HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

If legit, I am in.  Do not reinvent the wheel every year.  The HTC One was quite possibly the most immaculately constructed handset ever.  If the sequel follows the same level of build quality, I will buy it -- then check RF performance later.

AJ

LOL, I feel the same way.

So second camera it is... I already know I am getting it... No need to tease myself

The more I look at that photo the more doubts I have.  Other leaks have stated that the m8 would have slightly more rounded corners but the corners on this looks exactly like those on the current One.  If this photo is accurate though I definitely don't think that first hole up top is a second camera and it is definitely too small to be a fingerprint scanner.  Based on the location of the first hole, whatever will be there would more than likely sit at an angle compared to the main camera so that leads me to believe that its an IR blaster.  

I thought the button configuration was the oddest thing about the One, I ended up getting an Optimus G which has a more standard three button layout. Exciting if HTC has seen the light there.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

What was odd about it?

The HTC logo served as a recall button. But yeah, it was a bit different.

Well technically it was the small tiny space above the logo but it really wasn't meant for that purpose and would only work with a custom kernel.

• Like 2

The more I look at that photo the more doubts I have.  Other leaks have stated that the m8 would have slightly more rounded corners but the corners on this looks exactly like those on the current One.  If this photo is accurate though I definitely don't think that first hole up top is a second camera and it is definitely too small to be a fingerprint scanner.  Based on the location of the first hole, whatever will be there would more than likely sit at an angle compared to the main camera so that leads me to believe that its an IR blaster.

That's a big IR blaster... A lot visual appeal compromised for a simple feature that sits on the power button in the first HTC one and the top of the ONEmax... But we will see... I would appreciate the rounded edges as a minor change.

That's a big IR blaster... A lot visual appeal compromised for a simple feature that sits on the power button in the first HTC one and the top of the ONEmax... But we will see... I would appreciate the rounded edges as a minor change.

Now I am just speculating here but you would have to agree that it is just too small to be a fingerprint scanner. Also, looking at the exact location of the first whole, if that area is designed like it is on the One then it slopes slightly as it gets closer to the edge so I don't see how it could be a camera so my only guess would be that its for an ir blaster.

Now I am just speculating here but you would have to agree that it is just too small to be a fingerprint scanner. Also, looking at the exact location of the first whole, if that area is designed like it is on the One then it slopes slightly as it gets closer to the edge so I don't see how it could be a camera so my only guess would be that its for an ir blaster.

The camera can still be set into the phone flat with the cover over the lens forming to the contour of the phone.  If we finally see the other sides of the phone, then we can for certain go ahead and say it's an IR blaster or camera.

The camera can still be set into the phone flat with the cover over the lens forming to the contour of the phone.  If we finally see the other sides of the phone, then we can for certain go ahead and say it's an IR blaster or camera.

Well I don't know what to think but if I had to bet I would say its an ir blaster.  The case that I already bought for the m8(assuming its a legit case) doesn't have any cut outs for the ir blaster on top of the case.  As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any m8 cases with cut outs on top of the device.  I also don't see how htc will release this device without an ir blaster so the only other place would be right there which makes sense to me as far as being the best place for the ir blaster instead of incorporating it into the power button(which was ingenious in itself).

Well I don't know what to think but if I had to bet I would say its an ir blaster.  The case that I already bought for the m8(assuming its a legit case) doesn't have any cut outs for the ir blaster on top of the case.  As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any m8 cases with cut outs on top of the device.  I also don't see how htc will release this device without an ir blaster so the only other place would be right there which makes sense to me as far as being the best place for the ir blaster instead of incorporating it into the power button(which was ingenious in itself).

We had that issue with early cases on the One where the power button was covered until they figured out it was an ir blaster.  If what you say is the case, then it makes a little more sense since attempting to use the phone as a remote can ge a little difficult. (holding in the xy plane as opposed to the yz/xz plane)

If legit, I am in.  Do not reinvent the wheel every year.  The HTC One was quite possibly the most immaculately constructed handset ever.  If the sequel follows the same level of build quality, I will buy it -- then check RF performance later.

I'm with you on that one.  And I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that if the One's sequel is good enough for AJ, it's good enough for me.  Seriously.

I'm with you on that one.  And I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that if the One's sequel is good enough for AJ, it's good enough for me.  Seriously.

LOL!!!!

Leaked pics are fake. They confirmed it about an hour ago on their twitter.

Yeah, not surprised at all.

Boo. It makes sense that the pictures are fake, it looks too close to the original with just an extra hole. M8 does sound really exciting. If it has a better radio, it will quite possibly be the most perfect phone to date.

Leaked pics are fake. They confirmed it about an hour ago on their twitter.

Who confirmed they were fake?  If they were not fake, would HTC still try to say they are fake?  (I don't know)

I think it makes sense that the M8 would look similar to the original.  The original doesn't need a whole lot of tweaks.  It still looks fresh, and dare I say it, beautiful.

Who confirmed they were fake? If they were not fake, would HTC still try to say they are fake? (I don't know)

I think it makes sense that the M8 would look similar to the original. The original doesn't need a whole lot of tweaks. It still looks fresh, and dare I say it, beautiful.

It's the wording...they didn't say it was fake, but rather it was Photo shopped. This means it's implied it hasn't been leaked, however, the pictures could be legitimate and the comment being "Someone's been using Photoshop" doesn't guarantee it's fake but rather implies it and HTC can't say they never said it wasn't a fake.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Also, you can tell it's been altered because they scratched the numbers out on the bottom on the back, so even if it is leaked and HTC claims it's been photo shopped still lets them imply it's fake without actually saying it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Who confirmed they were fake?  If they were not fake, would HTC still try to say they are fake?  (I don't know)

I think it makes sense that the M8 would look similar to the original.  The original doesn't need a whole lot of tweaks.  It still looks fresh, and dare I say it, beautiful.

Similar to the original and exactly the same aren't the same things.  When I first saw the photo I will admit that I got a little excited but then I realized that it doesn't look similar, it looks exactly like the back of the current One with the addition of the hole up top.  From what I have read, yes the m8 will look very similar to the One(everyone knows this by now) but the corners will be slightly more rounded than what you see in the photo.  Also there are m8 cases you can purchase online that has the slightly more rounded corners.

Also, this is a picture of an m8 case I have sitting between a One Max tpu case and One tpu case:

http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/themuffinman75/media/HTC%20One%202%20tpu%20case/2014-01-28072206.jpg.html

• Like 1

I think it is official at the least the twiiter pic leak with the full back... Not so much the front facing pic.... That is suspect... Based on the case and were thenoise canceling Mic is it lines up perfectly...

I think it is official at the least the twiiter pic leak with the full back... Not so much the front facing pic.... That is suspect... Based on the case and were thenoise canceling Mic is it lines up perfectly...

The twitter pic is fake as well.