LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Yes, No!

Just to clarify your point further, the Nexus 5 does indeed require a software OTA to run Spark. I know what you mean, but I didn't want there to be any confusion since the poster mentioned he thought the Nexus 5 already was enabled.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just to clarify your point further, the Nexus 5 does indeed require a software OTA to run Spark. I know what you mean, but I didn't want there to be any confusion since the poster mentioned he thought the Nexus 5 already was enabled.

Are we still expecting that update this month?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Was January ever specifically stated?  I thought it "early 2014," or something to that effect. 

• Like 2

Id hope so when sprinnnt announced the other cities in the spark update they said that it would be out later this month so yea they would be kinda lieing if it wasnt this month so id say sometime this month and someone that is in the g2 thread sayed the 24th but idk could be the 31st hope its the 24th instead.

I've not been expecting an N5 Spark update before the end of the month. But it would be nice.

There are very solid rumors that the LG G2 will get its update before the end of the month. And that may translate to the N5 getting its update soon. But I'm not expecting it.

Yea well i think once the lg gets theirs the n5 will be right around the corner as long as everything goes good. But i figured we would get it sooner than end of the month just because the g flex is suppose to come enabled so i figured they must of been testing for a little while and have got it pretty tweaked by now. Im not a 100% certain about g flex enabled out of the box but i could of swore thats what the article said and they are gonna be able to order the 31st so that was why i thought that they would have it ready atleast a week before launch??? Idk but be nice when lg g2 and nexus 5 get to experience the good stuff that samsung already is.

Quivk question for anyone who can answer alot of times when a site has multiple carriers at a site do they run extra lines for future like example: run fiber from road to junction at the site say 4 to 500 ft back from edge of road and then just have to bring another line from up the street to connect to it?

Quivk question for anyone who can answer alot of times when a site has multiple carriers at a site do they run extra lines for future like example: run fiber from road to junction at the site say 4 to 500 ft back from edge of road and then just have to bring another line from up the street to connect to it?

Multiple carriers or multiple wireless providers? Very different.

And in a city that has 12mhz of 800mhz spectrum is that enough to have a cdma carrier and a 5mhz lte? My question is i think my city bowling green ky only has 12mhzof 800 i think and was wondering if we was gonna have enough for to have that?

Multiple carriers or multiple wireless providers? Very different.

Providers

Usually each wireless provider uses different backhaul vendors.  It is not common they all use the same.  Verizon and AT&T use their own whenever they can.

Robert

Well i looked at the site and from what i can tell and i dont know if this happens or not but can say like twc sell backhaul from at&t? From what i can tell the twc buisness box is hooked up to the cabinet and the conduit is ran. Now they have been running im guessing more fiber down the road from where the site is but its all at&t that i can tell and ive been keeping a close eye and they put some in the ground from the lot beside the property its sitting on all the way back up the road to where they were putting in some more at but all of its been at&t boxes and i havent seen any twc trucks putting anything in so thats why i asked.

And in a city that has 12mhz of 800mhz spectrum is that enough to have a cdma carrier and a 5mhz lte? My question is i think my city bowling green ky only has 12mhzof 800 i think and was wondering if we was gonna have enough for to have that?

Where did you get the number of 12 MHz of 800 MHz spectrum from?

Well i looked at the site and from what i can tell and i dont know if this happens or not but can say like twc sell backhaul from at&t? From what i can tell the twc buisness box is hooked up to the cabinet and the conduit is ran. Now they have been running im guessing more fiber down the road from where the site is but its all at&t that i can tell and ive been keeping a close eye and they put some in the ground from the lot beside the property its sitting on all the way back up the road to where they were putting in some more at but all of its been at&t boxes and i havent seen any twc trucks putting anything in so thats why i asked.

The ironic thing is, Comcast hits AT&T hard in advertising about being better than U Verse and makes AT&T out to be the coming of the antichrist, yet they use AT&T to run fiber for them.

I've not been expecting an N5 Spark update before the end of the month. But it would be nice.

There are very solid rumors that the LG G2 will get its update before the end of the month. And that may translate to the N5 getting its update soon. But I'm not expecting it.

I must have been confusing it with the G2. Thanks for the info.

Did you see my question couple posts up about the 800mhz ?

Where did you get the number of 12 MHz of 800 MHz spectrum from?

I thought Sprint had 14Mhz of eSMR spectrum, 7Mhz FDD, Enough for 1 - 1.25 Mhz CDMA 1xA Carrier, guard band, and 1 - 5Mhz LTE Carrier.  (Both FDD of course)  In the Southeast where SouthernLinc owns some of the SMR spectrum, Sprint had enough for the CDMA 1xA Carrier and a 3Mhz LTE Carrier.

I thought Sprint had 14Mhz of eSMR spectrum, 7Mhz FDD, Enough for 1 - 1.25 Mhz CDMA 1xA Carrier, guard band, and 1 - 5Mhz LTE Carrier.  (Both FDD of course)  In the Southeast where SouthernLinc owns some of the SMR spectrum, Sprint had enough for the CDMA 1xA Carrier and a 3Mhz LTE Carrier.

They do in most areas...which is why I was questioning where the 12 MHz came from.