HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I want to get this device. I haven't bought a HTC device in a long time. However, I'm unwilling to sign a contract with ATT and I don't want to fork out the $650. I haven't touched my savings at all this year. I need to be a good boy!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

You must have a few devices no longer in use that can be sold to secure most of the funds needed. Whatever you do though, do not even bother with the Sprint Buyback. My ElTEvo was worth almost nothing.

I ordered mine at 10:15am Pacific, so 15 mins after it went on sale.  I had to pay $249 to upgrade, but will call Sprint to fix that soon.  It arrives Thursday - to Key West...  where I'm on vacation for a bit. :)  The one LTE tower here is too far from downtown, but got about 10Mbit down at the airport.

Looks like despite the battery being only 300mAh larger, the overall life is better much better even without considering the larger battery.  If you read into this review on AC comparing it to last year's HTC One M7:

"Put it this way: That we’re seeing 15 hours of use — and this during a testing week as well, in which we’re taking a lot of pictures and using the phone more than we might otherwise, just trying to figure things out — all while on a device not optimized for the network we’re using points to pretty damn good battery life.

It’s safe to say we’re easily getting another 5 hours or so (give or take) over the original HTC One. HTC says that we should expect 40% more battery life over its predecessor."

Also consider that the phone is not running two cell antennas for SVDO/SLTE, and you can expect further battery savings over last year's Sprint models.  

As always, I look forward to your first look/thoughts.

PLEASE let us know how RF compares to the N5!

Yeah, I am currently in the Virgin Islands and my mom's house is perfect for rf testing and of course I have my n5 with me.  I really hope the m8 does well.  I don't expect it to be as good as the n5(nothing else is) but if its better than the One Max(which was actually pretty good) then I will be very happy.

I want to get this device. I haven't bought a HTC device in a long time. However, I'm unwilling to sign a contract with ATT and I don't want to fork out the $650. I haven't touched my savings at all this year. I need to be a good boy!

Lets be real, you will end up getting it.  You are just OCD like that, LOL.

I ordered mine at 10:15am Pacific, so 15 mins after it went on sale.  I had to pay $249 to upgrade, but will call Sprint to fix that soon.  It arrives Thursday - to Key West...  where I'm on vacation for a bit. :)  The one LTE tower here is too far from downtown, but got about 10Mbit down at the airport.

Seems like you ordered through telesales which will be $249.99 minus a $50 rebate you have to send in afterwards.  I did the same thing because I was having issues with ordering online.  I tried to get customer care to help me out but their only suggestion was to cancel the initial order then order online so I ended up just leaving it and will deal with the rebates. 

You must have a few devices no longer in use that can be sold to secure most of the funds needed. Whatever you do though, do not even bother with the Sprint Buyback. My ElTEvo was worth almost nothing.

I had to give back my GS3 and EVO LTE when I moved out of Sprint service.  And I miss them terribly.  I don't think I could part with any more.  These are my children!!

Robert

I had to give back my GS3 and EVO LTE when I moved out of Sprint service.  And I miss them terribly.  I don't think I could part with any more.  These are my children!!

It was like a wireless "Sophie's Choice."

;)

AJ

• Like 3

No you don't.

Yes, yes I do.  I should probably take a collection from the HTC Fanboys to convert me back.  :lol:

But I'd rather people contribute to the Digiblur baby gift card.  That seems more worthwhile!

Robert

• Like 1

I played with one at the Verizon store yesterday before I went to work. Feels amazing in the hand and tge vrush metal one definatley has more appeal to it but the camera was not as good as the G2. It was super fast and buttery smooth but kind of boring to me for some reason. Holy crap those speakers was loud though.

I haven't touched my savings at all this year. I need to be a good boy!

Not touching his savings at all this year, Robert is a real Trooper.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Not touching his savings at all this year, Robert is a real Trooper.

;)

AJ

I spent A LOT of money that was supposed to go into it on devices the past few years.   :blush:

And a Trooper...

Robert

In transit, but no delivery estimate yet...

Can anyone who has listened to these speakers (or the M7 for that matter) compare them to the Galaxy S4 sound?  My wife's phone is loud, and annoying, and currently I'm "forced" to listen to some ridiculous Baltimore morning talk radio show while I get ready for work because my silly EVO 4g LTE sound volume is pitiful.  :(

My shipping just got bumped a day,  was Friday, now says Thursday.  :tu:

Looks like I might be getting mines today as well, which is pretty impressive being that I am currently in the Virgin Islands.

In transit, but no delivery estimate yet...

Can anyone who has listened to these speakers (or the M7 for that matter) compare them to the Galaxy S4 sound?  My wife's phone is loud, and annoying, and currently I'm "forced" to listen to some ridiculous Baltimore morning talk radio show while I get ready for work because my silly EVO 4g LTE sound volume is pitiful.   :(

When it comes to sound quality there isn't another phone that has better quality sound that the m7/onemax and so far most if not all are saying that its even better on the m8.  Now there are phones are there that are loud but the quality is garbage.  The m7 is loud with excellent quality for such small speakers.

• Like 1

My shipping just got bumped a day,  was Friday, now says Thursday.  :tu:

Same here.  This morning UPS tracking said delivery by Friday.  I just checked again and now it's saying Thursday.  Yay!

... but the camera was not as good as the G2....

Crap.  I hope I don't regret my decision.  Low light performance is more important to me than cropping and blowing up photos so I think I should be satisfied.

When it comes to sound quality there isn't another phone that has better quality sound that the m7/onemax and so far most if not all are saying that its even better on the m8.  Now there are phones are there that are loud but the quality is garbage.  The m7 is loud with excellent quality for such small speakers.

yes please do a comparison of the speakers between the One max and the HTC one (M8). I feel like the One max is better than the HTC one (M7) so the (M8) should be on par with the One Max.
  • Like 1

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon but is just saying in process

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too concerned about that, my M7 was in my hands last year and it still said that.  If I recall correctly Sprint has contracted with UPS to handle everything once the order is placed so it is pretty efficient.

yes please do a comparison of the speakers between the One max and the HTC one (M8). I feel like the One max is better than the HTC one (M7) so the (M8) should be on par with the One Max.

Well the setup on the one max is exactly the same as the m7 but due to the larger spacing the speakers perform better in the max.  I will see how they compare but for the most part I don't think there is anything to worry about, I am just concerned about lte connectivity.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon but is just saying in process

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yeah, its probably been shipped but they haven't emailed you yet but follow these directions carefully and you can get the information.

1. go to your sprint account online

2. click on see my bill

3. on the right side click on order history

Now the next screen should show your current order with an order number starting with DM

Now take your DM# and put it at the end of this link.  

http:

//myaccountportal.sprint.com/servlet/ecare?inf_action=orderLines&orderId=DMXX-X-XXXXXXXX

Now after the = sign make sure the dm is in ALL CAPS and include the dashes as well when inputting the numbers.  This should give you your shipping info.

##DEBUG#

##DEBUG#

##DEBUG#

That is all I have to say.

AJ

• Like 5

Sprint Easy Pay?  :D

EDIT: I forgot you don't live in a Sprint coverage area anymore. Nevermind  :blush:

• Like 2

Sprint Easy Pay?  :D

EDIT: I forgot you don't live in a Sprint coverage area anymore. Nevermind  :blush:

Yes, Robert has moved to Alderaan.

We imagine his wireless life now is like listening to this Muzak while on hold 24/7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4QwQAQnHc

;)

AJ

• Like 5