 2. Boomsound is awesome but after hearing the comparison from that leak the HTC ONE 2012 sounded better. Looks nice though. This to me is the perfect time for LG and others to steal market share and is proof that innovation is slowing down.

It depends on what your definition of innovation is. LG can keep adding features to their phone but that'll only put them in a predicament much like Samsung was with the GS4. A phone with so many features and such bloated software that it begins to stutter even with the most powerful processor in it.

This device still looks absolutely beautiful and to add on many features that are actually considered useful is a plus in my book even if other OEM's had them before. It's not like they're doing it for the sake of copying other companies. Whose to say what BoomSound sounds like on the new device? Apparently it has 2 deskted amplifiers now to make it even better than before.

The focus in no longer on features this time around. What's really going to drive innovation is the hardware and how the hardware and software interact together in order to provide a smooth user experience.

Never said any of HTC's features was unuseful or gimmicks. I just said there is no innovation. Making a smooth device is not considered innovation the chipset aka snapdragon does most of the work. They need something that no other phone has and it has to be extremely useful. It could be something simple or amazing. The G2's knock on was innovation and probabaly will be in more phones soon. Knock code will probably to in the next few years. They could have come up with a new battery tech to make batteries bigger or something. Right now LG seems to be a sleeping wonder that is about to awaken. I see no reason to get this over the G2, Note 3, Nexus 5 or Iphone 5s and I love HTC. G3, Note 4, Nexus 6, Iphone 6, Moto X2 are the ones to wait for I guess.

It depends on what your definition of innovation is. LG can keep adding features to their phone but that'll only put them in a predicament much like Samsung was with the GS4. A phone with so many features and such bloated software that it begins to stutter even with the most powerful processor in it.

This device still looks absolutely beautiful and to add on many features that are actually considered useful is a plus in my book even if other OEM's had them before. It's not like they're doing it for the sake of copying other companies. Whose to say what BoomSound sounds like on the new device? Apparently it has 2 deskted amplifiers now to make it even better than before.

The focus in no longer on features this time around. What's really going to drive innovation is the hardware and how the hardware and software interact together in order to provide a smooth user experience.

Never said any of HTC's features was unuseful or gimmicks. I just said there is no innovation. Making a smooth device is not considered innovation the chipset aka snapdragon does most of the work. They need something that no other phone has and it has to be extremely useful. It could be something simple or amazing. The G2's knock on was innovation and probabaly will be in more phones soon. Knock code will probably to in the next few years. They could have come up with a new battery tech to make batteries bigger or something. Right now LG seems to be a sleeping wonder that is about to awaken. I see no reason to get this over the G2, Note 3, Nexus 5 or Iphone 5s and I love HTC. G3, Note 4, Nexus 6, Iphone 6, Moto X2 are the ones to wait for I guess.

LG has always been on the front line when it comes to being innovative.  They had the first dual core phone, the first quadcore phone, first 3d phone and first 720p phone just to name a few.  LG's problem is that no matter what they come out with, they simply don't sell well and the used phone market as a perfect place where you can see that.  Look at the g2, you could get a new one for around the same price as a used One/GS4 with the lg having far better specs.

I find HTCs front facing speakers to be an innovation. No other device has it and HTC is capitalizing on it. I do agree though, that HTC could be trying new things like LG is. But I personally like the idea of an externally appealing phone and having an SD card slot with the internal specs I am looking for.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The front speakers are a good example of simple innovation but since quite a few of HTC devices have it now it doesnt really sell the new one at all. Put those bad boys on tablet though and I would call that awesome.

I find HTCs front facing speakers to be an innovation. No other device has it and HTC is capitalizing on it. I do agree though, that HTC could be trying new things like LG is. But I personally like the idea of an externally appealing phone and having an SD card slot with the internal specs I am looking for.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

The front speakers are a good example of simple innovation but since quite a few of HTC devices have it now it doesnt really sell the new one at all. Put those bad boys on tablet though and I would call that awesome.

Lol, actually speaking of innovation, I went to the AT&T store w/ my cousin to fix his broken GS4 and the LG Flex had a bunch of horribly deep scratches on the back of the device.  Poor phone. :(

• Like 1

I am disappointed in the fact that it will come with a 2600mah battery that is my biggest let down. I was hoping for at least 3000mah