LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Well to be honest, when it comes to browsing websites latency will probably have more of an effect.  Also, we aren't even sure if they were actually connected to band 41.

I doubt they were connected to B41, honestly. This looks like B25 to me.

Exactly. You would have to figure that B41 would be fairly unloaded this early on, which would lead to much faster speeds than they saw.

LTE "enginerring" screens or it didn't happen! ;)

• Like 2

It's really refreshing to read multiple favorable articles about Sprint. It looks like "Spark" is igniting  some love from a variety of tech bloggers. I hope the trend continues. Sprint and Softbank both have put a lot of effort and capital into a modern and exciting network. It's about time that they finally get a little recognition for the effort. The fact that many regard AT&T as the king of LTE speed just helps to give Sprint a real headline win on this one. 

• Like 6

It's really refreshing to read multiple favorable articles about Sprint. It looks like "Spark" is igniting some love from a variety of tech bloggers. I hope the trend continues. Sprint and Softbank both have put a lot of effort and capital into a modern and exciting network. It's about time that they finally get a little recognition for the effort. The fact that many regard AT&T as the king of LTE speed just helps to give Sprint a real headline win on this one.

I agree I just hope they will under promise and over deliver with spark

• Like 1

Exactly. You would have to figure that B41 would be fairly unloaded this early on, which would lead to much faster speeds than they saw.

LTE "enginerring" screens or it didn't happen! ;)

I agree, but still, if that is on B25, that is pretty impressive as I don't think Sprint has anywhere near as much spectrum for LTE in B25 than AT&T has for LTE.

• Like 1

"Sprint NV and Spark"...

Bring the Spark technology to the first 100 markets before the end of 2014 and please do all possible to accelerate the NV rollout throughout the USA. At all cost you most do this fast even if it means higher prices for us "customers" on the Sprint network. I know am willing to pay more if it means better service and more reliable LTE network in more places with less roaming. Otherwise you (Sprint) will bee setting yourself for failure, once more. Just that this time you will not be able to recover from it. Your customers need you to deliver and stop the vague Promise's of a better day and a better network, we've been hearing of that for decades now. Deliver already!

• Like 1

I sniffed out band 41 in St Augustine, but as soon as the engineering screen caught it, it'd disappear and fall back to band 25. I can't hold it long enough to take a screen shot or run any speed tests. Not sure if band 25 is just too strong or if the signal is too faint. My priority is set 26>41>25 currently.

I sniffed out band 41 in St Augustine, but as soon as the engineering screen caught it, it'd disappear and fall back to band 25. I can't hold it long enough to take a screen shot or run any speed tests. Not sure if band 25 is just too strong or if the signal is too faint. My priority is set 26>41>25 currently.

Doesn't 41-25-26 make the most sense?

-Will

You just WANT to see band 26  :P

I want it all. And I want it now!

Cue Veruca in 3...2...1...

AJ

• Like 2

Unlike most single band phones the triband phones shows your lte signal strenght bars which is probably lower than your 3g signal. All single band phones with the exception of the iphone 5, 5s, 5c and note 3 shows your 1x signal even when you have lte.

The iPhone 5s and 5c are actually dual-band phones.

Sent from my iPad/iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Your customers need you to deliver and stop the vague Promise's of a better day and a better network, we've been hearing of that for decades now. 

Decades? Please show where anything has been promised by Sprint for "decades". Thanks!

• Like 10

Nothing, I tried 1 tower in Carol Stream, 1 in West Chicago, and 1 in St. Charles. Nada.

Same here in NYC, I have tried numerous sites, with 0 luck! Band 25 is running pretty decent here in NYC. So I have no problem waiting until they sort it out. 

• Like 1

First off, welcome to the forum! :welcome:  Awesome first post! made it count! 

Also, im assuming you modified your Band settings, and can you post your settings. Priority settings etc, and can you post engineering screens and signal check shots would be that much awesomer! LOL! 

No matther what band priority I choose after updating my user profile the bands reset to 25 26 41 in that order.

I just noticed that when I checked my priority screen now. 

No matther what band priority I choose after updating my user profile the bands reset to 25 26 41 in that order.

I just noticed that when I checked my priority screen now. 

Ihave been posting this since the 1st day that I got my MSL. Over a week ago I found that no matter which setting was made the user profile update changed them to the order 25 26 41 automaticly. I wonder how many people "thought" that they had a manual band selection that changed after theuser profile was updated.rofl

It would be interesting to see what the "SPARK" devices band priorities were set at. Seems to me that SPrint is in control of band priorities through the users profile update. 

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

It would be interesting to see what the "SPARK" devices band priorities were set at. Seems to me that SPrint is in control of band priorities through the users profile update. 

I don't know if they have included that information in their profiles yet....

Well, have you been naughty or nice?  If you are on the list of bad Sprint subs, then Sprint will update your profile and make sure you are stuck with band 25 LTE 1900 only.

AJ

• Like 2

Well, have you been naughty or nice?  If you are on the list of bad Sprint subs, then Sprint will update your profile and make sure you are stuck with band 25 LTE 1900 only.

AJ

I have been a good sub since January of 1997...and for business averaged $200-600.00 a month in bills in the past. I barely use data and still paid for premium data with out going over 1 gig ever and most months maybe use 500mb max! I have given them their moneys worth and some, with the nickel and dming, and poors ervices through NV conversion. They had been best bang for the buck until NV conversion started! 

Again this seems to happen only after updating user profile I think!. However Nexxgen checked this out and notices the same thing as well. Others never checked wthe band settings after they manually updated I bet!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Honestly though, for all the LG users who are having issues connecting to B41, wouldn't it be better if everyone didn't stress themselves out until they got the software update?

I would hate to see someone's post that their phone went crappy belly up.

• Like 3

Have we seen any recent internal documents confirming the Tri-band S4 (non-mini) besides the FCC OET filing?

I may possibly have witnessed a mention of a "Galaxy S4 Refresh" in a new devices list somewhere recently. Not sure, could have been a hallucination.

------------

Whomever the first person is to mod the Spark logo to this will have my eternal gratitude and respect.

2lame-Sun1.png

• Like 9