HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I love the colors. Especially the blue. I hope the production devices look as good.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

If it looks like the current One in blue it will look amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would be interesting to find out how manyformer EVO users bought the HTC One and how many EVO4GLTE users will upgrade to the "New ONE".

LOL!

I actually did just that last year....I upgraded from the HTC EVO to the HTC One!

Sent from my RCT6378W2

"HTC's radio engineers have apparently been busy working on ways to maximize antenna performance even with a greater proportion of metal involved."  :) 

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-m8-leak-tips-pared-back-plastic-over-htc-one-23317881/

Sounds awesome.  So if I recall correctly, the M8 will be announced and released March 25th?

• Like 3

Sounds awesome.  So if I recall correctly, the M8 will be announced and released March 25th?

Good luck on expecting the HTC One 2 to be released on March 25th.  I would guess minimum 2 weeks later.

This article is apparently about the same unit and discusses some of the advantages of a two lens system.  However, in this article they say that this particular unit is NOT the one we will see in the M8.  Hmm.....

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/26/corephotonics-dual-lens-smartphone-camera/

• Like 1

Good luck on expecting the HTC One 2 to be released on March 25th.  I would guess minimum 2 weeks later.

Yeah, they will announce the device on the 25th but they should definitely find a way to release it before the gs5 is available.  Its bad enough that most people think that samsung dropped the ball on the gs5 and to make it worse its not releasing for another month and a half after it became official.  This is a huge opportunity for htc and I hope they don't find some creative way to f it up.  Right now there seems to be a lot more hype for the m8, if this device can deliver with polished software and excellent hardware along with the camera working as intended then htc should be in the drivers seat.  They need to make a huge announcement, advertise it as best as they can and make sure that it comes to market while its still hot and being talked about which is within that two week window after its officially announced.  I really hope they have all their supply issues squared away unlike last year.

• Like 2

Yeah, they will announce the device on the 25th but they should definitely find a way to release it before the gs5 is available.  Its bad enough that most people think that samsung dropped the ball on the gs5 and to make it worse its not releasing for another month and a half after it became official.  This is a huge opportunity for htc and I hope they don't find some creative way to f it up.  Right now there seems to be a lot more hype for the m8, if this device can deliver with polished software and excellent hardware along with the camera working as intended then htc should be in the drivers seat.  They need to make a huge announcement, advertise it as best as they can and make sure that it comes to market while its still hot and being talked about which is within that two week window after its officially announced.  I really hope they have all their supply issues squared away unlike last year.

Agreed.  HTC must find a way to release the HTC M8 before the GS5 does and try to gain market share.  In a way I think it seems rather silly to assume that if a consumer was in the market and liked the GS5 but the the HTC M8 was released sooner by 2 weeks that the consumer would suddenly just drop their desire for the GS5 and pick up the HTC M8 or vice versa.  I know personally if I was in that situation where I really liked the GS5 phone and the wait was just another 2 weeks to a month than the HTC M8, I would just wait it out.  In addition, hopefully HTC finds a better way to implement the fingerprint sensor much better than they did with the HTC One MAX.

• Like 1

There are a lot of mixed feelings about this but for me personally I liked it a lot, definitely better than that RDJ fiasco. 

RDJ?

The Robert Downey Jr marketing campaign, which in my opinion proved to be totally pointless and a total waste of millions.

• Like 2

They need to stop with the Vaseline smeared cameras. It's 2014 >_>

But if this is any indication, it's a phone that's gonna be gorgeous :)

-Luis

I feel like these pictures are the same quality as my Katana SX flip phone that I had back in '08.  I guess decent cameras are hard to come by these days, or it's photoshopped to look unclear to hide any edits.

EDIT: Have you seen the AT&T/Verizon renders?  (The Verizon one looks great IMO.)

Looks like someone's kid got a their hands on one of their parents pre-release m8(no way this is the actual person who signed an NDA).  This kid is annoying as all hell but at least you can see what the device looks like.  Not only did he show his face on camera but he also showed the device ID, someone is getting fired for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI70Z6QE8V8#t=11

EDIT: Well now the video is private, so much for that but the device does look pretty damn good IMO.

EDIT 2:  Looks like someone else reposted the video, not sure how long this one will stay up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOspWGlMdk

• Like 2

Looks like someone's kid got a whole of one of their parents pre-release m8. This kid is annoying as all hell but at least you can see what the device looks like. Not only did he show his face on camera but he also showed the device ID, someone is getting fired for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI70Z6QE8V8#t=11

His parents are going to be pissed. Hopefully they aren't fired. I wonder if HTC will release a mini and max version of this device at the same time as the regular version?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

His parents are going to be pissed. Hopefully they aren't fired. I wonder if HTC will release a mini and max version of this device at the same time as the regular version?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think the mini might be released around the same time or soon after since some info about that device has leaked already as well.  The max version probably won't be until the end of the year.

• Like 2