LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

If I remember correctly, I set Band 41 at 1 and 25 and 26 at 0.

That's how I got your settings. Is there anything else you can tell us about your setup?

LTE or Global?

Which radio are you can on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's how I got your settings. Is there anything else you can tell us about your setup?

LTE or Global?

Which radio are you can on?

I'm on the radio that shipped with the phone and my network setting is LTE. I'm using SlimKat ROM.

This was the first time Band 41 has shown up on my phone, even in that same spot. It's probably a fluke.

I am wondering if a nexus 5 update will launch with the red nexus 5 on feb 4

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-appears-slated-feb-4

I am sure a new update wouldn't necessarily be required (other than to the current version), but I suppose it is possible it could launch with spark enabled.

I'm on the radio that shipped with the phone and my network setting is LTE. I'm using SlimKat ROM.

This was the first time Band 41 has shown up on my phone, even in that same spot. It's probably a fluke.

Hmm, you're using SlimKat. I'm wondering if maybe it's a custom ROM thing. I know I tried those settings a long time ago in LA and got nothing, but I'm also using the stock Nexus 5 ROM. I just know that there was that one guy who got B41 in Gardena, and then someone else who got it NYC, and you. Anyone else using SlimKat and in a B41 area? I might try this out myself later.

Edit: Also, which version of SlimKat are you on? I might try the exact same one just to see if I can replicate your success.

Edited by metayoshi
  • Like 1

Hmm, you're using SlimKat. I'm wondering if maybe it's a custom ROM thing. I know I tried those settings a long time ago in LA and got nothing, but I'm also using the stock Nexus 5 ROM. I just know that there was that one guy who got B41 in Gardena, and then someone else who got it NYC, and you. Anyone else using SlimKat and in a B41 area? I might try this out myself later.

Edit: Also, which version of SlimKat are you on? I might try the exact same one just to see if I can replicate your success.

The latest. RC1. I've been in other Spark areas and haven't connected, so like I said, I think it was a fluke.

Yeah... Didn't work. I used SlimKat RC1, baseband version .17 and had the same LTE band priorities as you, and I was just stuck on band 25. I was hoping that maybe we found the secret combo. Oh well, hopefully the Nexus 5 Spark OTA is mere days or weeks away.

So if any of you have a N5 I was able to change band priorities and do a PRL update right after to connect to B41. Haven't disconnected from it yet, its been 2 hours and I've been driving around too. Pretty decent speed tests, hit 70mbps but ended up at 67mbps at one point.

• Like 10

I have noticed that doing a PRL update changes the priorities back to the default B25=1 B41=2 B26=3.

It's not the prl, it is the profile update that resets the priorities.

I love all these great reports of fast speeds but please use sensorly over speed test because:

1. We get to see it and live precariously through your experience

2. You make Legere upset because he uses sensorly numbers to trash everyone

• Like 3

I love all these great reports of fast speeds but please use sensorly over speed test because:

1. We get to see it and live precariously through your experience

2. You make Legere upset because he uses sensorly numbers to trash everyone

Except that Sensorly has very poor speed test capabilities. Almost always under reports the speed and inflates the ping due to distant/taxed servers.

• Like 4

So if any of you have a N5 I was able to change band priorities and do a PRL update right after to connect to B41. Haven't disconnected from it yet, its been 2 hours and I've been driving around too. Pretty decent speed tests, hit 70mbps but ended up at 67mbps at one point.

can you send some screen shots?  will tweet it to Legere  :rasp: 

• Like 1